Deloitte

3.5 6,197 reviews

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

(1,258 ratings)

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance(in 423 reviews)

• Great place to start off your career to learn a lot of skills(in 143 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance(in 1082 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate(in 218 reviews)

6,197 Employee Reviews

Great place to work

Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat learning experience and excellent brand value

ConsChallenging work life balance, Networking !!!

Great place to start out for the ambitious individual!

Tax Intern - GES (Former Employee)

ProsPrestige of top ranked company

Good pay (intern $21/hour plus time and a half for overtime)

Friendly and beautiful atmosphere

Company provides lunch and dinner during the busy season

They are trying to accommodate work life balance for Gen X individuals with "Small Thing, Big
    Difference" where you get to pick out a small thing each week to increase your work like balance (leaving early one day to work out, go out to dinner, etc), but there's still a lot of pressure by older employees to disregard those efforts. Trying, but not quite there yet.

Fairly clear hierarchy for career growth.

After working for Deloitte, you can pretty much be guaranteed a job anywhere else you want to go (smaller, industry, etc).

ConsDepending on your service line, there can be a lot of competition to move up that makes it almost unrealistic because of the amount of hours you have to put in.

They don't pay for your parking garage pass ($165/month)

Work life balance leaves a lot to be desired; Minimum working hours are like 70/week with 65 being client chargeable for first year associates and interns. Only increases as you move up.

Even on off seasons, you can easily put in 50-60 hours a week if you're trying to move up to a management position.

I feel like family isn't that important to Deloitte or life outside of work; Deloitte is your family and comes first.

Awful training program. Basically just told me to figure it out. Absolutely no training for two months and then the training was redundant.

Ultimately turned down an offer to pursue a smaller company with better work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile I truly believe you are taking steps in the right direction in terms of work life balance, there is a strong resistance by baby boomers who have worked hard to get where they are and feel like newer associates are being handed more than they deserve right in the door. They have a resentful attitude and there's a strong pressure from them, most often in management roles, to disregard the "Small Thing, Big Difference" initiative. Although everyone picked something, no one did anything weekly and certainly acted upset when newer associates wanted to leave for their "small thing." It made the environment feel divisive. Like we're not truly "One Deloitte." My advice would be to make the Baby Boomers feel like all their hard work and loyalty wasn't for nothing so they don't feel like newer associates are getting more than they deserve. Try to make it a better transition and keep at it!

Wonderful company to work for!!!

ProsThere are many opportunities to learn new aspects of the business. The people I work with have been tremendouslly helpful and supportive throughout my career.

Conspoor increases and bonuses and the inequality between partner and director has not been resolved yet.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at Deloitte...

Functional Consultant (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsOffers many opportunities to grow within your area.

ConsWork-life balance is very hard to manage.

Nice

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGood Company and nice place to work

ConsTo get a appropriate project soon

Great place to launch career

Audit Senior (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsPeople are great to work with. Highly intelligent people at all levels.

ConsCompensation is on the lower end of competitive. Can definitely leave for lateral positions and make more, although may be sacrificing some in the future. Work life balance is minimal at best. Busy season is becoming more year round, and not just confined to Jan - March for most employees.

Exhausting amout of work

Tax Manager (Former Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsAs one of the "Big 4" Deloitte hires the best graduates and professionals. If you are not sure what you want to do, but are smart enough you can find a home here. There is a limitless supply of challenges. It was fun to take on a new client to figure out what they needed and wanted to receive from the company.

ConsLong hours that need to charged to a client code. It was never fun when management decided that you had meet a minimum billing quota for certain periods of the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook out for and mentor your junior staff. If you want to keep people and have them develop into successful professionals then you need to make the time to train them.

Outstanding Organization that Gives All the Tools for a Successful Life and Career

Director (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsAn organization with very bright people that think about growth and innovation. They invest in their business, technology and the improvement of their people. While it can be a demanding work environment the leadership has made strides to improve balance -- limited/no weekend emails, health/wellness, and informal "get togethers" with staff. I have worked for large technology companies and consulting companies and this is by far the best organization that I have worked for.

ConsGoals can be challenging and (again) work/life can be difficult. The position will likely require travel -- probably not 5 days per week, but in a national practice it will probably happen. It can be a struggle to focus the various goals that you set for your self. It is important that you focus on the goals that align to strategy.

Great place to work

ERS Manager (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsWork life balance, Good salary and benefits

ConsBad in processing Green card for non-US employees, lack of flexibility to move departments

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get better green card policies similar to other big4s.

Manager

Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsExcellent benefits. Diverse workforce. Bright co-workers.

ConsPublic sector consulting is Washington DC focused. Opportunities severely limited if you do not live in northern Virginia.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!