Deloitte

Deloitte Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 425 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 146 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1093 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 221 reviews)

More Highlights
78 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great people make all the difference

ERS Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsYou work hard/long hours but you work in a great team that supports you. Deloitte provides lots of training opportunities and other ways to progress your career.

ConsIt is a consultancy so by nature you travel every week, Monday to Thursday. This can get tiring and your work/life balance can suffer.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out a solution for the 'road warrior' problem, e.g. let people rotate in working from home for one week at a time.

Manager

Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat training ground for post college and MBA professionals
    Wide variety of project experiences and client interaction
    Excellent career opportunities frequently arise, internally and externally

ConsWork/Life balance hard to maintain - though the company will make special arrangements when needed based on situations in your life - these come with no repercussions either
    Limited control on the types of clients you work with (initially) - eventually you can steer things in the directions you want, but have to earn that privilege

A great experience to learn and grow personally and professionally.

Business Technology Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI was given hands on experience and able to make an impact on my project from day one. They value their people like no company I have ever interacted with.

ConsThe travel in consulting is a pro to some and con to others. It can get tiring after awhile.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncredible job investing in your people. Keep it up.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Definitely see a future here

ProsGreat people
    Challenging Work
    Set Career Path

ConsTravel
    Inflexible work-life balance opportunities
    Performance Review process is not always fair.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove local staffing and balancing work-life

Great place to launch career

Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat analyst program for undergrads, good way to acquire skills usable in several functions and industries. Compensation and benefits are very solid. Structured training program in place throughout the year to develop consulting and industry-specific skills.

ConsPeople may not like the fact that you can't always choose your project, which means you may travel (even if you don't want to) or you may be local (even if you don't want to).

Great Place to work

Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Pros-Good compensation, lots of training material available and flexible working environment

Cons-Being such a huge firm, management could give little more personal attention to their consultants. I worked their for 5 years and always had an above average performance review, but the offer they made when i was leaving was not even worth considering,

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement could give little more personal attention to their consultants, especially considering we are the people generating revenue for them.

Great Company

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prostraining, work life balance, talent of coworkers

ConsStill very audit or tax orientated

Deloitte has incredible benefits and is extremely flexible.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSome of the brightest folks I have every worked with. Good pay, good leaders, good benefits, good work life balance, and climbing the charts for almost every ranking in the country. Number 1 or 2 in every area we choose to play.

ConsMost of the folks here have a pretty solid personality that fits the culture but there are some complete goofballs that slip through the cracks. The arrogance is oozing from some folks. This typically comes from the 'top tier mba' hires that come in as senior consultants.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing a good job. Money is more fun than events.

The best company I'll ever work for.

Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCareer development: ample training, many projects
    Allowed me to get into a new line of work upon asking
    Time and attention and great career advice from Partners
    Partners and Sr. Managers care about their people and want to develop them
    HIre older, more experienced people which clients appreciate.
    Teams work well together.

ConsConstant travel
    If you're not a partner in 10 years, you're out. This is much longer than the others...

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. You're doing it quite well.

There have been no surprises and the experience has exceeding my expectations.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe Deloitte culture is fun and the people are great to work with. We work on significant client issues so the work we do has great impact.

ConsThere is a lot of travel, as there is with any major consulting firm. There is a great deal of significance placed on internal firm activities in addition to the demands of client work.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the bureaucracy as much as possible. Train managers to focus on efficiency as teams spend too much time in redundant efforts for little added value.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!