Deloitte

Joe Echevarria

(1,221 ratings)

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

Developer Farm

Software Developer (Former Employee)
    Santa Fe, NM

ProsThey treated us to dinner when we had to stay late and the management at Deloitte is dependable, so it made my job a lot easier. There was quite a bit of freedom with how one allocates their time insofar as deadlines are met. The location in Santa Fe, NM made it worthwhile for at least a month, then it got really boring, especially if you're single and in your mid-twenties.

ConsA lot of micromanagement, many developer's working on the same applications in assembly-line fashion, long hours sometime 13 hours a day for a week straight, Deloitte is not a tech company and it shows.

Advice to Senior ManagementDeveloper's work differently than what most management at Deloitte is likely accustomed to supervising because software development is not a science, but it is engineering and it involves elements of creativity and design. Accountants and financial analysts don't have to zone out the way developers do. That's how we get our work done, in the "zone." Allow your workers time to think about a problem before attacking it. Work isn't always in the form of visible movement. I know that doesn't feel comfortable to admit, but that's how Einstein operated.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!

Deloitte Videos

Deloitte – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deloitte reviews and ratings in New Mexico — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria. All reviews posted anonymously by Deloitte employees.