Dell

Dell Reviews in Hyderābād

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Dell Chairman and CEO Michael S. Dell

Michael S. Dell

Pros
  • work life balance; flexible work hours; empowered individual contributors (in 468 reviews)

• They give you a very nice laptop and dock so you can work from home when needed (in 158 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can become a challenge; frequent reorganizations affect work quality (in 146 reviews)

• The senior management reporting to Michael is very uneven with a couple of real bozos (in 75 reviews)

More Highlights
66 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Its always exciting to work with Dell with a good leadership team across the globe.

Applications Management Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsThe assistance from management is the key factor which will help individuals grow considering the individual development plan. People need not to switch companies to work into different role, where as there are good internal job options available to help individuals grow considering their career growth plan.

ConsThere are no opportunities to move across the regions, which is considered to be an important factor these days. The opportunities for training and development are less. Even for the hard working people it is impossible to expect an onsite opportunity. This is a highest backlog due to which people leave the organization in terms to fly other countries by switching companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in new options of onsite opportunities helping worthy individuals get required visibility. It is always valid to give required attention to the key people by providing them necessary support and explore options.

Great Place to work if you have the initiative

Software Development Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsOpportunities to learn new technologies and play different roles, less work politics.

ConsManagement needs to hold more accountability of staff, the freedom is often misused - people who work are given more work and trusted and people who don't perform their duties continue as is without no action taken

Good company and great open work environment, positive attitude

Team Lead (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsLearning is fun, Open forum, strong commitment towards Customer satisfaction

Consslow individual growth, salary not as per the hard word put in

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease provide better salary and other benefits to employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Clearly a Declining Phase in all aspects which i doubt will ever recover

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsWork Culture/Learning oppurtunities/Latest tools and techniques/Global Exposure/Networking oppurtunities/Open culture/Work - life balance

ConsSalary/Bonus/Management decisions/Hurried Decisions/No proper planning/Always last minute changes without investing time in planning phase
    Company had pulled out on all employee benefits...

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get the old Dell back

Dell IT Hyderabad

Program Manager (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsOpportunity to play any role irrespective of your title;
    Opportunity to work in various technologies;
    Job Rotation is encouraged;
    Work on large scale programs

ConsVery less hike (always follows competitors);
    Career Progression is very slow (for most of the individuals);

not a good idea to take up as cust care rep for someone who's planning for MS

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Prosfun is only during the training.

Conswork, is quite hectic during the months of dec and jan.

Advice to Senior Managementthey really would'nt take.

Good place to start your career

Tss (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsGood friendly people and corporate exposure. Personal growth about corporate techniques and practises can be gained. Nice work place and

ConsVery littel internal movements, growth is less

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage the peopl ewho really are capable of making history.

Good career growth by Dell Services, but the Global Application Packaging Management needs to be more professional.

Applications Packaging Senior Associate (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Pros1. Good Salary

3. Worst Employee Benefits
    4. Unprofessional Management
    5. Cheap Employment Tactics
    6. Overpriced Dell products

"The right place to be in"

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsDynamic environment, lots of freedom to express your ideas & work on them, transparent Management, great work culture,,,best part is Dell values your work-life balance & takes it seriously to ensure that you have a good work life balance.

ConsNobody is perfect, so as long as we keep an eye on our mistakes (like we do on other's) & keep working on them, everything should fall in place (eventually).

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more often!! :-)

Regional Accounts Receivable Manager

Regional Accounts Receivable Manager (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsExposure to several regions AR trends and simply the process to enhance cash flow

ConsAccountability and Empowerment to drive the process and people in a effective manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpowerment and Accountability

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!