Deloitte

3.5 6,208 reviews

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

(1,260 ratings)

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance(in 423 reviews)

• Great place to start off your career to learn a lot of skills(in 143 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance(in 1082 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate(in 218 reviews)

6,208 Employee Reviews

When people hire their loved ones, the employees pay

Document and Creative Services (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, 5 weeks time off, good health insurance. The support staff salaries are generous.

ConsSTINGY with raises. The whole time i was there, no christmas bonus or party for us regular folks, but upper management didnt let that stop them. There is very little room to move or grow unless you have a benefactor who is willing to make things happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't allow employees to drink at lunch and come back sloshed

Horrible Experience with Systems Integration - NEVER JOIN DELOITTE CONSULTING US INDIA

Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsSome of the peers are good to work with .
    Compensation is good compared to other similar firms.
    Good office environment .
    Travel facility is good .

ConsProjects are of pathetic quality .
    There are no quality projects in this firms.
    I would never recommend this firm for laterals as this company would definitely kill your career.
    If you are an experienced integration resource /SOA consultant /WPS/TIBCO/WMB resource ,Please do not join this company and ruin your technical skills.
    Most projects in systems integration /SOA are of very very pathetic quality where you will be doing excel sheet/log check and call center kind of job most of the time .
    I would never recommend this company for a techie who aspire to become an architect /Sr architect .
    With out firm hours and networking ,its hard to get promotion here .
    You will find some folks who does not do any work or does not have basic technical knowledge getting promoted due to regional politics and buttering .
    Most of the senior folks here lack basic knowledge about technical aspects .
    There is no center of excellence set up here for any kind of technology and because of which they are finding it hard to win new projects .
    Even though you may be a talented integration /soa /java consultant , you may be deployed to a .net /testing project ,due to lack of projects in the company, which would eventually kill or end your technical career .

Advice to Senior ManagementDo promote deserving resources rather than promoting people who does not know the basics aspects of technology consulting.
    Try to reduce the emphasis on firm initiatives and unnecessary training programs.
    Please do not kill careers .

Hypothetical expectation, no family life,, weekends. High politics, work only on internal initiative and rest is not imp

Database Administrator (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWell known brand, office is good with many exceptions. Time - off policy is really good.

ConsThis company has emphasize in show-off and no real technical strength. Of-course exceptions are every where.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart focusing on technical resources and their work-life balance, reward policies, to much show-off and loosing focus on technical side and technical resources may not be fruitful to company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too toxic to handle

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros--Learn a lot

--If you search hard, you find some truly outstanding people ( too bad they leave ASAP)

Cons--Hours are inhuman; not just a whiny complaint, busy season is regularly 80-100 hours with a lot of people staying til 4 am; it's a weird competition to see who can stay the longest with bitter senior managers saying they stayed for x amount of hours when they were consultants ( yah you walked uphill in the snow, I get it)

--some partners and senior managers are totally unprofessional in their interactions

--low pay

--there is no work/life balance regardless of what the kool aid says

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice because this is how things have been running for so long they will never change

Worst 2 years and 2 days...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHaving Deloitte on your resume opens many doors for other opportunities.

ConsDuring busy season, there is no such thing as work-life-balance. Unless someone takes a personal interest in you (which is rare) it is hard to learn and grow. Too often you're told "see what was done last year" without any further guidance or explanation. Robots.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look around at those leaving - an entire team, from Auditor to Manager under the same Senior Manager quit. There is no appreciation of current employees.

I truly wish I had done my homework!

Operations Analyst (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI loved the idea of working from home. Particularly when the nearest office is a 90 minute commute. Pay is great.

ConsNo amount of money can makeup for lack of respect to the individual, miscommunications, backstabbing environment that completely lacks ethics.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm shocked to see 68% of your employees recommend you. In November your rating was in the tank and the reviews were more aligned with truth. I would recommend that you find out how your managers treat the people that report into them. If you can do it anonymously all the better so that there is no retaliation. Because if you don't I can guarantee there will be retaliation. They are all about covering themselves when there are errors. They do not take responsiblity for their own mistakes. Particularly in Development and Training - a branch of your Talent & Development. They pulled off getting a great deal of work from me, took the credit for it, and then let me go for an error they committed and that they pinned on me.

Hard to find positives

Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

ProsSpeaking based on experience in the Singapore office only - depending on the team you're working with they can be friendly and close-knit. Good brand name on the surface. Generally more down-to-earth and collegial than in banking. You make close friends with some colleagues.

ConsSpeaking based on experience in the Singapore office only - Work-life balance is non-existent, and the low pay does not help at all. Junior employees are treated merely as resources with little investment in training them up. Measly and laughable employee benefits, welfare and pathetic investment in office equipment. No respect for them and little appreciation for their contributions to projects. Demoralised office environment where people quit very frequently. Needless to say, burn out comes quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in improving employee satisfaction. Have a genuine concern for gathering employee feedback rather than using it as a means to root out the 'dissidents' and prevent them from being promoted.

ruins your life

Associate V (Current Employee) Camp Hill, PA

ProsLiterally nothing. Except for Benefits which are good.

Cons1] Outdated technology development. they have some old frameworks which you need to learn and reuse. No scope of learning new technologies.
    2] Slogging late hours. Senior management will suck your brains. Be prepared to work late hours.
    3] Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate.
    4] Salary is Ok., but not great.

very poor experience. Hate this company

Tax Consultant II (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosvery big company. allows work from home

Consvery bad company. All money taken away by partners/directors

Advice to Senior Managementgive more salary to the consultants and senior consultants

Come here if you hate your family

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood Compensation
    Encourage you to work hard and more during your milestone year

ConsNo work life balance - only work life, leads will expect you to work atleast 12 hrs a day
    Zero professional ethics.
    No respect for Individual
    Leads across all projects are in habit to create panic situation
    You should be political to survive in Deloitte
    Worse work culture

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on your management skills/attitude issues

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!