Deloitte

Deloitte Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 425 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 146 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1093 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 221 reviews)

More Highlights
78 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A great experience to learn and grow personally and professionally.

Business Technology Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI was given hands on experience and able to make an impact on my project from day one. They value their people like no company I have ever interacted with.

ConsThe travel in consulting is a pro to some and con to others. It can get tiring after awhile.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncredible job investing in your people. Keep it up.

Great experience!

Audit Senior Assistant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat place to work, with amazing benefits. Have an opportunity to work with intelligent people and work on Fortune 500 companies.

ConsThere are no cons related to Deloitte. It's a great place to work, with amazing benefits.

average

Tax Consultant I (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgreat boss, very flexible schedule, able to take time off whenever needed, learning constantly, pro and con is the amount of responsibility you're given immediately

Conspay is not comparable for the work, during busy season we work 60+ hours a week, expected to do things without always being shown how to do it

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible experience

Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgood benefits, chance to meet and work with many smart people

ConsAwful compensation, awful hours. The so called "life work balance" is non existent. Deloitte has one and one goal only: make money. Politics and favoritisms reign, and many PPDs are just useless. Very old style of doing business - from associate to senior managers, you are reminded every day on how replaceable you are and how deloitte is doing you a favor to give you a job. All this while you're on the road for 50-60 hrs per week.

Advice to Senior ManagementAvoid to hire PPDs that don't have consulting experience. Value and appreciate your employees instead of seeing them as a cost.

Its ok. Company works you to death. The expectations are realistic however managers are not people oriented at all.

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood exposure to potential employers. I feel that auditors are pigeonholed however the contacts are great, and I can't wait to exploit exit opportunities

ConsLong hours and terrible managers. The firm is moving in the right direction. I just feel like long term auditing is a tough gig

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more supportive of senior managers

Good Company

Audit Senior (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe company has the following things going for it:
    Prestigious
    Great People
    Good Benefits
    Excellent Learning Opportunities
    Defined Career Paths

ConsThe main cons for this company are as follows:
    Long Hours
    Lacks Flexibility
    Pay is not as great as in industry work

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work on making the job more flexible as working remotely and adding flexibility to scheduling should be easy in the information age. There is also room for increasing pay especially for top performers as there doesn't appear to be much differentiation between average employees and above average employees.

Excellent Place for growth

Portal Developer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsHighly intelligent, dedicated, and passionate employees who are all focused on living up to the expectations of the clients and the company goals.

Mostly virtual working environment which provides a greater amount of flexibility

ConsInconsistency in standardizing and creating processes; accountability is not in place for those who do not follow the best practices of the organization

Advice to Senior ManagementSet more realistic and attainable company goals

Great experience

Tax Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCareer growth, nice and talented peer coworkers.

ConsPressure in tax busy season

Advice to Senior ManagementYou already do your best. I understand about pressure in tax busy season due to our growing business.

Fair Pay but Forget Work-Life Balance

FAS Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat learning opportunities, intelligent people

ConsHighly reactive management; They talk the talk but don't walk the walk regarding work-life balance.

Great place to work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIn addition to core skills, it emphasizes on networking skills with in organisation. Which eventually leads to exploring opportunities of your interest.

ConsUnrealistic to achieve , expectations at times .

Advice to Senior ManagementPerformance framework needs thorough review. Otherwise it is very unrealistic to achieve.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!