Delivery Agent Reviews

Updated March 13, 2015
63 reviews filtered by
2.8
Mike Fitzsimmons

Pros
  • Good work/life balance, there are few times I work late or weekends, but they are rare (in 4 reviews)

• They have an unlimited vacation policy and treat employees as adults (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours are necessary, and partners/clients can be very demanding (in 5 reviews)

• The Management has no idea what they are doing-- poor leadership (in 3 reviews)

Great coworkers, terrible upper management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Among the rank and file employees and lower tier management there are mostly great people who work hard and are easy to get along with.

Cons

Upper management sees everyone below them as expendable numbers that they can do whatever they want with. They have let people go multiple times who were valued team members and left a skills and experience vacuum in their place and their teammates have pick up the pieces. They talk about how we all "owners" of the company during crazy busy times (August through December) so we don't quit from exhaustion, and then forget about us the rest of the year. The emphasis is all on squeezing as much work out of each employee as possible, so there is no time to think ahead or do quality work.

You better rethink your staffing strategy or all your skilled and experienced employees will either quit or be laid off for cheaper substitutions, and the only people left will be junior with no one to train them and terrible morale.

No career boost here

Former Employee - Senior Level in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Level in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Location
    Food/drink
    Fully paid benefits
    casual atmosphere
    fun industry
    flexible hours
    nice people

Cons

Not much growth,
    no learning opportunities - I felt no more enriched when I left than I did when I started here. I learned more at my next job in 3 months than at DA after several years
    dead end job
    Made weird hiring decisions
    I personally did not have respect for management (poor decisions, not smart) and couldn't see myself continuing to waste my time here

invest in your workforce - train, educate, empower, promote

Lots of opportunity if you are in technology as the team is small. People are generally good and try to be helpful.

I worked at Delivery Agent

Pros

Unlimited Vacation, Relaxed Hours, great location for SF office.

Cons

Poor salary for bay area, old technology stack, small team and at times too many responsibilities and no real consequences.

Too much of a grind at times, need to invest in an updated technology stack and processes. Get rid of dead weight, it's holding people back. Extremely high turnover and lack of documentation results in very few people knowing how to do anything.

New Management needs to clue in. Replacing senior experienced employees with cheaper ones in a remote location is unwise

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent client list - although these are at risk due to over promising and under delivering by being cheap and not thinking about the work and hours of input it takes to produce quality results

Cons

Really unrealistic expectations. No budget to work with
    Cheaper is better mentality. No support with staffing.
    Hypocritical messaging from upper management. They need to lead by example

Would you hire someone out of a junior college finance program to be responsible for some of the most important aspects of the finance side of you business?

Respect the experience and skills of employees in other area and you should WANT to pay they well because they are taking care of your clients. YOUR MOST VALUABLE ASSET. Maybe its hard to put an exact monetary value on that but without these clients DA is nothing.

6. Pretty darn exciting work.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time

Pros

* This company is at the magic point of bigger company job-stability, but not bloated so much that my sense of initiative gets worn into the ground by bureaucracy.
    * The open vacation policy works, if you ask far enough in advance for the time off. It really all depends on your manager fortunately or unfortunately.
    * Anthem Blue-Cross is the health insurance currently, and it is fantastic.
    * Project management in the software sphere is pretty reasonable. They don't work, "Well, I guess you're gonna have to do some weekends." into the ideal timeline, which is refreshing change.
    * The business decisions that get made seem to be rooted somewhere in reality. Even if they aren't the best ideas in the world, I can at least abide by them as plausible ways to make money relative to the effort it's going to take. That makes it easier to keep my head where it needs to be on a project.

Cons

* There are stock options, but the CEO has pretty much said that going public is the last on the list of things he's going to do to raise capital---so don't hold your breath. People have been sitting on stock options for years.
    * While they do allow work-from-home, they don't really allow work-from-home on a steady basis and they don't look like they're about to any time soon.
    * ADP manages the 'flex' accounts, and it's been nothing short of a pain dealing with them. Granted, I've never heard anyone liking to deal with flex accounts from any other company.
    * I'm a little skeptical of the product we sell at times, but that looks to be improving.
    * The reviews here from the SanFran office are a little..umm.. 'telling'.

I honestly have no advice I would give here.

Dec 8, 2014VP, HR

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate the balance of pros and cons and the supportive rating!

7. Not bad at all but could be a much better place

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time (more than a year)

Pros

(Everything below pertains strictly to the e-commerce side of the business in San Francisco)
    - Great work-life balance
    - No pressure in the office
    - Co-workers are a fun group of people, no jerks
    - Small company, so you get to collaborate with almost all teams and get a better understanding for the business

Cons

- Nobody is held accountable for their actions or the lack thereof
    - Some of the old-timers in management are slowly running the business to the ground
    - For a tech company it is extremely non-technical
    - Mediocre results are considered satisfactory

You really, really, really need to invest in experienced talent and technology. Stop playing politics and favoritism and start holding people accountable. Invest in the technology side of the business and work on retaining and expanding the talent pool. Trust and invest in your employees and they will pay you back. Be more transparent when communicating victories and provide employees with more reasons to be proud of their work place.

Nov 20, 2014VP, HR

Thank you for the detailed pros and cons. We appreciate your feedback.

We've lost our way

Current Employee - Vice President Sales
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company has the potential to truly dominate in so many ways across their advertising and commerce business units.

There are pockets of talent within the company that are truly interested in change and moving the company forward.

The company has some very strong strategic investors.

The new CSO has some really great ideas, seems to be very well respected in the industry and is bringing in some top notch talent who want to impact the company and the culture. He has also helped elevate the industry respect and awareness of DA based on what I read.

Acquisitions of Clean Fun and Music Today have brought some great talent and potential. The Clean Fun CEO is making very positive change happen and has amazing team and ideas. The Music Today GM can help make a positive difference.

Teams are empowered to work autonomously.

Cons

The management of the company, especially those who've been with the company for 3 or more years are inhibiting the growth of the company. It is clear that the new CSO, Music Today GM and Clean Fun CEO are struggling because they are not given support from others on the executive team. It has taken a year or more for some of their work to take hold because of resistance to positive change.

There is a very clear us vs them attitude, especially with the company and team that was acquired in Denver. The Denver team is arrogant (unwarranted) and stands to single handedly drive this company into a death spiral because of their clear desire to kill anything new or good for the greater DA good that may threaten their roles. I would bet our new CSO fails because the Denver team does not want to give up their hold on the Interactive TV business.

While there has been some very strong new management whom have joined the company, the old timers seem to resist or fear change so much that they do not support the new management who clearly seem talented and have great ideas, enthusiasm and relationships.

The attrition rate of this company and associated culture has got to be one of the worse a company can have. Companies that DA has acquired are not properly folded into the greater whole.

The CEO and CFO are completely at odds with one another. The friction is painful to observe (this after 3 recent CFO's).

There is no marketing done by a company who talks a good game about thought leadership. There is a complete lack of marketing chops and leadership.

The engineering and tech support for the emerging business which seems to be our advertising business, is clearly lacking. New platform partners are signed and then left for months or year or more without and service or intent to service. It is only a matter of time before these partners lose faith or realize the truth.

Get aligned as a team and work together. It is apparent that there are not clearly aligned goals and objectives.

Work to change the culture in SF. The office is like a morgue.

Support your new executive like Greg, Chas and Gabe. They have great ideas and are truly valued by many in our team. Don't let Denver desire to own everything stop the positive change these exciting executives can and are delivering.

Chaos

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some really good, fun, and hardworking people.
    Unlimited PTO

Cons

When the new President came in, he quoted the phrase - The definition of Chaos is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome. Yet, that is all that we have done since he came on board. We are now back into a structure that he tried to implement when he first started. We are now at an all time low in terms of appropriate staffing, morale and direction to get the job done.

Pick one direction and go with it. Quit going back and forth every few months.

Nov 20, 2014VP, HR

We are definitely a company that is learning, growing and changing. We appreciate and need talent who can help us learn and change as we go through a rapid growth process!

Life is too short to work here

I have been working at Delivery Agent

Pros

You get to preview some TV content. The physical office space is covered in TVs so you watch baseball games during the day. Accountability is limited, I spend much of my day surfing the web and shopping on Amazon. The pay is decent and most of the people are friendly.

Cons

This place is draining. Seems like each year (I've been here for almost three) is worse than the last. It's a total revolving door here. We all figured the COO - who is the least motivating person I've ever met -- would be gone by now but somehow he's still here. There's always a strain on the company due to our lack of profitability and flaws of our model. We just acquired a music merchandizing company because we were desperate for revenue. However they've never been profitable . . . so we've bought another unprofitable venture. I don't get it. Two friends were recently asked "to leave" to control costs. More pain ahead for sure. Run away is my best advise.

Find a new COO.

Nov 20, 2014VP, HR

Thank you for your candid feedback. We look at our turnover on a quarterly basis and it is right in line with industry data. It is unfortunate to hear that someone is surfing the web and shopping ... More

Direction always changing, flawed management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working in the entertainment industry was fun and interesting. Still a young, start-up company.

Cons

High turnover, management was flawed and played favoritism and they were always looking to get ahead, did not support growth, direction was always changing, allowed clients to run them rather than vice versa. Compensation was not competitive.

Stop playing favoritism and appreciate your employees who actually do the work.

Nov 20, 2014VP, HR

Thank you for your input, both positive and constructive. We look at our turnover on a quarterly basis and it is in line with industry data. Compensation is performance based and all our ... More