Delicato Family Vineyards

Updated Feb 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Chris Indelicato

One of the best company's I have ever worked for.!

Winemaking (Former Employee)

I worked at Delicato Family Vineyards full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBig company but you still feel like a family. The owners are very accessible. Excellent employee benefit plan.

ConsDuring my years at Delicato I never had anything bad to say about them.

Good organization, needs more relevant leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Delicato Family Vineyards for more than 3 years

ProsGood family environment and decent middle management. Lots of employee appreciation events.

ConsToo strong HR influence, too many long tenured VPs that lack experience outside of this company. Pay is low for similar jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain talent and pay what is right. Recruit more talent for VP levels. Focus on developing team members and work to retain them.

Great, family-owned wine business!

I have been working at Delicato Family Vineyards as an intern

ProsThe CEO is a 3rd generation family member who would be deserving of this role even if he was not family. Sales force is seasoned and company enjoys a great reputation in the industry.

ConsCompensation is not the greatest and it can take quite some time to advance. If career growth is a priority, be prepared to be very patient.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to seek out the real skinny at the worker bee level. Don't rely on senior management's word that all is well.

A great place to work! Outstanding people and amazing culture!

Operations (Current Employee)
Manteca, CA

I have been working at Delicato Family Vineyards full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDelicato has it all....amazing coworkers, opportunity for advancement and innovative thinking. The work/life balance is second to none and the owner truly care for their employees. Pay is comparable to industry standards and the benefits are top notch. This will be my career company!

ConsThe company is experiencing some phenomenal growth and with that brings growing pains. Some departments are struggling to keep pace with the demand. However, can't complain.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should do a better job working together. Some silos in the company have been formed.

Great atmosphere. The family really takes care of the employees.

Graphic Design (Current Employee)
Napa, CA

I have been working at Delicato Family Vineyards full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat growing company with great access to CEO

ConsIt's a great place to work.

Poor pay for ridiculous standards, elitist management and an h/r dept that is sub-par to say the least

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Manteca, CA

I worked at Delicato Family Vineyards full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIf you live in the central valley, it's a good location. That's pretty much it.

ConsManagement does not take care of it's employees. Pay is completely below industry standards-they try to be an "elite" brand but do not employ the "elite"-it's whoever they can get at the cheapest price, and quality of the wines reflect that in my opinion. No room for growth. Middle-management like the new h/r and plant director are prime examples-between the two depts hardly a lick of industry wine knowledge-how does that look during a TTB audit? That's shameful for a company trying to make itself known in the high-end marketplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally look at the people you employ in middle management. I moved on to Napa to go more upscale, because this place is going nowhere with this management.

A Unique Culture, That Is A Tough Fit

Area Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Delicato Family Vineyards full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat Brands - very good quality and value behind each brand
A good understanding of the marketplace as a whole
Lots of fun company events
Great Marketing
Great Money

ConsMid-Management was not very transparent
Micro-Managers
Inconsistent Demands

Worked for Delicato Family Vineyards? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Delicato Family Vineyards reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Delicato Family Vineyards CEO Chris Indelicato. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Delicato Family Vineyards employees.