Deloitte

6,945 Reviews

Deloitte Global CEO Barry Salzberg
Barry Salzberg
1,584 Ratings

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 471 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 167 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1260 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 254 reviews)

More Highlights

89 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

training, work life balance, talent of coworkers

Cons

Still very audit or tax orientated

Great name for your resume, but no real future here.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are amazing, and the people are great to work with. Most everyone is intelligent and competent and genuinely interested in doing the best job possible. Lots of perks, and plenty of work. I can honestly say I've never had a boring day here.

Cons

Despite what they tell you, there's no real mobility out of an admin role here. I get stonewalled when I ask about it, even specific opportunities I've been given, and my manager certainly isn't interested in helping me move to a different line of work. I've also had difficulties with my manager and HR rep not being interested in assisting me at all in getting a higher degree. Unfortunately it seems like they want me to stay exactly where I am forever, making this a difficult place to make a long term career out of.

Don't pin your employees down. Encourage them to take up new opportunities and grow into different roles as they emerge naturally. And don't micromanage!

Great Place to Launch Career

Former Employee - Tax Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Tax Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of really smart people to work with and learn from. Opportunity to work with diverse client base. Good training ground and looked upon very favorably by those in industry.

Cons

You will work a lot of hours. Those you work for in the local offices are generally very good, however those in Regional or National roles are often out of touch. Promises will be made by those in Regional or National roles, but they are not kept as those people really are not trustworthy and get moved in and out of their roles. Regional & National people will ask for the same information in lots of lists that ultimately consume a lot of your time, but the information is not used productively.

Deloitte has incredible benefits and is extremely flexible.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the brightest folks I have every worked with. Good pay, good leaders, good benefits, good work life balance, and climbing the charts for almost every ranking in the country. Number 1 or 2 in every area we choose to play.

Cons

Most of the folks here have a pretty solid personality that fits the culture but there are some complete goofballs that slip through the cracks. The arrogance is oozing from some folks. This typically comes from the 'top tier mba' hires that come in as senior consultants.

You're doing a good job. Money is more fun than events.

Good Quality work as compared to other Consulting counterparts

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Work Quality is good
    people are more ethical

Cons

Have to have very good PR to get actual recoginition

A deliberate time & life consumer

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some talented individuals, a great place to learn soft skills and how to communicate with clients and maintain relationships. This where this company really shines. They strive to make sure their clients are happy and will do anything to maintain their client relationships. The pay is very good and is how they attract so much of their talent.

Cons

This company does what it does through sheer willpower and force instead of doing things the smart way. This is simply because thats the way things have been done, and will continue to be done. Because this firm is private and partner-run, there is very little room for new ideas and things don't seem to evolve in this company.

Staffing is a real PITA. Unless you have a well established network within the company expect to stay on the bench for 4+ weeks waiting for some project in dire need of bodies to staff you. Then expect long hours of tediousness and cleaning up a mismanaged project.

After being at Deloitte for 2 years, I haven't met a single person that is happy with their work/life balance or has any semblance of a personal life. Everyone here is one-dimensional and knows nothing other than Deloitte. The company will ask you to work 80-100 hours a week, and then expects you to commit to firm activities (expect 200+ hrs a year for a half decent rating). I use to work at accenture, and people there had their own interests and hobbies. Here nobody does. The people that are managers and above will do anything to get their ratings and hit their goals, and are willing to over promise to clients to make that happen.

Do yourself a favor and don't make the mistake of getting hired at Deloitte, unless money is your only objective. It will take away your personal life and your professional skills (since you'll never be able to use them) and leave you a career consultant.

For your technology folks, have them do more technology work. It will make them better consultants and will make your projects go smoother. Not everything can be managed with the only 2 levers you know (hours and people). If you have people that know the technologies, things will go better. Let your consultant do what they do best - help the clients and have dedicated teams for PRD's. You are overworking your staff which causes them all to be demoralized.

There's a way out of this, you just need to tai eaction

The best company I'll ever work for.

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Career development: ample training, many projects
    Allowed me to get into a new line of work upon asking
    Time and attention and great career advice from Partners
    Partners and Sr. Managers care about their people and want to develop them
    HIre older, more experienced people which clients appreciate.
    Teams work well together.

Cons

Constant travel
    If you're not a partner in 10 years, you're out. This is much longer than the others...

Keep doing what you're doing. You're doing it quite well.

Good place to work

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to learn and diversify yourself and great opportunities. One will really learn consulting skills out here.

Cons

Politics as as usual like any other company.

There have been no surprises and the experience has exceeding my expectations.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

The Deloitte culture is fun and the people are great to work with. We work on significant client issues so the work we do has great impact.

Cons

There is a lot of travel, as there is with any major consulting firm. There is a great deal of significance placed on internal firm activities in addition to the demands of client work.

Reduce the bureaucracy as much as possible. Train managers to focus on efficiency as teams spend too much time in redundant efforts for little added value.

Deloitte provided me with a wonderful internship experience.

Current Employee - Audit Intern in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Audit Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

The company is very committed to its employees. Interns are treated just like full-time staff and given plenty of opportunities.

Cons

Deloitte is a big company and as an intern you are competing against 20-plus other qualified candidates for a full time position.