Deloitte

Deloitte Reviews in Denver, CO

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance(in 423 reviews)

• Great place to start off your career to learn a lot of skills(in 143 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance(in 1082 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate(in 218 reviews)

27 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Ubermind was great. Deloitte does not get digital.

Designer (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGreat people, smart, creative, talented. Great work environment, flexible hours, 25 days of PTO, high salaries, great benefits, excellent work/life balance.

ConsPoorly run projects, too much consultant integration, clients are now B2B and enterprise level. Get ready to work on Oracle | SAP, SharePoint, and Power Points.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate the role of project manager. Stop letting tech consultants from around the globe sell work to terrible clients who do not care about design. Let the talented people you hire do the job you hired them to do. Stop integrating Deloitte consulting into Deloitte Digital. We hire people telling me we focus on mobile and web. For the last 6 months this is not true. I have spent countless hours creating Power Point decks for tech consultants that have nothing to do with my role as a designer. Constant departure of talented people is just sad.

Dishonest Employer

Technology Consultant (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsDecent pay, some nice travel perks (can save a lot of money being on the road weekly), great resume builder, good networking

ConsDishonest employer, difficult to move around in the company, lack of work, a lot of rude co workers with some serious attitude, grueling travel schedule for no reason, Senior management is only evaluated on sales and not how well a project is run

Advice to Senior ManagementActually take a look at employees skills and interests, you will provide a better professional service to clients and have happier employees with less turnover

Great Company with excellent growth opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsHighly motivated and intelligent work force. Excellent growth opportunities are available within specific functions and with other functions. Global knowledge base.

ConsWork Life balance is not quite in balance. Expect to work much more than in other jobs but the experience gained correlates with the increased work load.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good benefits but No Work Life balance

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood benefits and relatively better salary.

ConsLong working hours is a culture and hence no work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease try to promote more project work rather than never ending firm activities.

I will continue here for a long time

Audit Senior Associate (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood opportunities, compensation and benefits.

ConsSometimes the work load can be excessive

Deloitte is good place to work but don't expect much help with work/life balance.

Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsDeloitte has flexible working arrangements and excellent compensation. To move up in the firm, you'll have to pour your heart and soul into your career. Top performers are compensated well.

ConsAt Deloitte, average performers are moved to the side and then out of the firm. You have to manage your own career. You wont get any unsolicited career help.

Advice to Senior ManagementJoe Echevarria has been virtually invisible since taking over for Barry Salzberg. Just recently, Joe started hosting town hall meetings. I'm not sure what direction Joe is going.

Fine

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsGood pay, good benefits, great work life balance, per diem is awesome if you can get it but difficult to get

Consmid level management is extremely incompetent and as a junior employee they are completely in control of your advancement; if they dont want you to move up because it threatens their spot you are stuck

Fantastic resume builder, but comes at a high price

ERS Consultant (Former Employee) Denver, CO

Pros-Health, dental, vision benefits were good
    -There is a big focus on continuing education, job skills training, and learning that was really cool
    -Two words: Brand Name. Having this on your resume gets you in "the club" once you leave Deloitte. I was shocked at the weight that having that on my resume carried. It's totally overrated in my opinion, but man will this open doors for you.

ConsI hated almost every minute of this job once I started full time (I started out as an intern, and let me tell you, their internships are NOT representative of how you will ultimately be treated when you are full time).

-Travelled all the time
    -Never worked less than 60 hours per week, usually more like 80-90
    -Treated like absolute dirt - there is absolutely no respect given to staff. Seniors (who are at most 2 years ahead of you) think it's their role to make you feel as insignificant as possible.
    -Tedious, rote, remedial work is all you get to do for your first couple of years. It's such a waste! Big 4 hire the best, brightest, most ambitious young people out there and then they waste their talents, treat their people like garbage, and burn employees out in one year flat usually. I had a Master's degree and was a CPA when I started there and was doing the most basic data entry, errand boy-type work you could ever imagine (can you say "bagel duty"?).
    -It's not okay to think outside of the box
    -You are just a cog in the wheel- you have no idea what your work means to the overall picture of one audit, much less the firm as a whole
    -Woefully underpaid given the circumstances
    -Everyone promoted and paid on a set schedule, regardless of your performance compared to your peers
    -Cliques, good ol' boys club, brown-nosing, politics

People who stick around are sycophants and puppets. Life is much better on the "outside", or "in industry" as they say.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit working people to the bone and being satisfied with 30-40% annual attrition rates just because you will have a new group of suckers each fall. People deserve to be treated with dignity, respect, and basic compassion. Also, you hire amazing talent and then chase them away!

Great place to START your career, if you want to advance quickly

Tax Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

Pros-Great benefits (5 weeks vacation, Health, Dental, etc)
    -Great resume builder
    -Advantages of having a large multi-national company and its resources
    -Paid CPE and CPA certification

Cons- Very low pay compared to industry and other big 4
    - It is very difficult to have any life balance
    - Working with India; the Indian workers are "integrated" into the team and time and learning differences make it difficult to be efficient.
    - It didn't feel like anyone was actually leading this office in any one identifiable direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay competetive wages, re-think your India strategy, and REALLY make good on the promise of flexibility and balance. You have all of these awards, but I have yet to meet an employee who agrees with the ACTUAL treatment of the employees.

Good place to learn, horrible work-life balance

AERS Auditor (Former Employee) Denver, CO

Pros- Great opportunities for promotion.
    - Company takes care of all your CPE on a yearly basis.
    - Bonus for passing the CPA exam.
    - Ability to work in different industries.

Cons- Horrible work life balance: go from busy season (11 hour minimum work days) right into Q1 without a break.
    - Partners and managers always expect you to be ready and at your best, even when you're overworked.
    - Staff are at the mercy of the Senior, who usually "use and abuse" them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to treat employees better, especially since they are so overworked. Try to at least show some compassion towards employees, as we are all people and not just capital.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!