Deloitte

Updated Apr 19, 2014

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to kick off your career (Depending on your perspective)

Audit Assistant (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe top pro about working at Deloitte is the networks you make and the opportunities that are unlocked the second you walk in the door. Once you're here, you're a valued asset anywhere else in the industry. You are looked at by everyone in Accounting as a professional that has the skills and the experience to navigate pretty much any other Job in accounting. Not only do you gain valuable skills relating to accounting issues but you also gain an understanding of the inner workings of a variety of companies within industries, something that you can never achieve unless you're at a Big Four.

Personally, I joined Deloitte compared to any other of the Big Four because I liked the recruiters at my school. Believe it or not, that in itself was enough for me to lean towards working for Deloitte than anything else. That to me represented the culture and the people that I would be working with and it didn't disappoint. The people I work with are incredible; the drive and ambition within every individual I have met is off the charts; More so the work ethic and overall intelligence you find here simply cannot be found anywhere else.

ConsWith everything that Deloitte is, there are still a few things it lacks. And these missing pieces are pretty apparent right out the gate. The long hours and relatively low pay (at least for the first 6-7 years) are reasons enough for anyone to jump ship when you consider having and proving for a family as well as spending time with friends and family. That is the only con of working here. If you can live with working for twice minimum wage/hr (calculated) at least for the first few years of your career then this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay staff a little more, at least be close to being competitive with industry. It's understandable that Deloitte doesn't care about retaining talent but at least keep them happy while they're here. The perks are great but the salary just isn't up to par. Everyone realizes that there's nothing that anyone can do about what Deloitte decides to pay us but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be compensated well for our hard work.

Fast paced environment that will prepare for the career in internal audit or accounting

Manager (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood experience for a future career in industry

ConsNo such thing as work-life balance

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Experience at Deloitte is very good.

Tax Senior (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe best reason for working at Deloitte is the culture and attitude of managers. There is always continued learning and work is never dull.

ConsThe hours during busy season can be a bit long, but Deloitte makes up for that by providing work incentives and great bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey do a great job of providing benefits to employees but should work to make sure the appropriate upper management is in place.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good. Working long hours

Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood benefits. people are nice

Consworking long hours. nothing else

Advice to Senior Managementdont let your staff working too much hours

a

Cincinnati, OH

ProsWork flex, salary and benefits

ConsDifficult to use generous vacation given 'social pressure' of longer work days.

Advice to Senior Managementa

Great for Work/Life Balance

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsThis company has been very supportive of family and time off due to illness or disability.

ConsThe company requires frequent travel and can require long-days to get the job done.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Manager Review

Tax Manager (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsYou actually will make a difference, just through Impact Day. Much of the work you do on a day to day basis is rote.

ConsVery long hours. A lot of turnover recently. Willingness to cut back to the bone in the downswing, then tout their "commitment to investing in people."

Advice to Senior ManagementI feel like it's difficult to control what goes on in every office for such a large company, but if possible, don't burn bridges.

Tax Consultant II

Tax Consultant II (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsYou work with a lot of good, young people who make it bearable. The benefits are decent, but 401k matching is poor.

ConsThe good, young people you work with are your new family. You will work so much that you don't have a life outside of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop throwing all the fluff about work life balance out there when it's not true. It's great that employees are given so many vacation days, but it would be nice if they were capable of taking those days without getting screwed over with the workload waiting for them when they return.

Good place to work if you can wade through all the BS. Great place to work if you want to be a salesman too.

Manager (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

ProsThere is a gret deal of flexibility. Unlikely that I will find a place with as much flexibility again - maybe ever. If you got the work done and satisfied the client, nobody questioned when or how you worked.

ConsWhen I joined 10 years ago, the company felt like a family. That has been lost amid years of growth and layer upon layer of bureaucracy. I felt innundated by company initiatives, long processes to get simple things done, and an abundance of socio-political activities that took time away from my just doing my job.

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone rode the SOX wave and was happy to lap up the big fees. I wish senior managment had taken advantage of those fat years to position us through investment in training and expansion of service offerings and client base for the cliff that even a college freshman could have predicted the market would fall off of (with regard to SOX work).

truth about d&t

Manager (Current Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

Prosperceived experience from other employers, pay that is compentative to industry for the first few years, awesome number of days off per year, nice flexability in working arrangements (e.g. remote from home as long as not abused)

Consrealization that you are only there to make the partners millions of dollars and that they don't care about the employees, egregeous hours, limited bonuses, one of the worst political climates around, most people lose PTO because they are too busy to take it all, extremely hard firm to make partner in

Advice to Senior Managementit might be time to re-evaluate your "plan" approach for each year, as the "plan" is always unrealistic and unachievable and only demoralizes staff when told that we "are not meeting plan"

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte Videos

Deloitte – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte reviews and ratings in Cincinnati, OH — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees.