Dell

Dell Chairman and CEO Michael S. Dell

Michael S. Dell

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent Opportunities

Technical Product Specialist (Current Employee)
Reston, VA

I have been working at Dell full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat Environment, Reasonable work load, great compensation!

ConsWish I lived closer, really nothing bad about the company

Advice to Senior ManagementMore free lunches would be appreciated!

Dell DSG in Reston, VA

BDR (Current Employee)
Reston, VA

I have been working at Dell full-time for more than a year

ProsDress code is non existent so if you are into casual dress this place is for you. Also, the average age of employees here is around 25 at the high end which means lots of lacrosse in the office and tossing footballs. It is kind of like working in a daycare for pre-adults.

Good place to get a first job to learn how things shouldn't be done and if you can make it here a year in any role sales or technical you can make it in a professional environment with your eyes closed.

ConsThis place is a puppy mill and a sweat shop which created the concept of "keep it simple stupid" with the emphasis on stupid. They constantly demand more and give less, expect long hours well beyond what is industry practice (and that is saying something). You're not as good as your last effort and there is no concept of loyalty, investment or care for your place as an employee they totally expect you to stay there 3 months or less and their "table model" screams this. You can make money here there is no doubt but what is in doubt is if your sanity relative to the idiocy will sustain you.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit and do your people and the business a favor because your lack of vision is appalling.

Worked for Dell? Contribute to the Community!

Dell – Why Work for Us?

The focus in Dell for our team members is very much on creating an environment where every individual can be their best and do their best work in service of our customers. Our philosophy toward people is to "build… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dell reviews and ratings in Reston, VA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dell CEO Michael S. Dell. All reviews posted anonymously by Dell employees.