Deloitte

6,829 Reviews

Deloitte Global CEO Barry Salzberg
Barry Salzberg
1,510 Ratings

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 465 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 164 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1240 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 248 reviews)

More Highlights

135 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

No professional or personal growth.

Current Employee - Business Data Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Data Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work culture with work-life balance..
    Work from home for one day
    Lot of company sponsored happy hours and outings.

Cons

Very hard to get promoted.
    Try to keep you as the current level to reduce client and company cost per hour.

Try to award good performance & encourage people on good work.

Great professional opportunities. Renewed focus on work/life balance, but still hard to achieve.

Current Employee - Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you love to travel, you get all the perks: points, miles, and free meals while you're traveling. Deloitte is also excellent for recent college grads looking to get an accelerated experience in the professional world. I would recommend anyone who is willing to focus primarily on their career for their first few years out of college to consider working here.

Cons

Despite the renewed firm focus on work/life balance, I still find myself working 60-70 hours a week, which is viewed as needed in order to get better-than-average year-end reviews. Culture is different for each office, so it can be collegiate or competitive--you should ask people that work in the office where you're looking to work.

The firm should put dollars towards increasing hiring for support roles. By bringing in individuals to manage the internal firm tasks that are currently left for client-facing staff (e.g. updating internal sites, providing detailed non-public research, etc.), we commit to the renewed focus on better work/life balance

Blurry Vision for Controllers

Former Employee - Senior Consultant, Project Controller in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant, Project Controller in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunity for learning new skills delivered with quality.

Cons

Difficult to move around in the company if you want to try new things outside your starting function.

For controller group - market and support controllers as part of the project team rather than keeping them mostly in back office roles. Integration and support for projects will happen best with controllers attending meetings with project leadership - becoming a trusted member of the team.

Great work experience but long hours, no work-life balance, and low pay for the sacrifice.

Current Employee - Audit Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Audit Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work with a young, smart group of people, can start getting management experience very early in career (2nd year overlooking 1st years, etc). Good stepping stone job. I receive opportunity offers on linkedin on a weekly basis and you hear of people leaving the firm and getting great jobs out of the auditing profession.

Cons

Long hours, culture is very rigid, busy season sucks (although time does fly since you're very busy), hit a couple 80-90 hour weeks. Once you're on a certain client, even early on in your career there, it can be really hard to get switched to another client which is annoying for many people, as the chances of you landing the team you are compatible with is somewhat rare.

Work-life balance needs to improve. Also, associates should have a better opportunity to see other clients/teams, it would reduce some turnover in my opinion as many people quit just because they don't like their team and not because of hours, etc.

I have been able to grow developmentally thanks to a varied set of business opportunities across many sectors.

Current Employee - Business Analyst I in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst I in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The ability to take Personal Time Off on my own schedule is very nice. Office culture is great as well, with most co-workers almost feeling like friends. The pay is competitive.

Cons

The firm often spends too much time emphasizing internal initiatives over client work. Many competitors provide bonuses to even their most junior employees: not at Deloitte.

Spend less time on internal firm initiatives, give holiday bonuses, and be more transparent in the staffing process.

Great stepping stone, but leave fast

Former Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large network of people. Deloitte has it's fingers in everything, and building a nationwide network is easy. Career progression is good if you are willing to sell your soul to the company. Put in a few years and then leave.

Cons

Politics is EVERYWHERE. Your network defines your career progression, and not your actual work. Most of the work is boring and tedious. Deloitte does not care much about your worklife balance. Leadership can say one thing at the all-hands, but come crunch time, your project manager doesn't care. People are overworked, and there is little show of appreciation.

Benefits are terrible. Deloitte gives a 25% match up to 6% of base. This is one of the worst matches I've ever seen.

At the end of the day, Deloitte is run by partners that only care about selling more work. They don't care about the regular staff employees (i.e. sr consultants and below), and consider them pretty expendable.

You lack innovation, you lack vision, and you give very little respect to employees worklife balance. Take more risks in the market, and value your employees more.

Senior Manager Consulting

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great project experience. Excellent clients. Interesting work. Very talented junior practitioners. They are intelligent, hard working and generally good people.

Cons

Work life balance is very challenging, particularly for consultants who have a family. The hours are long -- late nights and weekends are common practice. Deloitte does not have a lot of flexibility to work remotely, so constant travel is expected.
    There is a huge expectation that all consultants are actively contributing to "firm activities." All of these internal initiatives are nights / weekend work and low value add, but essential to getting a good performance rating.

Reduce turnover by creating a more sustainable work life balance. Reduce the expectations on the low value added internal contributions. Focus on delivering great client work.

I wouldn't work anywhere else!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Collegial culture, smartest people you'll ever work with, level of professionalism.

Cons

Work and client demands can be vey challenging. Hours can be extensive and so can the travel. Organization is large and complex and with that comes it's own set of challenges.

Keep with the transparent communication. It is appreciated!

Consulting: Well run, but employees are starting to feel commoditized

Current Employee - Consulting Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consulting Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

- Well run, efficient organization
    - Scaling rapidly, highly profitable business
    - Good training opportunities if you know how to navigate

Cons

- Benefits have been gradually decreasing
    - New compensation structure (emphasizing bonus) is good in theory but has resulted in much lower pay for the top performers like me. I actually lost money YoY, which was very depressing
    - Partners continue to make the most money - at the expense of employees. It's all about making partner
    - I've been at the firm almost 9 years now. It's a different firm now. I feel less like an individual and more like a piece of meat on a conveyor belt. Performance reviews are mechanical, very frameworky. I do well because I tick the boxes, but this isn't personally fulfilling

Create smaller P&L practices with greater autonomy
    Pay partners less, employees more

Nice place to hang a hat

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work. Super people and projects

Cons

A few difficult partners to work for.