Deloitte

6,400 Reviews

Deloitte Global CEO Barry Salzberg
Barry Salzberg
1,326 Ratings

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 425 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 146 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1093 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 221 reviews)

More Highlights

130 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great firm needs more focus on the people

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The firm's overall total rewards package is outstanding. The people are great and you can learn a lot and grow. The firm invests in their top talent and provides wonderful training opportunities. Deloitte University is an amazing experience!

Cons

The culture of the firm seems to be shifting to focus more on the bottom line vs the people. Deloitte is a people business and in order to attract and retain their best talent they need to focus more on their people. The firm right now feels huge and it's hard to identify with the culture.

Focus on people and culture. Give the local offices more control to make the firm feel smaller.

Overall good place to work

Current Employee - Associate V  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate V in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Very amazing pool of talent with room to grow via hard work.

Cons

There is no work-life balance.

Open up to promoting from within

A successful company that is driven to provide value

Current Employee - Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Deloitte pays well. Were I to take a job locally, I'd likely receive about 30-40% less. Deloitte's health package is first class and they give you more opportunities to train than you can absorb. Deloitte is huge, but if you navigate around it you'll find truly bright and visionary people. In my four years at Deloitte, I've met a great number of people that I truly respect--people whose input I truly value.

Cons

I came into Deloitte with eyes open. I knew what consulting travel was like. At Deloitte, they call the schedule a 5-4-3. That means that you're working (minimum) five days a week, four days on the road and three nights in a hotel. Basically, you get up at 5 a.m. on Mondays and get home Thursday around 8p. Friday's (most of the time) you're in your local office. And beyond the client work, there are firm activities to develop new business, support the firm or make a splash in the industry. The combined weight of travel plus firm activities can suffocating at times. Trying to eke out a sane family life at Deloitte is not always easy.

How can I complain about an organization that has treated me so well? You've paid my bills, provided excellent health care coverage for may family and given me a great salary. I may not retire at Deloitte (it's a very demanding place to work) but I refuse to badmouth it. I've done my part, and they've done theirs. Long live the big green dot!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The longest journey

Current Employee - Senior Project Controller  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Controller in Atlanta, GA

Pros

flexibility when you're having major life challenges, 5 weeks vacation for entry level through seniors on day one, immediate benefits

Cons

Minimum of 45 client billable hours each week for the consulting firm, long exhausting hours, too much weekend work required, frequent internal initiatives required, training is lead by practitioners as a requirement, too much work and not enough resources

Hire more resources. Everyone is overwhelmed and dropping like flies.

No professional or personal growth.

Current Employee - Business Data Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Data Analyst in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Good work culture with work-life balance..
    Work from home for one day
    Lot of company sponsored happy hours and outings.

Cons

Very hard to get promoted.
    Try to keep you as the current level to reduce client and company cost per hour.

Try to award good performance & encourage people on good work.

Great professional opportunities. Renewed focus on work/life balance, but still hard to achieve.

Current Employee - Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations in Atlanta, GA

Pros

If you love to travel, you get all the perks: points, miles, and free meals while you're traveling. Deloitte is also excellent for recent college grads looking to get an accelerated experience in the professional world. I would recommend anyone who is willing to focus primarily on their career for their first few years out of college to consider working here.

Cons

Despite the renewed firm focus on work/life balance, I still find myself working 60-70 hours a week, which is viewed as needed in order to get better-than-average year-end reviews. Culture is different for each office, so it can be collegiate or competitive--you should ask people that work in the office where you're looking to work.

The firm should put dollars towards increasing hiring for support roles. By bringing in individuals to manage the internal firm tasks that are currently left for client-facing staff (e.g. updating internal sites, providing detailed non-public research, etc.), we commit to the renewed focus on better work/life balance

Blurry Vision for Controllers

Former Employee - Senior Consultant, Project Controller  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant, Project Controller in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Excellent opportunity for learning new skills delivered with quality.

Cons

Difficult to move around in the company if you want to try new things outside your starting function.

For controller group - market and support controllers as part of the project team rather than keeping them mostly in back office roles. Integration and support for projects will happen best with controllers attending meetings with project leadership - becoming a trusted member of the team.

Great work experience but long hours, no work-life balance, and low pay for the sacrifice.

Current Employee - Audit Assistant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Audit Assistant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Work with a young, smart group of people, can start getting management experience very early in career (2nd year overlooking 1st years, etc). Good stepping stone job. I receive opportunity offers on linkedin on a weekly basis and you hear of people leaving the firm and getting great jobs out of the auditing profession.

Cons

Long hours, culture is very rigid, busy season sucks (although time does fly since you're very busy), hit a couple 80-90 hour weeks. Once you're on a certain client, even early on in your career there, it can be really hard to get switched to another client which is annoying for many people, as the chances of you landing the team you are compatible with is somewhat rare.

Work-life balance needs to improve. Also, associates should have a better opportunity to see other clients/teams, it would reduce some turnover in my opinion as many people quit just because they don't like their team and not because of hours, etc.

I have been able to grow developmentally thanks to a varied set of business opportunities across many sectors.

Current Employee - Business Analyst I  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst I in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The ability to take Personal Time Off on my own schedule is very nice. Office culture is great as well, with most co-workers almost feeling like friends. The pay is competitive.

Cons

The firm often spends too much time emphasizing internal initiatives over client work. Many competitors provide bonuses to even their most junior employees: not at Deloitte.

Spend less time on internal firm initiatives, give holiday bonuses, and be more transparent in the staffing process.

Great stepping stone, but leave fast

Former Employee - Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Large network of people. Deloitte has it's fingers in everything, and building a nationwide network is easy. Career progression is good if you are willing to sell your soul to the company. Put in a few years and then leave.

Cons

Politics is EVERYWHERE. Your network defines your career progression, and not your actual work. Most of the work is boring and tedious. Deloitte does not care much about your worklife balance. Leadership can say one thing at the all-hands, but come crunch time, your project manager doesn't care. People are overworked, and there is little show of appreciation.

Benefits are terrible. Deloitte gives a 25% match up to 6% of base. This is one of the worst matches I've ever seen.

At the end of the day, Deloitte is run by partners that only care about selling more work. They don't care about the regular staff employees (i.e. sr consultants and below), and consider them pretty expendable.

You lack innovation, you lack vision, and you give very little respect to employees worklife balance. Take more risks in the market, and value your employees more.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!