Delivery Agent Reviews

Updated August 24, 2014
Updated August 24, 2014

Mike Fitzsimmons

Pros
  • They have an unlimited vacation policy and treat employees as adults (in 5 reviews)

• Hard working employees that aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get things done, even its not in their job description (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours are necessary, and partners/clients can be very demanding (in 5 reviews)

• The management has no idea what they are doing (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Direction always changing, flawed management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working in the entertainment industry was fun and interesting. Still a young, start-up company.

Cons

High turnover, management was flawed and played favoritism and they were always looking to get ahead, did not support growth, direction was always changing, allowed clients to run them rather than vice versa. Compensation was not competitive.

Stop playing favoritism and appreciate your employees who actually do the work.

Chaos

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some really good, fun, and hardworking people.
    Unlimited PTO

Cons

When the new President came in, he quoted the phrase - The definition of Chaos is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome. Yet, that is all that we have done since he came on board. We are now back into a structure that he tried to implement when he first started. We are now at an all time low in terms of appropriate staffing, morale and direction to get the job done.

Pick one direction and go with it. Quit going back and forth every few months.

Life is too short to work here

I have been working at Delivery Agent

Pros

You get to preview some TV content. The physical office space is covered in TVs so you watch baseball games during the day. Accountability is limited, I spend much of my day surfing the web and shopping on Amazon. The pay is decent and most of the people are friendly.

Cons

This place is draining. Seems like each year (I've been here for almost three) is worse than the last. It's a total revolving door here. We all figured the COO - who is the least motivating person I've ever met -- would be gone by now but somehow he's still here. There's always a strain on the company due to our lack of profitability and flaws of our model. We just acquired a music merchandizing company because we were desperate for revenue. However they've never been profitable . . . so we've bought another unprofitable venture. I don't get it. Two friends were recently asked "to leave" to control costs. More pain ahead for sure. Run away is my best advise.

Find a new COO.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok place to work

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good compensation, great benefits, great work/life balance

Cons

Its a bit too laid back for some peoples taste.

Great work/life balance, no joke!

Learn, Listen and Reform!

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time

Pros

Some really amazing and talented folks on the ground floor and in middle management who are actively working to make the most of their situations. Some in the mid-management areas of the company really do care about the well being of their employees and their career paths. I give a lot of credit to the workers here and some of those in mid-management. They are the backbone of Delivery Agent!

The health benefits are actually very decent (and in this day and age that's definitely a plus!) and the downtown SF location is great.

Cons

It's really a cop-out to simply say the company is still a "start up" after 10+ years as the reason why processes and organizational structures aren't fully up and running smoothly, or operating consistently. With the right leadership team in place, that leads by example, and is held accountable for their performance (which they are not), this would simply not be a problem. Case in point:

The current president of DA himself lied to the entire company during an all hands meeting when he was asked point blank via an anonymous question whether we were going to have mass layoffs in January 2013 He told us we were told we would not and the pink slips got handed out two weeks later. As stated by others on this site, he likes to threaten and intimidate; part of the so-called "culture" at DA that is alive and well. Threatening behavior, intimidation and underhanded tactics are not only freely used by upper management, they are actually encouraged widely practiced by the executive team.

After the restructure the CEO was absolutely outraged about the bad reviews on this site and ordered some employees and HR to post positive reviews, even if they were contrived. Is this happening now? If history is any indication, you bet.

The reviews on this site seem to be very polarized in terms of being downright negative or over the top positive with not much that would fall into the middle of the road category. This is not a good sign when a company's reviews come from either two extremes. But it’s an accurate glimpse of the cultural gulf that exists within the company.

For the Board: Learn from previous errors in business practices. Think about the multiple rounds of investor funding the company has received that have been wasted. Why wasn't DA a public company 4 years ago (during which time we went through 4 CFO's and 2 COO's, 3 HR Managers and turnover through the roof)? If the leadership's vision or actions aren't helping the company or the staff, make them accountable and clean out the upper part of the house which is more than overdue.

For Management: Invest in all your employees and establish a codified internal career path program including job sharing between departments as part of that. Promote from within and don't play favorites. You'll be surprised how many people have potential talents that can be tapped as resources in multiple areas of the company if they are properly cross trained. Give your people enough resources, tools and guidance they'll need to succeed and don't set them up to fail.

For HR: Treat those who come to you with their criticisms, concerns or issues as you would like to be treated. Be fair, respectful, receptive and neutral with all personnel issues. Try not to assume every employee with some tough criticism is automatically a bad cultural match for the company or just not a good fit for their role. It's actually to your benefit to be a real advocate for the employees and not just a mouthpiece for the powers that be .

Thought there was potential - but not inspiring

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time for more than a year

Pros

I read a lot the non-HR written reviews (those that weren't 5s batched together) coming into this job about a year ago. So, to be fair, I was somewhat informed. My first week or two was really good. Learned some things, like the junior people and some of the leadership in Denver were impression. I also liked the fact that we'd go out for drinks and be able to talk about things other than work. Also, there's a lot of sports-talk, which I dig.

Cons

Unfortunately, after a short period of time I saw the realities. First off, the place is burning through cash and is cutting every corner. Additionally, some of the senior folks are simply unqualified. Two examples: The President is a joke. Seriously, the whispers behind his back are ridiculous. The more insecure he gets the more he lashes out. He likes to threaten and scare. I do think he's ever read a book on management. The Sr. Account guy is a sales guy and I don't think understands account management and P&L. Kinda weird. Finally, the business is lame. I mean, we sell swag. Hard to tell people that's your job. Sigh. Finally, the TV shopping thing is kind of odd. I mean, why would people just use their amazon app?

Find the right people for the right job

Run for the hills

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people who try real hard. It's impossible to gain any ground. Upper management can't get it together. Have focused on better hires but good people won't stay if they have to deal with upper management.

Cons

Upper management is horrible. Mike, can you focus? Squirrel.. You are dragging the culture down. Oh wait, have you read the reviews on here? You never had a good culture.

Get people in with focus. HR has worked to better the culture but it won't last if upper management doesn't get on board.

Growth Company Poised For Greatness

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Company is clearly onto something big with ShopTV and Advanced TV Ads
    Clear leaders in tCommerce
    Company is late stage
    Unlimited Vacation

Cons

Culture is in transition - not much of a culture at all
    Smaller team - with lots of work to go around

Focus on what is driving the future of the business, properly invest in this area and commit (seems that Datascope and Advanced TV/tCommerce will transform this business)
    Continue to work on company culture - seems to be improving
    Encourage work life balance

Mar 18, 2014VP, HR

Thank you for the input! We will continue to work on developing a stronger culture!

Interesting work, cool people and good work/life balance

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited vacation policy
    Management/HR is really putting in effort to changing the environment and making it a fun place to work
    Since the company is small, work is highly visible and you are able to see the effects of your hard work
    Cool products

Cons

The team is understaffed so there is more than enough work to go around but we all take on what we can
    There should probably be more company events since different teams do not really get a chance to interact that often with other teams
    There's not really any company culture as everybody does their own thing
    The pace is very laid back so work gets done slower than usual
    Also since the company has been around for a while, a lot of people are very comfortable doing things the same, but we need to change to improve
    The office space is running out of room for new hires, hopefully we can move into a bigger space soon

There needs to be a greater sense of urgency within the company if we want to expand and attract high caliber new hires
    More company events to encourage interdepartment relationships
    Keep effecting change to be a better company

Mar 18, 2014VP, HR

Thank you for the feedback! We're hosting weekly episodes of Sons of Anarchy and soon Game of Thrones for all employees and contractors in our San Francisco office... complete with food and ... More

Overall, a good company to work for

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time for less than a year

Pros

The technology is cutting edge and really fun to work with. My boss makes me feel appreciated when I put in the extra hours. Good work/life balance, there are few times I work late or weekends, but they are rare.

Unlimited vacation and awesome benefits.

Cons

It's a very isolated environment and hard to get to know anybody. I still have no idea what most people do, even people in my department. If they're not in my department, I wouldn't know them from the janitor, honestly.

Some people are extremely disrespectful and there doesn't seem to be any attitude to stop it.

Some community building would be awesome.

Mar 18, 2014VP, HR

Thank you for the candid input. I am terribly sorry to hear that some people are extremely disrespectful in our Denver office. We will address.

Worked for Delivery Agent? Contribute to the Community!