Delivery Agent Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Chaos

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some really good, fun, and hardworking people.
    Unlimited PTO

Cons

When the new President came in, he quoted the phrase - The definition of Chaos is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome. Yet, that is all that we have done since he came on board. We are now back into a structure that he tried to implement when he first started. We are now at an all time low in terms of appropriate staffing, morale and direction to get the job done.

Advice to Management

Pick one direction and go with it. Quit going back and forth every few months.

Nov 20, 2014VP, HR

We are definitely a company that is learning, growing and changing. We appreciate and need talent who can help us learn and change as we go through a rapid growth process!

Direction always changing, flawed management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working in the entertainment industry was fun and interesting. Still a young, start-up company.

Cons

High turnover, management was flawed and played favoritism and they were always looking to get ahead, did not support growth, direction was always changing, allowed clients to run them rather than vice versa. Compensation was not competitive.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favoritism and appreciate your employees who actually do the work.

Nov 20, 2014VP, HR

Thank you for your input, both positive and constructive. We look at our turnover on a quarterly basis and it is in line with industry data. Compensation is performance based and all our ... More

Ok place to work

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good compensation, great benefits, great work/life balance

Cons

Its a bit too laid back for some peoples taste.

Advice to Management

Great work/life balance, no joke!

Nov 20, 2014VP, HR

Thank your for the input, both positive and constructive!

Learn, Listen and Reform!

I worked at Delivery Agent full-time

Pros

Some really amazing and talented folks on the ground floor and in middle management who are actively working to make the most of their situations. Some in the mid-management areas of the company really do care about the well being of their employees and their career paths. I give a lot of credit to the workers here and some of those in mid-management. They are the backbone of Delivery Agent!

The health benefits are actually very decent (and in this day and age that's definitely a plus!) and the downtown SF location is great.

Cons

It's really a cop-out to simply say the company is still a "start up" after 10+ years as the reason why processes and organizational structures aren't fully up and running smoothly, or operating consistently. With the right leadership team in place, that leads by example, and is held accountable for their performance (which they are not), this would simply not be a problem. Case in point:

The current president of DA himself lied to the entire company during an all hands meeting when he was asked point blank via an anonymous question whether we were going to have mass layoffs in January 2013 He told us we were told we would not and the pink slips got handed out two weeks later. As stated by others on this site, he likes to threaten and intimidate; part of the so-called "culture" at DA that is alive and well. Threatening behavior, intimidation and underhanded tactics are not only freely used by upper management, they are actually encouraged widely practiced by the executive team.

After the restructure the CEO was absolutely outraged about the bad reviews on this site and ordered some employees and HR to post positive reviews, even if they were contrived. Is this happening now? If history is any indication, you bet.

The reviews on this site seem to be very polarized in terms of being downright negative or over the top positive with not much that would fall into the middle of the road category. This is not a good sign when a company's reviews come from either two extremes. But it’s an accurate glimpse of the cultural gulf that exists within the company.

Advice to Management

For the Board: Learn from previous errors in business practices. Think about the multiple rounds of investor funding the company has received that have been wasted. Why wasn't DA a public company 4 years ago (during which time we went through 4 CFO's and 2 COO's, 3 HR Managers and turnover through the roof)? If the leadership's vision or actions aren't helping the company or the staff, make them accountable and clean out the upper part of the house which is more than overdue.

For Management: Invest in all your employees and establish a codified internal career path program including job sharing between departments as part of that. Promote from within and don't play favorites. You'll be surprised how many people have potential talents that can be tapped as resources in multiple areas of the company if they are properly cross trained. Give your people enough resources, tools and guidance they'll need to succeed and don't set them up to fail.

For HR: Treat those who come to you with their criticisms, concerns or issues as you would like to be treated. Be fair, respectful, receptive and neutral with all personnel issues. Try not to assume every employee with some tough criticism is automatically a bad cultural match for the company or just not a good fit for their role. It's actually to your benefit to be a real advocate for the employees and not just a mouthpiece for the powers that be .

Nov 20, 2014VP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about Delivery Agent. You are correct in that we are not a start-up and shouldn't be referred to as one. In partnership with Glassdoor, HR has ... More

Run for the hills

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people who try real hard. It's impossible to gain any ground. Upper management can't get it together. Have focused on better hires but good people won't stay if they have to deal with upper management.

Cons

Upper management is horrible. Mike, can you focus? Squirrel.. You are dragging the culture down. Oh wait, have you read the reviews on here? You never had a good culture.

Advice to Management

Get people in with focus. HR has worked to better the culture but it won't last if upper management doesn't get on board.

Growth Company Poised For Greatness

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Company is clearly onto something big with ShopTV and Advanced TV Ads
    Clear leaders in tCommerce
    Company is late stage
    Unlimited Vacation

Cons

Culture is in transition - not much of a culture at all
    Smaller team - with lots of work to go around

Advice to Management

Focus on what is driving the future of the business, properly invest in this area and commit (seems that Datascope and Advanced TV/tCommerce will transform this business)
    Continue to work on company culture - seems to be improving
    Encourage work life balance

Mar 18, 2014VP, HR

Thank you for the input! We will continue to work on developing a stronger culture!

Interesting work, cool people and good work/life balance

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited vacation policy
    Management/HR is really putting in effort to changing the environment and making it a fun place to work
    Since the company is small, work is highly visible and you are able to see the effects of your hard work
    Cool products

Cons

The team is understaffed so there is more than enough work to go around but we all take on what we can
    There should probably be more company events since different teams do not really get a chance to interact that often with other teams
    There's not really any company culture as everybody does their own thing
    The pace is very laid back so work gets done slower than usual
    Also since the company has been around for a while, a lot of people are very comfortable doing things the same, but we need to change to improve
    The office space is running out of room for new hires, hopefully we can move into a bigger space soon

Advice to Management

There needs to be a greater sense of urgency within the company if we want to expand and attract high caliber new hires
    More company events to encourage interdepartment relationships
    Keep effecting change to be a better company

Mar 18, 2014VP, HR

Thank you for the feedback! We're hosting weekly episodes of Sons of Anarchy and soon Game of Thrones for all employees and contractors in our San Francisco office... complete with food and ... More

Overall, a good company to work for

Current Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The technology is cutting edge and really fun to work with. My boss makes me feel appreciated when I put in the extra hours. Good work/life balance, there are few times I work late or weekends, but they are rare.

Unlimited vacation and awesome benefits.

Cons

It's a very isolated environment and hard to get to know anybody. I still have no idea what most people do, even people in my department. If they're not in my department, I wouldn't know them from the janitor, honestly.

Some people are extremely disrespectful and there doesn't seem to be any attitude to stop it.

Advice to Management

Some community building would be awesome.

Mar 18, 2014VP, HR

Thank you for the candid input. I am terribly sorry to hear that some people are extremely disrespectful in our Denver office. We will address.

Fast and fun environment.

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time

Pros

This company is small enough to provide ample opportunity to be exposed to multiple areas of the business without being siloed. There is a great group of people working at DA.

Cons

Possibly some growing pains as we get bigger but really is a pro vs a con.

Advice to Management

More company held team building events

Mar 18, 2014VP, HR

Thank you!! It's wonderful to read this feedback. Glad you're enjoying your experience with DA.

Delivery Agent- working for a progressive, tech-savy, fun company!

I have been working at Delivery Agent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Progressive thinking, tech savy, employee focused and rewarding based on merit.

Cons

Satellite offices appear to be somewhat isolated at times with certain aspects of the business.

Mar 18, 2014VP, HR

Thank you for your feedback. Sounds like we need to do more to integrate our satellite offices.

RSS Feed </> Embed