Deloitte

3.5 6,205 reviews

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

(1,260 ratings)

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance(in 423 reviews)

• Great place to start off your career to learn a lot of skills(in 143 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance(in 1082 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate(in 218 reviews)

6,205 Employee Reviews

A successful company that is driven to provide value

Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsDeloitte pays well. Were I to take a job locally, I'd likely receive about 30-40% less. Deloitte's health package is first class and they give you more opportunities to train than you can absorb. Deloitte is huge, but if you navigate around it you'll find truly bright and visionary people. In my four years at Deloitte, I've met a great number of people that I truly respect--people whose input I truly value.

ConsI came into Deloitte with eyes open. I knew what consulting travel was like. At Deloitte, they call the schedule a 5-4-3. That means that you're working (minimum) five days a week, four days on the road and three nights in a hotel. Basically, you get up at 5 a.m. on Mondays and get home Thursday around 8p. Friday's (most of the time) you're in your local office. And beyond the client work, there are firm activities to develop new business, support the firm or make a splash in the industry. The combined weight of travel plus firm activities can suffocating at times. Trying to eke out a sane family life at Deloitte is not always easy.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow can I complain about an organization that has treated me so well? You've paid my bills, provided excellent health care coverage for may family and given me a great salary. I may not retire at Deloitte (it's a very demanding place to work) but I refuse to badmouth it. I've done my part, and they've done theirs. Long live the big green dot!

Great firm to work for

Specialist Master (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsChallenging assignments and great people to work with

ConsThere is too much travel.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work on travel balance for those that do it 100% of the time. Should be more opportunities to work from the office on client work.

Great culture and opportunities.

Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe company has a good culture and better working hours than other consulting firms. Allows analyst to take part in working with clients.

ConsA desire to exit into another consulting firm would require one to pursue a MBA degree.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great spot to start out of school.

Consultant (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsStrong experience building, good networking, travel perks (for consultants) and a lifetime of contacts to spread your network with upwardly mobile career-minded people.

ConsTough hours, work often comes home with you. Teaches you the tough parts of deadlines in the corporate world.

Great company to enhance your skills!

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFlexibility; Lots of opportunities; Lot of training opportunities

ConsWork-life balance; Hostility in certain areas of the firm is very high

Review of Deloitte Consulting in the Technology Practice in a nutshell

Consultant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAmazing people to work with- both peers and your leads. Very good learning and personal development. Great place to develop leadership skills. This the firm where you can hone and develop yourself at a pace unlike anywhere else. The experience you gain on multiple engagements can not be compared to a regular (9-5) job in the industry. You will develop your communication skills, time management, ability to manage deadlines, relationship building, socializing skills etc. at a very fast pace here. Networking is highly encouraged here. Salary is good. Lastly, not to forget the perks of travel- airline and hotel points and status!

ConsChallenging work-life balance. Travel and additional firm contributions (firm activity) can eat up lot of your time (can quite often touch 60 hrs a week!). Projects tend to have very aggressive timelines.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to develop better ways to improve work-life balance for practitioners and go easy on the project timelines. The heavy workload can lead to burnout.

Enjoying the ride... for what it really is.

Audit Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe ability to grow as a professional and build an extensive network.

ConsFast paced, cut-throat, and highly political environment with underwhelming compensation...but what else did you expect from the BIG 4?

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership should be more informed about the changes in employee aspirations. Rather than question why a person does not have the same goals as you (i.e. making partner), get to know what their end goal is and establish a foundation whereby this person will be a resource to the firm in the future (i.e. prospective client).

Great place for professional growth and build your network.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat opportunities for professional development. Deloitte invests in their practitioners and care about the career path that you take. The coaches and counselors support you for the most part, but it depends on who you're paired with. Most are great counselors who will vouch for your hard work, but if you're ever in a situation where you're stuck with a not-so-great counselor, Deloitte allows you to change your counselor once per year.

Amazing place to build your network, you'll meet people across various service lines, service areas and in different functions, and someone in some way will always be willing to help you should you require any advice in being successful on your project.

ConsThe firm truly believes in work/life balance. This is a great place for professional growth and building a strong network, but be prepared to work. It's a competitive firm, and it shows by the firm's rigorous performance evaluation process at year end. Know that among your peers, there will always be someone better, someone who contributed more hours in proposal development and someone who just went that extra mile. If you're not phased by this, then yes it is possible to have a feasible work/life balance. Otherwise, be prepared to work, to the point where work/life balance comes off as a joke whenever you hear it.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to great work.

Audit Senior

Audit Senior (Current Employee) New York, NY

Proswork life balance if you are staffed on good jobs

Consno work life balance if you are staffed on bad jobs, unrealistic expectations of utilization

Advice to Senior Managementmore competitive salaries

Great place to work

Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat learning experience and excellent brand value

ConsChallenging work life balance, Networking !!!

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!