Deloitte

Deloitte Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 425 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 146 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1093 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 221 reviews)

More Highlights
78 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Definitely see a future here

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat people
    Challenging Work
    Set Career Path

ConsTravel
    Inflexible work-life balance opportunities
    Performance Review process is not always fair.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove local staffing and balancing work-life

Standard Big 4 environment

Advisory Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsDeloitte is a decent career boot camp to start. There are great benefits, training and other support available for all employees. Some partners really care and invest in their team.

ConsIt can be quite difficult to succeed if you do not have an effective champion in the partner ranks. Additionally, the partners are completely invested in internal politics and revenue grabs to the detriment of client service.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversity is not just color or gender, but bringing multiple points of view to the table. Additionally, ethics should not be a 'tick in the box' training to respond to the failures of partners, but should start with the top.

Great place to launch career

Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat analyst program for undergrads, good way to acquire skills usable in several functions and industries. Compensation and benefits are very solid. Structured training program in place throughout the year to develop consulting and industry-specific skills.

ConsPeople may not like the fact that you can't always choose your project, which means you may travel (even if you don't want to) or you may be local (even if you don't want to).

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people. Lots of work

Audit Intern (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat co workers
    Good pay
    Vacation time

ConsWork you to the bone!
    During busy season i worked 89-110 hours per week!

OK

Senior Tax Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThis office was OK in terms of advancement/opportunities.

ConsCompensation was poor to abysmal.

Great Place to work

Consultant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Pros-Good compensation, lots of training material available and flexible working environment

Cons-Being such a huge firm, management could give little more personal attention to their consultants. I worked their for 5 years and always had an above average performance review, but the offer they made when i was leaving was not even worth considering,

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement could give little more personal attention to their consultants, especially considering we are the people generating revenue for them.

Summer BA

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexibility in job; was given some brief trainings before getting sent to real client sites.
    Thorough enjoyed the summer experience, but will not be returning for full-time as the pay is too low.

ConsPay is too low for a consulting firm that I feel like it is not competitive; additionally, I think there needs to be a more structured mentor-mentee relationship. Honestly speaking, Deloitte is just too big for any lil guy to advance....

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the useless people, and pay the consultants more. Do some internal audits and you will find out how much is being wasted.......

Awesome!

Senior Tax Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat company culture with many social gatherings. Great trainings and they invest in their employee's development. Great benefits with amazing flexibility for work-life balance. You can't be the 5 weeks of paid time off.

ConsThe busy seasons with mandatory overtime hours with 60+ minimum on some weeks are difficult enough and when they require minimum chargeable hours during off-peak season, you can't help but get frustrated. Everyone feels like they're severely underpaid until you make partner.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people more and you wouldn't see such low morale and high turnover.

Best place to start your career

Advisory Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat place for young individuals to begin their careers and learn many industries and gain experience doing multiple tasks and jobs. The company has invested heavily in training and developing its professionals. It built a University for leadership development specifically to focus on developing its professionals.

ConsNot for those that are not driven and don't want to be ambitious. If you want to just get by and work 9-5 job then this isn't the place for you.

Great Company

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prostraining, work life balance, talent of coworkers

ConsStill very audit or tax orientated

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!