Deloitte

Deloitte Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance(in 423 reviews)

• Great place to start off your career to learn a lot of skills(in 143 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance(in 1082 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate(in 218 reviews)

78 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work

Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat learning experience and excellent brand value

ConsChallenging work life balance, Networking !!!

Nice place to work and learn

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsNice environment, people and there are a lot of different opportunities

ConsYou can be engaged in other kind of projects that are not of your interest in the case that there are lack of projects in your expertise area

overworked, underpaid

Audit Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPTO policy, flexible work environment, project management experience

Conslong hours, low compensation, employees with different work ethics results in unbalanced workload without compensation

Advice to Senior ManagementShow your best employees that they are valued

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Diversity of experience

Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAbility to get a lot of experience quickly.

Consbase salary is low and you end up putting lots of work hours which can get tiring.

Good overall experience, but it was not without it's obstacles

Specialist Master (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI found the consulting world great and the access to education and activities outstanding. The overall challenge was great

ConsThe major issue is that there was a lot of red tape around you as your career growth. Also, I think the way you start the project search needs to be completely reworked.

Advice to Senior ManagementA revamp of the model of how things get done from an individual perspective needs to be addressed as well as looking at the group.

Great people make all the difference

ERS Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsYou work hard/long hours but you work in a great team that supports you. Deloitte provides lots of training opportunities and other ways to progress your career.

ConsIt is a consultancy so by nature you travel every week, Monday to Thursday. This can get tiring and your work/life balance can suffer.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a solution for the 'road warrior' problem, e.g. let people rotate in working from home for one week at a time.

Really great company but I have issues...

IT Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWonderful Benefits
    Great People
    Latest Technology
    Flexible
    Great work/life balance

ConsI'm in a support role and I'm pretty sure they've worked hard to keep our salaries low over the years. The 1% raises aren't cutting it anymore.
    No upward mobility in my role.
    Lack of opportunity to branch off into other areas of technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere really needs to be more opportunities to grow into roles with better pay, higher title, and more responsibility. The rating system is also unfair and antiquated. A rating system that's not based on performance is senseless. To set goals your employees aren't given an opportunity to reach is also unfair and senseless.

A good learning experience

Intern (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood people, fast learning evnironment

ConsPay is pretty weak, long hours

Long Hours

Tax Consultant I (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGaining a lot of experience. Coworkers at my level are very fun to be around and are normal people I hang out with outside of work.

ConsDirect management expects way too much out of staff. I am consistently assigned work above my pay grade and expected to work 60-80 hour weeks. During year-end close I worked 17 days straight and put in over 180 hours. No overtime compensation at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop beating your staff to death with work and maybe they would stay at your company for more than 3 years (when the pension fully vests). There is a reason you have retention problems - its because staff don't like their salaries to be abused.

Lots of potential to work on exciting projects and meaningful engagements

ProsVariety of work, Smart colleagues, Travel, Flexability

ConsToo much travel
    Large matrix structure
    Tough to network to get to where YOU want to be

Advice to Senior ManagementMetrics can be misleading

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!