Deloitte

6,799 Reviews

Deloitte Global CEO Barry Salzberg
Barry Salzberg
1,530 Ratings

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 460 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 165 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1227 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 251 reviews)

More Highlights

136 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Work Life Balance for mothers

Current Employee - Associate V in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Deloitte has been very inclusive to my needs as a new mother.

Cons

Compensation for Associates is less than consulting counterparts. There is no pay adjustment after completing MBA programs or certifications.

Adjust pay based on fair market value.

Challenging, rewarding work but poor work/life balance

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will never be bored in Deloitte. Work is always intellectually challenging and learning opportunities abound. For those that are committed, there is a clear career path and regular checkpoints to evaluate how you are tracking. Huge financial upside for those that achieve partner status.

Cons

Deloitte offers few options for creating a good work/life balance. Bonus structure is gray and not committed in writing. It is possible to exceed all goals yet not receive 100% of bonus.

So much attention is placed on setting goals and measuring performance against them. This is cumbersome, but productive. Rewards should be just as clearly defined to match. It is totally unacceptable to exceed all goals and not receive 100% of variable.

Audit - Good place to begin career

Former Employee - Audit Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Audit Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Good training
    - Large variety of exposure VERY early in your career (company types, industries, business models)
    - Brand name will get you calls later on

Cons

- Work is not that interesting to many people
    - Tight budgets, increased workloads due to regulation
    - Too much of a "Get it done" attitude from project managers who do not provide resources when things get challenging
    - Minimal rewards/comp for top performers (especially early in career), ruins motivation to be the best when one cannot see a relationship between effort and rewards

Audit is a tough business. Demand better fees from clients and be willing to walk away. Quality can suffer along with talent development.

All about the partners payout

Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work life and community work

Cons

Salary not aligned with role

Nothing will change - partnership

Great internship experience

Former Employee - Tax Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Tax Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Deloitte as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Networked with many partners and managers. Was exposed to different lines of work.

Cons

No diversity of work given during off-season, summertime.

Great career growth opportunities.

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1. Collaborative team environment
    2. Well planned career growth

Cons

Work-Life balance can be tricky because of busy travel schedules

More avenues required to work cross service lines and industry

Great entry level public accounting job

Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Public accounting as an entry level job, was a crash course in accounting that made me much more technically proficient than my counterparts post-Big 4; Deloitte, lived up to that promise of providing learning career & industry learning through assignments and firm resources. Reputation wise, Deloitte seemed to be more technical and performance focused than the other Big 4's (which could be a pro or a con).

Cons

The hours; which they don't lie to you about up-front. I unfortunately ended up getting a string of unlucky breaks and my main client ended up going through a series re-statements which resulted in an almost a year-long busy season. Although this is not the norm, traditional Big 4 busy seasons do seem to have creeped in duration

Monitor the fatigue of your teams. Although there are deadlines, a rested employee is a more productive employee.

Overall good place to work

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very amazing pool of talent with room to grow via hard work.

Cons

There is no work-life balance.

Open up to promoting from within

Great firm needs more focus on the people

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The firm's overall total rewards package is outstanding. The people are great and you can learn a lot and grow. The firm invests in their top talent and provides wonderful training opportunities. Deloitte University is an amazing experience!

Cons

The culture of the firm seems to be shifting to focus more on the bottom line vs the people. Deloitte is a people business and in order to attract and retain their best talent they need to focus more on their people. The firm right now feels huge and it's hard to identify with the culture.

Focus on people and culture. Give the local offices more control to make the firm feel smaller.

A successful company that is driven to provide value

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Deloitte pays well. Were I to take a job locally, I'd likely receive about 30-40% less. Deloitte's health package is first class and they give you more opportunities to train than you can absorb. Deloitte is huge, but if you navigate around it you'll find truly bright and visionary people. In my four years at Deloitte, I've met a great number of people that I truly respect--people whose input I truly value.

Cons

I came into Deloitte with eyes open. I knew what consulting travel was like. At Deloitte, they call the schedule a 5-4-3. That means that you're working (minimum) five days a week, four days on the road and three nights in a hotel. Basically, you get up at 5 a.m. on Mondays and get home Thursday around 8p. Friday's (most of the time) you're in your local office. And beyond the client work, there are firm activities to develop new business, support the firm or make a splash in the industry. The combined weight of travel plus firm activities can suffocating at times. Trying to eke out a sane family life at Deloitte is not always easy.

How can I complain about an organization that has treated me so well? You've paid my bills, provided excellent health care coverage for may family and given me a great salary. I may not retire at Deloitte (it's a very demanding place to work) but I refuse to badmouth it. I've done my part, and they've done theirs. Long live the big green dot!