Dell

Dell Reviews in Nashua, NH

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Dell Chairman and CEO Michael S. Dell

Michael S. Dell

Pros
  • work life balance; flexible work hours; empowered individual contributors(in 463 reviews)

• They give you a very nice laptop and dock so you can work from home when needed(in 156 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a myth if you are a manager working with global team(in 145 reviews)

• If you are looking for a position, stick to a senior management position(in 74 reviews)

16 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

General big company experience.

Sales Support Analyst (Former Employee) Nashua, NH

ProsPay and benefits are good. A number of fun events take place throughout the year.
    Many opportunities to give back to the community.

ConsTools for the job are too many or too few depending on the position.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job of listening.

Dell Candidate and Employee Experience Team responded to this review

Jun 23, 2014

Thank you for posting your experience with Dell and how we can improve. In particular, there are a number of initiatives across the company to not only improve our processes and tools but also ... More

Best company that I ever worked for

Project Manager (Former Employee) Nashua, NH

ProsFantastic benfits and great products

ConsPeople from remote aquisitions should be canned immediately as they often are cliquish bunch and are very resistent to the Dell way

Advice to Senior ManagementDeep six management from remote aquisitions

Nice place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Nashua, NH

ProsNashua NH campus is nice. Laid back, fun, good work / life balance, friendly place. Before the outsourcing to India some good opportunities.

ConsNot very organized. Middle management plentiful, not very useful. When in panic mode go for "let's check everything from A to Z instead of spending a little time identifying where the effort is actually needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore openness with regards of the future situation, too much middle management. The relationship between QA and development needs attention.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dell is destined for the top right quadrant in each of its LoB

Practice Executive I&CC (Current Employee) Nashua, NH

ProsDell typically pays above average salaries, and Michael Dell seems serious about reshaping the company to be a heavy weight IT services company with enterprise solutions for servers, storage, network, security, cloud management and data center services.

ConsA lot of aspirational plans to really grow the services business which existed before the company went private may remain aspirational. The frequency of org restructuring is very difficult to keep track of.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring down the walls between the various Lines of Businesses. Inter company competition is not exactly healthy and typically does not bode well with the clients. For the services business, concentrate service delivery, consulting under one umbrella rather than having multiple services offerings across different lines of businesses.

Great place to work

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee) Nashua, NH

ProsCompensation, working from home when needed is not a problem

ConsUncertainty about future direction during the current transition phase after becoming a private company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a great team of employees, utilize their skills to enter into new product areas.

Dell sucks, bad management, bad HR

Technwriter (Current Employee) Nashua, NH

ProsGood pay, not much else good about the company.

ConsManagement really, really, really, sucks. Especially the whole documentation chain of management. They care nothing about the writers.
    HR is the worst I have ever seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up. Get a clue. You have your heads up your......

I was able to take a product that needed an overhaul and do exactly that.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Nashua, NH

ProsIt was easy to establish a good work/family balance with the standard business hours. Good equipment to work with. My manager understood my strengths.

ConsThere was a fair amount of corporate overhead especially in the Human Resources areas. Required training for different legal reasons was rather interesting.

Overall good company but merger and privatisation is killing the charm

Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Nashua, NH

ProsGood work and life balance, at par salary packages

ConsPrivatisation motto is very unclear causing lot of attrition. Merger between companies bought causing a lot of concern among current employees. Currently not many opportunities to change group due to uncertainty of merger and pre-privatisation.

Advice to Senior ManagementESG leadership is causing a lot of concern in employees and should be handles properly by Michael Dell to avoid further attrition.

Software Developer

Software Developer (Former Employee) Nashua, NH

ProsMost rewarding. Though I was with a small team out of Equallogic domain, the amount of business exposure and immense technical knowledge yearned and earned is vast. Thank you Dell.

ConsAFAIK could not recall anything.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes the regional Telegu people get into politics jeopardizing the tranquility of the atmosphere. If you could do something to mitigate this it would be great.

Flexible work options

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Nashua, NH

Prosability to pick up any problem and solve it

ConsBig company, need to navigate people to get decisions made

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!