Deloitte New Mexico Reviews

• Any Status
Employment Status

Deloitte Deloitte US CEO Cathy Engelbert
Cathy Engelbert

• Advanced attitude towards work-life balance (in 471 reviews)

• Probably a good place to start your career (in 167 reviews)

• Absolutely no work-life balance (in 1260 reviews)

• There is no Work-Life Balance at all (in 254 reviews)

Developer Farm

Former Employee - Software Developer in Santa Fe, NM
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Santa Fe, NM

I worked at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

They treated us to dinner when we had to stay late and the management at Deloitte is dependable, so it made my job a lot easier. There was quite a bit of freedom with how one allocates their time insofar as deadlines are met. The location in Santa Fe, NM made it worthwhile for at least a month, then it got really boring, especially if you're single and in your mid-twenties.

A lot of micromanagement, many developer's working on the same applications in assembly-line fashion, long hours sometime 13 hours a day for a week straight, Deloitte is not a tech company and it shows.

Advice to Management

Developer's work differently than what most management at Deloitte is likely accustomed to supervising because software development is not a science, but it is engineering and it involves elements of creativity and design. Accountants and financial analysts don't have to zone out the way developers do. That's how we get our work done, in the "zone." Allow your workers time to think about a problem before attacking it. Work isn't always in the form of visible movement. I know that doesn't feel comfortable to admit, but that's how Einstein operated.

Showing 1 of 9,654 review