Deloitte

Deloitte Reviews in Mumbai India

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 425 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 146 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1093 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 221 reviews)

More Highlights
112 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Deloitte USI a very nice place to work. In India There is Deloitte USI and Deloitte India. This is for Deloitte USI

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGood work environment, Nice Salary, Good exposure

ConsWork Life balance is not there.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing much

Work Place Review

Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGreat working culture, US culture, good leadership, a flat organization and great place to do unlimited networking and opportunities for learning.

ConsNeed to develop the US culture in your personality, if you don't have that then you may struggles very much and since it is a very big organization there are chances of getting lost in the background.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo have more touch base with the analysts.

Great place to work where you can attain great career heights.

Consultant (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

Pros1. Amazing place for personal career growth. Lot of opportunities for career growth.
    2. Great people, friendly and talented.
    3. WFH and flexible timings. Although sometimes there is a con.
    4. Leadership is very approachable and friendly.

Cons1. Sometimes, work life balance becomes really tough.
    2. Some people really need to learn to work like consultants but this is a problem with every Indian consulting or IT services firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease dont just hire people for making numbers. Instead train the existing workforce to work smartly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quite satisfactory !

Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

Prosculture and work keeps you alive !

Conspressure can build up sometimes, but where it doesn't?

Great company to work with.

Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsWork life balance,culture, training, company values,leadership

Consperks, slow growth in some functions

Awesome growth opportunities

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsLots of learning opportunities across technologies

Consnone - very satisfied with the firm

Good company to work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

Proslearn multi dimension, multi team

Consabroad opportunities - need to work on this

Great place to start your career

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGreat exposure to different projects and clients. Build a great core skill-set that can be transferable to any business situation. Good leadership.

ConsNetworking plays a very big role in grabbing promotions rather than actual work. If you know the right people you will receive onsite and more pay raise

Advice to Senior ManagementNuture talent

Not good if you like working hard

Consultant (Current Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsWell at least in India they pay better than most of the other companies

ConsThis is the only firm that I know of (I have only worked in one so far) where your actual client work is not given any importance whatsoever. Mediocrity is encouraged and applauded at every step of the way. This is not the firm to join if you want to work hard.

The policies for review are heavily biased towards PRD (Firm activities, proposals etc). Someone with a 120% utilization and 40 hours of PRD will be rated below someone who has 80% utilization and 100 hours of PRD. This fact is amazing in itself because the revenue is generated from doing actual Client work and not from PRD. Another disadvantage of this policy is that mediocre workers who are not good at doing client work but good at making PowerPoint presentations get a better rating than someone who works hard.

Apart from the ratings system, the year end hikes that you get are a joke. A good rating does not mean that you will get a good hike, there is no transparency in the system. As an example someone who gets a 1 rating may get a lower hike than someone with a 2 rating simply because the HR is highly incompetent. The case above is based on a real life incident where 2 guys started working at the same time after joining from the same college in the same service line, yet the guy with the lower rating got a better increment, needless to say the other guy left the firm.

Another funny thing is the salary discussion system, if you go and argue about the salary that you get, there is no resolution provided by them. If you say that your salary increment was too low they will simply answer that everyone got the same. If you compare someone's salary then it quickly becomes a ethical issue which is then escalated. So irrespective of what you do the salary discussion system was made to not work.

The overall perception that Deloitte is a friendly place which values Work-Life balance is a myth. You are expected to put in extra hours every single day and 99% of the times you won't even be compensated for that except that it will show up as higher utilization during your year end review. The same utilization will not guarantee a good rating though. Overall I think they should start valuing employees for the work they do rather than these other activities which don't really help anyone.

One of the best companies to work for.

Business Technology Analyst (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsThe work culture is so open and everyone is so helpful. There are hardly any company politics. Everyday you seem inspired to work in this company.

ConsLong working hours with no compensation for extra hours

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!