Deloitte

3.5 6,211 reviews

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

(1,261 ratings)

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance(in 423 reviews)

• Great place to start off your career to learn a lot of skills(in 143 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance(in 1082 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate(in 218 reviews)

6,211 Employee Reviews

Great Place to Launch Career

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsGood projects, great people, high standards of business practices, and good training

ConsToo much travel, work life balance is non-existent, many days are 14 hours and it lasts for weeks at this pace

Great place to work.

ProsWonderful place to build a career!

Conswork can be demanding and time intensive.

Good people but the work can be high-burn within the Consulting division.

Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsReally love working with the people at Deloitte Consulting. Everyone comes from a unique background and seems to be invested in the culture and community around them.

ConsHowever, everyone is a high achiever which results in added competition and competitive promotions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very happy with Deloitte Tax and it's culture. Worked at other Big 4 firm previously.

Tax Senior (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsManagement cares about your career - Coming from another Big 4 firm, this was a huge contrast that I was pleasantly surprised with. It has made all the difference.

Excellent Technology - hardware and software - the best and most up-to-date out of all the Big 4 firms by a long shot. While not critical, this was a welcome change. The less technology issues, the better.

Opportunity - Deloitte Tax in OC has a significant market share over the competition. This allows for many client opportunities to expand your experience.

Professionalism - the partners and directors running this practice have it nailed down. Respect is given and received by all. Gossip is much less prevalent compared to my old firm.

Challenge - related to opportunity, I have been challenged significantly more here than at my previous firm. This has kept me motivated and excited for the future in this office.

People - OC office; couldn't ask for a better group of colleagues. Seriously. While this may change over time. I have a feeling that those who work here now will make every effort to continue the current hiring trends.

Flexibility - it's real in this office, not just something that gets talked about by national.

ConsTypical Big 4 hours = stressful. Deadlines are awful, but are unfortunately a large part of public accounting. Management does what they can to soften the pressure, but it is what it is.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Continue to treat your high performing employees well, and they will in turn yield desired results and keep a longer tenure.

Senior Consultant

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsTime-off policies. 5 paid weeks off a year.
    Projects are exciting and challenging
    Co-workers are great and very good

ConsWork-life balance, always on the road Monday- Thursday

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management have a number of initiatives underway and they do a great job communicating those. At times though, it feels like what they are preaching is not really practiced on the projects

Great place to grow

ProsGreat on your CV, opens doors

ConsPoor work life balance, poorly paid.

BTA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBTA class includes a great social and intelligent people.

ConsWork can be monotonous and certain opportunities may be limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive BTAs more freedom in choosing their projects.

Great place to learn

Audit Senior Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe amount of experience you receive. The caliber of people you work with. The benefits and exposure as well as the excellent training you receive.

ConsLow pay and long hours. Big corporate culture so hard to stand out as a result of a flawed rating system.

Interning with Deloitte was always challenging and very rewarding.

Audit Intern (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience. The job will create opportunities for you whether it is outside the company or within.

ConsWorking in audit means long hours in front of a computer stuck inside an excel spreadsheet. The office can get really quite at times and will leave someone who is very personable unsatisfied.

Good firm, good people - heavy on compliance and too much HR nonsense

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsPeople are great and they have some of the best consulting practices in the world (also, size has its advantages).

ConsVery risk averse, pay is sometimes not comparable to other firms, depending on role, and the HR group is a lot of ex-consultants who clearly drank way too much of their own Kool-Aid

Advice to Senior ManagementMore comp for high performers and less HR BS

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!