Deloitte Reviews

Reset
3.6
Deloitte Deloitte US CEO Cathy Engelbert
Cathy Engelbert

Pros
  • Advanced attitude towards work-life balance (in 471 reviews)

• Probably a good place to start your career (in 167 reviews)

Cons
  • Absolutely no work-life balance (in 1260 reviews)

• There is no Work-Life Balance at all (in 254 reviews)

8,391 Employee Reviews

1. Featured Review

Captain of your own Ship

Current Employee - ERS Consultant in Rosslyn, VA
    Current Employee - ERS Consultant in Rosslyn, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent salary, great benefits, ability to travel and build travel points, impressive professional versatility.

Cons

Unpredictable work projects - e.g. some engagements last weeks, or months; each employee is their own company (with their own brand etc) and greater emphasis is therefore placed on networking. If you're not good at networking, become an expert in a particular field or map out a systematic plan to network.

2. Deloitte - THE BEST PLACE TO WORK PERIOD.

Current Employee - Administrative Supervisor in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Administrative Supervisor in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Deloitte's culture - ethics & integrity; support; work life balance; growth opportunites. Most of all it's the Deloitte people!! Also, the diversity of folks you work with as it is an amazing opportunity to learn.

Cons

None - Yep there is nothing wrong that I personally see!

Advice to Management

I think our management does an excellent job in leadership, communication and feedback. Thank you for your leadership and examples.

3. Deloitte, The Best Place in the World to Start a Career!

Current Employee - Audit Staff in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Audit Staff in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Deloitte has a great office environment with a very diverse group of employees.

Cons

The Atlanta Traffic (Getting to work)

Advice to Management

Your doing a Great Job

5. Great company to learn and grow as an individual with competitive salary and great work/life balance!

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Great company culture. Everyone is helpful and nice and outside of specific work tasks there are no levels of hierarchy. Everyone is the same. Learn a lot fast. Get to see exactly how your individual work effects the company. Work a lot in groups which makes the work easier and more fun. Relaxed at times but gets the job done. Lots of time off and very flexible with when you can take that time off. Lots of room to move up in the company.

Cons

Bonus is small and based on a very generic evaluation. Difference in bonus between a good evaluation and bad one is fairly small and a perfect evaluation is near impossible to get.

Advice to Management

Fix bonus and evaluation system. The everyday running of the company is good.

6. People are too hard on Deloitte

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

There is usually a lot of flexibility e.g. working from home for a few hours to wait for the cable guy, etc. They are also very generous in the PTO package and I have never had a problem using it all. I feel like Deloitte does try to give us work life balance, whether it works is another story as I feel people are just too dedicated. But that is the kind of person Deloitte recruits. I also feel like I am fairly compensated for my dedication and make a good salary comparative to my peers in other industries, however I do work more than they do.

Cons

You only get bonuses at a certain level or above and they are never guaranteed or to be expected, so that is a bummer. Obviously, you work hard for your money and the multiple busy seasons per year in my area can be a drag. There were also some extreme working conditions I had to endure for a while and I do not feel as if I was compensated fairly (or at all) by Deloitte management for my sacrifices. A little more recognition at those times would be nice... there are systems in place but I do not feel management frequently uses them.

Advice to Management

Keep implementing the cutting edge strategies that keep us ahead of the game.

7. Deloitte Review is excellent

Current Employee - Tax Manager in San Juan, PR
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in San Juan, PR

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

The work atmosphere at Deloitte is excellent.

Cons

The matching in the 401(k) by the employer should be higher.

Advice to Management

Senior Management should be more communicative.

8. Deloitte a great place to work, grow, share and be successful.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Commitment to practitioners and to the community through their programs, internal intiatives and support for community activities. Practitioners are able to take interests from their personal life and make them Deloitte initiatives. For instance, I am involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters. There is an annual Bowl-A-Thon to help raise money for the organization; Deloitte encourages its staff to participate in these events and to encourage others to attend. They also sponsor membership fees for various professional organizations; have a day of service, where all practitioners go out into the neighboring communities for the day and help better the environments where the offices are located.

Cons

We provide our clients with the best we have to offer and that often impacts work-life balance. As with most clients, when an RFP is presented they want to get the work done for the lowest price possible. In some cases, potential clients are restricted by budget; however, in other cases, they push the envelope to get the best deal. If we, as a top producing firm with a great reputation for success, understand what it takes to successfully complete the task, we should stick to those number instead of cutting for the sake of price. Ultimately, it hurts the practitioners who are forced to do the work typically expected with more resources.

Advice to Management

When bidding on projects, bid the need and not the price. So often we bid a smaller staff to do a large implementation because of price. At the end the staff end up overworked and lack a healthy balance of work and personal life.

9. Deloitte--People, Resources, Opportunities

Current Employee - Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Deloitte has a great culture that is very supportive and inclusive. The people are outgoing and the firm has a strong development culture with many career opportunities. The work is always challenging, and the promotion schedule is quick. We receive effective communication from senior management, we have a solid benefits package, cutting-edge technology and resources, and a culture of integrity and innovation that all combine to a very satisfying work environment.

Cons

Client projects can require long hours on short notice, and the general professional-services environment can be very demanding and not very forgiving. Demanding assignments provide developmental opportunities, but the size of the firm can lead to some inefficiencies.

Advice to Management

Recognize individual achievements more closely, raise the 401(k) match percentage, provide better training for managers to transition into their new responsibilities, and enhance scheduling flexibility to add resources where they're needed most.

10. Deloitte is indeed one of the best places to launch a career.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Deloitte provides great opportunities to see various companies and various industries through the different projects that are available. There are also a lot of resources available for all sorts needs, from fitness reimbursements and subsidies, to an expansive knowledge sharing network. Deloitte also offers a lot of leadership opportunities and opportunities for business and personal growth. Management also tries their best to let us know what the situation of the firm is through emails and voicemails and sometimes through local gatherings. The young professionals at Deloitte are impressive as they are very hard-working, ambitious and friendly people. There are also many perks associated with working for Deloitte, such as flexible working arrangements, where someone may be able to work part-time if necessary, great firm initiatives, such as the various diversity initiatives and travel perks, such as accumulating hotel points, airline miles and credit card points all on the company's dime.

Cons

Depending on the project and the management team on the project, there are times when you'll be working a lot of hours and doing tasks that aren't very exciting but need to be done, such as documentation. If the manager of the project doesn't plan very well or handle issues before they get too big, the staff are usually the ones who suffer the most, since the work still needs to be done and they are the ones who must deliver. Sometimes you'll also be stuck in a situation where the partner wants one thing, and the client wants another, and you need to satisfy both. Depending on the manager, you may also not get recognized for the hard work you put forth on the project. Most managers are good at keeping morale high but there are always the few who do not.

Advice to Management

Please plan the projects and resources for projects realistically so that staff are not being overworked and burnt out. When work cannot be completed because not enough time is allotted for the situation, this creates a lot of stress for staff and does not foster a positive working environment. Thank you for all the support you guys provide us and please remind us that we are appreciated from time to time.

11. Exponential Career Growth

Current Employee - Audit Staff in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Audit Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte

Pros

Deloitte is one of the quickest ways to advance your Career in the Business World. There is an extremely high learning curve, that continues through-out your Career. Your working with the best and the brightest people who all have similar high ambitions to succeed. Your value in the Market Place grows exponentially with your time spent at Deloitte. Business Week 2007 ratings place Deloitte as the #1 place to launch a career out of college.

Cons

There can be some extremely long hours. But much of that depends on the Clients you have. You are compensated with 23-28 PTO days and 10 paid holidays per year. Work life balance can be tough especially if you're working a lot of hours while trying to pass the CPA and still have some resemblance of a life.

Advice to Management

Be aware the number of hours it takes to get something done and if the budgeted hours are too skimpy people will eat hours to get the job done and receive a good review.

Showing 8,391 of 8,851 reviews