Deloitte

6,938 Reviews

Deloitte Global CEO Barry Salzberg
Barry Salzberg
1,582 Ratings

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 471 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 167 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1260 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 254 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Developer Farm

Former Employee - Software Developer in Santa Fe, NM
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Santa Fe, NM

I worked at Deloitte full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They treated us to dinner when we had to stay late and the management at Deloitte is dependable, so it made my job a lot easier. There was quite a bit of freedom with how one allocates their time insofar as deadlines are met. The location in Santa Fe, NM made it worthwhile for at least a month, then it got really boring, especially if you're single and in your mid-twenties.

Cons

A lot of micromanagement, many developer's working on the same applications in assembly-line fashion, long hours sometime 13 hours a day for a week straight, Deloitte is not a tech company and it shows.

Developer's work differently than what most management at Deloitte is likely accustomed to supervising because software development is not a science, but it is engineering and it involves elements of creativity and design. Accountants and financial analysts don't have to zone out the way developers do. That's how we get our work done, in the "zone." Allow your workers time to think about a problem before attacking it. Work isn't always in the form of visible movement. I know that doesn't feel comfortable to admit, but that's how Einstein operated.