Delivery Agent
www.deliveryagent.com San Francisco, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Delivery Agent Reviews

Updated Jun 6, 2014

Mike Fitzsimmons

Pros:
  • "They have an unlimited vacation policy and treat employees as adults"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Hard working employees that aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get things done, even its not in their job description"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours are necessary, and partners/clients can be very demanding"
    in 5 reviews
  • "The management has no idea what they are doing"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great professional experience that opened many doors for me.

Business Manager (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsHard working employees that aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get things done, even its not in their job description. Pretty easy access to executives if needed.

Very flexible, easy with time off and working from home if needed.

And working on cutting edge digital commerce technology with a portfolio of great entertainment companies and sports teams is pretty cool, with lot of perks.

ConsOnly major con is the standard issue retail pains during the holiday season - long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed some better career development programs for employees.

Delivery Agent VP, HR responded to this review Jan 9, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for the assessment. We're so glad that you're happy at Delivery Agent!

If you put in the effort and own your business, Delivery Agent is a very rewarding company to work for.

San Francisco, CA

ProsStill has that start-up mentality and that start up opportunity. Big improvement in management and direction over the past year. Opportunity for ownership and for the individual who is a decision maker.

ConsThe company has been plagued by poor hires in the past….people who did not want to invest the effort, time, or mental capital to pursue a goal. Company still has a few of these individuals at the mid to low levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the improvement in focus and clarity. Hire right and send the poor performers packing.

Delivery Agent VP, HR responded to this review Dec 30, 2013 EditDelete
    Thank you for the advice and constructive input. We have an interview and hiring process in place to help identify candidates who are a good match for working at DA. We truly want to find people who ... More

Fast paced tech company with great career growth opportunities!

ProsI have been at Delivery Agent for almost a year and it is a great place to work. There are lots of opportunities to have influence in the organization and shape your career path. The services are cutting edge and it's exciting to be part of the organization as we change the future of commerce.

ConsNot really a con but you have to be assertive to move your initiatives forward. There are lots of priority projects so you have to keep yours front of mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focused on our clients and partners as we continue to grow!

Delivery Agent VP, HR responded to this review Dec 30, 2013 EditDelete
    Thank you for the review and support! It’s exciting to see newish employees who are enthusiastic about what we’re doing!
  • We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Talented people. Great technology.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

Pros- Talented and passionate team, the Technology group in particular – both in San Francisco and in Denver. The speed to market and innovation around new capabilities and functionality is impressive. That team just gets it and always delivers.

- Working with some of the worlds’ largest entertainment and media brands to drive their commerce initiatives forward. Very few places do you get the opportunity to work with Discovery, NBCU, HBO, UFC, FIFA/World Cup, etc. at a deep and integrated level.

- The leadership team is strong – CEO, CTO, SVP Business Management, and VP Technology in particular. The CEO has the vision and makes the difficult decisions including a few necessary restructures (I’m sure the root cause of many of these negative posts) for the good of DA long-term.

Cons- Long hours are necessary, and partners/clients can be very demanding.

Advice to Senior Management- Stay the course, and continue to drive innovation.

Delivery Agent VP, HR responded to this review Dec 26, 2013 EditDelete
    Thank you! We appreciate the support and want all our employees to feel the same!

Company has found its rhythm, resilient team has business on right track

Pros---DA continues to attract strong talent at all levels within the org
    ---TComm platform continues to lead innovation
    ---2013 was the most successful year in company history
    ---individuals can make an impact in all areas of the business

Cons---DA asks a lot of its employees, not everyone is built for it
    ---The office is running out of space

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to add talent and resources where needed to sustain growth and improved performance. The annual bonus plan should be attainable and reward fairly when goals are met.

Delivery Agent VP, HR responded to this review Dec 23, 2013 EditDelete
    Thank you for the constructive input, both pros and cons!

Great opportunity to learn, but get out before it's too late

ProsI have learned a ton while working at DA - there's no such thing as a job description here. What you're hired to do and what you end up doing will be completely different and your job will evolve over time with more and more responsibility.

The people (non-managers) are great. I've made what could be life-long friends.

Fun business trip opportunities and client dinners.

Snacks and beverages in the office and you get to work downtown.

Unlimited vacation.

ConsAbsolutely no structure and zero training because most likely no one else at the company has your exact job and as a result, most people don't even know what your job is.

Zero company culture. All of the fun aspects of working for DA were kicked to the curb in January 2013. I see they added some pictures of the gingerbread house activity - don't let that fool you. Other than decorating gingerbread houses and a last minute happy hour, there was no holiday party this year. Very few company events and this is not a team-oriented environment (every-man-for-himself).

Extremely poor management in all levels with the exception of a handful of people. Unprofessional behavior runs rampant and there is zero to little support.

No real career growth. Sure, they promote people, but it's merely a title change with the expectation that you'll be working longer hours.

Expect to work long hours - both in the office and from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of asking us to write reviews of the company on Glassdoor, implement some of our suggestions from the employee survey we took last year. Also, change the process for promoting people and do a better job of hiring people with the right skill set for the job they're given.

Delivery Agent VP, HR responded to this review Jan 9, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for the review and level of detail. This helps. We have job descriptions that we use for hiring, but as a small company roles and responsibilities tend to shift a lot. We realize some ... More

My experience at Delivery Agent has been positive.

(Current Employee)

ProsThe chance to change the future of how consumers use their remote controls is staggeringly cool. And our advertising and commerce products really work for our customers, which is also pretty great.

I also appreciate the lengths the leadership team goes to keep employees in the loop. Frequent all hands meetings (with a chance to ask anonymous questions -- the other day someone asked for the Denver office to start stocking Pop Tarts, a request which was was rebuffed with warmth and humor, though more serious questions are answered in great detail.)

These people are honorable -- my experience has been that management does what it says it's going to do. There are some really brilliant minds here, and I know they're always on the lookout for more.

I was asked to post a review, though not told what to say -- with the hope, I suspect, that current employees would be more satisfied than those who for whatever reason, have left the company. As in all things, everyone's experience is different -- my time here at DA has been largely positive.

ConsAs a relatively new company in a relatively new field, it often does feel like everything is a priority... and of course, that means that projects don't get the focus they deserve, and that it's hard to articulate what we do to outsiders and customers... or sometimes to employees in different departments or offices. But that's impossible to avoid when there's so much ground that needs to be covered in the entertainment commerce and advanced tv/digital advertising space.

I think most of the real drawbacks involved in working here are infrastructure related -- a relatively small, lean team means employees are going to work very hard, and will need to figure out better ways to do things. And it helps to be an optimist. If you are easily discouraged, or if you need very defined and unchanging goals, DA may not be your best choice.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd weight (budget and staff) to our marketing team, please, supporting all divisions -- we need to tell our story more strongly.

Delivery Agent VP, HR responded to this review Dec 30, 2013 EditDelete
    Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts in detail. We appreciate the candidness of your pros and cons. This is very helpful in order to give prospective candidates better insight into ... More

Strong Evolving Product Vision and Biz Model

San Francisco, CA

ProsCompany has a very interesting evolving product vision and business model in the media/entertainment space. And they are building it on top of a strong commerce business that has already been proven as a winner in the marketplace. Great location in the SF financial district area (close to all transit types: bart, buses, ferry boats). Executive team is very strong, mature and experienced. Company culture is fun. They have an unlimited vacation policy and treat employees as adults. Given that we support the TV media and sports team space, merchandise is rather entertaining. There's lots of room to help the company evolve.

ConsWe are working on evolving the companies processes and org structure.

Delivery Agent VP, HR responded to this review Dec 22, 2013 EditDelete
    Thank you for sharing your perspective on working with DA!

Fun, Scrappy, Fast-Paced Tech Company

Director (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsFun environment - tvs around the office, ping pong table, free snacks/sodas in break room
    Unlimited Paid Time Off Policy
    Great location
    Tons of opportunity for career growth - if you are willing to work hard and make an impact, there is opportunity all over the place

ConsAs with any retail-focused company, hours can get long during the peak shopping seasons. Also, like most other growth-stage companies, processes can be in flux as the business scales and matures.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the momentum. The E-Commerce business is continuing to evolve in a great way, and the T-Commerce technology is at a very exciting stage in its life cycle - keep it moving in the right direction! Stay engaged and accessible.

Delivery Agent VP, HR responded to this review Dec 22, 2013 EditDelete
    Thank you for sharing your personal perspective! There are many employees at DA who love working here!

Changing the face of TV as we know it

San Francisco, CA

ProsThe company has a team of really smart, dedicated and energetic people focused on changing the face of TV commerce and TV advertising. The company culture is fast paced and demanding - yet fun and rewarding for those who manage change and a fast pace well.

The Management team has gone through some changes recently but seem poised for really great things if they stay committed. The company enjoys a strong and growing list of commerce and advertising partners from TV networks, to movie studios to leaders in the auto, travel, CPG and retail categories.

The offices are stocked with fun merchandise, kitchens stocked with loads of great snacks/food and they regularly cater lunch for the hard working team. They have also added a great vacation plan to reward those on the team.

ConsThe company went through some changes in January 2013 that impacted culture (but have begun to bounce back over the summer).

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on advertising and tCommerce as a platform. Make good hiring decisions and empower your team to make good decisions.

Delivery Agent VP, HR responded to this review Dec 22, 2013 EditDelete
    Thank you for your perspective and the time you took to share your views about our Company!

Worked for Delivery Agent? Contribute to the Community!

Delivery Agent Videos

Delivery Agent – Why Work for Us?

Delivery Agent is the market leader in turning TV viewers into revenue generating customers for the world’s largest brands and media companies. Delivery Agent’s proprietary technology allows viewers to engage with and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Delivery Agent reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Delivery Agent CEO Mike Fitzsimmons . All 54 reviews posted anonymously by Delivery Agent employees.