Deloitte

Deloitte Reviews in Ottawa, ON Canada

Updated May 22, 2014

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance(in 423 reviews)

• Great place to start off your career to learn a lot of skills(in 143 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance(in 1082 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate(in 218 reviews)

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to learn

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat people who are very smart and capable.

ConsWork life balance can be a challenge. It is doable but you need to learn to set boundaries.

Lots of learning opportunities, contacts and travelling

Consultant (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsMeeting very intelligent and professional individuals from many domains. Travelling in business class and trying different hotels.

ConsLots of working hours, constant travelling, less emphasis on the technical path and relatively low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay for more experienced consultant with technical skills

Great start, mediocre progression avenues

Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat place to learn, especially to start your career. Global reputable brand.

ConsWork culture. Engagements are dependent on the office you're based out of.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter coaching and career progression internally from seniors.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing stuff is at this company

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Prosgreat leadership at this company

Constoo many projects to do at once

Advice to Senior Managementgood job to all members of management

Good for learning & growth not good for long term position

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsOnly good for first five year of your career

Conscompensation package and low salary range

Advice to Senior ManagementDeloitte Canada should increase compensation package to match the market

A great place to be challenged, and to grow

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsDeloitte has a lot of smart, ambitions, motivated people working there. This challenges you to be your best. They invest in education, training, and networking. In return, they expect you to deliver, consistently. They provide excellent feedback on projects and overall performance, regularly, to help you improve continually.

ConsSalaries and benefits may not be as high as other management consulting firms, nor do they have the same name recognition as other more prestigious firms. They're also diversified, so you need to be able to help sell their other services, not just management consulting.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt can be difficult for newer employees to understand the one deloitte approach, and how they can contribute to sales. Setting a good example early on would be helpful, to have the sales mindset no matter where you are in the organization.

Review Deloitte - senior position

Senior (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsGreat reputation; good benefits and attractive employee perks
    Excellent opportunities for movement within the company although it will take some time to move across functions

ConsCompensation ranges can be improved; pressure to work on holidays; no sick days; not well rewarded for job well done

Advice to Senior ManagementLeadership is good, however management must understand that they should be able to keep their top talent by offering something more than general package

Good place to start

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsEmployee respect. Impartial method used to determine bonuses. Salary / benefits. Good name for the resume.

ConsCompetition between partners limits growth potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a technical career path.

Wonderful experience - highly recommend Deloitte (and consulting in general) as part of overall career path

Manager, Human Capital (Former Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsI worked on the consulting side of the house and you are always taking best practices in an industry and trying to apply them to real-life situations faced by your clients. In the Ottawa office, the projects tend to be of a shorter duration (a few weeks to a few months) so if you thrive on change and new challenges, it is ideal. You also tend to work with people who are highly motivated and that always brings an air of excitement to the work.

ConsLike all the big consulting/accounting firms, work/life balance can be an issue. I think the Ottawa partners were largely supportive of work/life balance, but there are times when you have to change personal plans (e.g. a day booked off) in order to accommodate a client's schedule. It's the main reason why I left Deloitte - and the consulting industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever skimp on training opportunities for employees, even though every hour spent on training is an hour not billed to the client.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!