Deloitte
3.5 of 5 6,117 reviews
www.deloitte.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Deloitte Reviews

Pros:
  • "There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance"
    in 403 reviews
  • "Great place to start off your career to learn a lot of skills"
    in 140 reviews
Cons:
  • "As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance"
    in 1008 reviews
  • "Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate"
    in 205 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Best place to start your career

Tax Consultant II (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou get to work with very competent people and will then challenge you to do your best. Everyone in my case are all friendly and are willing to teach you what you do not know. Clients are very diverse and you will be able to experience a lot of issues that would in turn help you in your career in the long run. The people that you meet are all competent and smart, they may not be with the firm after 5 years but knowing them is for sure very helpful for networking. Hours may be tough but everyone goes through it.

ConsWork life balance is very inbalanced.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe diverse when giving projects to lower level staff

Deloitte Review

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGood projects
    People oriented culture

ConsLong hours
    Extensive extra curricular activities
    Technology centric projects and not enough exposure to strategy and blueprinting

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove transparency in the staffing process

Tough but good.

ERS Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsPeople are great to work with. Lots of vacation time. Good benefits. Double-digit percentage raises in good years.

ConsSometimes hours can be long. Compensation could be slightly better. Review of your work is arduous and nitpicky.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs long as the sr. managers and managers show appreciation towards the staff, it's all worthwhile.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Deloitte is an overall good place to work and great place to start a career.

Tax Consultant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsI chose a career at Deloitte because of the recognition and reputation you get from working at a "Big 4" firm . After working there for a little more than a year I can honestly say that I am happy with my choice. If you get your work done, show quality of effort and perform well there is ample opportunity to grow within the firm. The main thing is meeting the expectations that are set for you and exceeding them if you are capable. The benefits packages and the health subsidy offered are also great.

ConsThe only down side is the busy season when the hours become insane. I work in tax so we have 2 busy seasons that each consist of about 6 to 8 weeks.

For the October tax season, the worst ever week was 105 hours. There were 2 weeks like that and the rest of the October busy season, which lasts a total of 2 months, was an average of 75 -80 hours weekly.

The April busy season was not as bad as October, my weekly average was about 70-75 hours, and I didn't have to endure any 100+ hour weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am very pleased with the Senior Management in my group because they all are very caring and smart people who take a genuine interest in the people who work with them and ask them for their guidance.

Overall satisfied, gets too political at times.

Los Angeles, CA

Prosflexible work enviornment, talented workforce and projects

Constoo political, bad behavior by senior management not jus tolerate but rewarded at times.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on employee retenion by not allowing bad behavior by key players to continue as it erodes morale of the group

Collegial but somewhat conservative environment; interesting work for the most part

Consultant - Strategy & Operations (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsFor a first job out of college, few other professions can offer work as interesting and exposure as broad as management consulting. The Deloitte brand name is recognizable and nice to add to the resume (see downsides for the "but"). There are substantial travel perks associated with the job if you take advantage of it. I've had the privilege of working with smart, responsible, engaging, and fun colleagues 90% of the time.

ConsDeloitte brand in Strategy Consulting does not compare to its better-known competition although some services are catching up or already competing at the top level. Chances are, the more junior people at the staff level have little control on the types of engagements they get staffed on. Perhaps consistent with the rest of the corporate world, the culture can be a little conservative and conformative: people while collegial tend to be a little stiff and dull until you get to know them better while working in smaller teams, college hires come from a handful of large schools resulting in a homogenous population

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more opportunities for employees in consulting to broaden their experiences especially to work in other international offices. Continue to build the brand name. Improve compensation and benefits.

Great place!

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsThe atmosphere, the promise of challenging and interesting work, the clear career path and the focus on work life balance.

ConsThe rigors of traveling all the time, working long and sometimes unpredictable hours in different client environments, being on different teams, and knowing that your success depends just as much on the quality of your work as the relationships you have been able to maintain.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management should invest more in teaching those in middle tiers how to be better teachers for those than join the firm at lower levels.

Great People

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
    Cleveland, OH

ProsGreat people...wonderfull resources...you get a global perspective

ConsLong hours and stressfull at times...but worth it

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management is very competent...I sometimes worry about the middle managers at the firm

Good place to start your career

Audit Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsThe people are what make Deloitte a good place to work. Individuals who work at Deloitte are looking to solve the next challenge. The technology provided to employees are top notch and the latest software are provided to the entire firm. Flexible work arrangements and diversity trainings are good. For those who like to travel, a request can be put in to do a secondment. In addition, engagements that travel outside of state are also an option for those who request this opportunity. Vacation days of 4 weeks cannot be beat for Manager on up - esp when compared to industry.

ConsThe hours can be tough. For those who get put on an engagement that travels extensively, the travel makes it a little more tougher - especially for work/life balance. I have had to work through holidays and cancelled vacation plans to make a client deadline. Management appreciates the extra effort and rewards you - but I know that I will never get that time back again. There is also a lack of sales training for Managers. This skillset is best learned through mentoring relationships with partners who are open to taking the time to take Managers on sales meetings. Making time to include the managers will benefit the entire organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open and honest with the group especially during these tough economic times. Rumors are rampent and requires Senior Management to communicate more as to what is going on with the Firm as a whole.

Audit.Tax.Consulting. Financial Advisory. - None of the the Big 4 has this caliber.

Audit Associate (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsReputation of the firm and the culture is very dynamic.

ConsThe hours of course (which is typical in Wall Street), and fake (not all of course) upper management if you run into some.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo not be fake and be genuine - as for my first client, there was Senior Manager who came to the client site to run thing around and it was obvious that he was a seller to suck up his clients and I did not enjoy the way he talks, it was very fake and too much acting to try to sell the business of Deloitte (of course not all are like this).

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte Videos

Deloitte – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria. All 292 reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees.