Deloitte

6,483 Reviews

Deloitte Global CEO Barry Salzberg
Barry Salzberg
1,358 Ratings

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 425 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 146 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1093 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 221 reviews)

More Highlights

Unethical and Concerned

Former Employee - LIMS Consultant  in  New Rochelle, NY
    Former Employee - LIMS Consultant in New Rochelle, NY

I worked at Deloitte as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Navel malfunction!, has just started, Lets do the team a favor!

Cons

To expend effort but make little or no progress to achievement of a goal or an end.

The hands-on absence of the executive team is this organizations biggest fault. The folks that run this company have fuel tanks full of yester-decade’s past accomplishments and long resumes of sideline wins delivered by others. The name of the game in this economy is constantly hunt and constantly deliver. The Deloitte executive team was more concerned about the numbers reflected on a weight scale as opposed to the numbers driving their business and people. Having an executive step away from the business for the better part of 8 weeks to focus on their physical appearance just seems to be a poor decision for someone charged with running the company (don’t get me wrong, I work out daily, but an 8 week Houdini act while at the helms seemed poorly thought out). Additionally, the larger contributors operated as standalone islands with no mentoring for junior staff. Again, no strategy, collaboration and common drive.

Deloitte also suffers from a recurring plague known as the "Golden Boy Syndrome". Every 12-16 months a new knight on a white denver horse enters the kingdom and completely changes the game, the players and the rules. This is typically done overnight. It's disruptive to the business and most importantly to the morale of the seasoned "doers" that have continuously contributed historically. The last few candidates anointed to this position of ultimate failure have left holes and gaps so large in the organization that it's hard to rebuild after their departure/termination. Being on the front of this cycle several times reminded me of Chris William Golding's Lord of the Flies- an allegorical and literal conflict of impulses. Being on the tail end of these cycles is like Hurricane Katrina; an all hands on deck effort toward rebuilding and trying to put the pieces back together with everyone left scratching their head.

IT audit senior

Former Employee - IT Audit Senior  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - IT Audit Senior in Miami, FL

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great office space, great clients, projects

Cons

Horrible senior management. Treat staff like batteries and categorize them as 8hrs, 10hrs, 12 hrs. Really long work hours. Busy season is terrible more than 14 hrs and Saturdays office presence mandatory. As records go..two years in row all staff has left the firm in without completing even one year. As staff leaves in middle of business season, seniors have to cover up all mess. Beware.

Hire more staff and be realistic in planning, scheduling projects.

Don't WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THEM

Current Employee - Engineer At Deloitte Digital  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer At Deloitte Digital in Denver, CO

I have been working at Deloitte full-time

Pros

Free lunches once a week maybe . Flexible hours. They give you a sweet development enviornment(macbook,thunderbolt,etc)

Cons

Less pay. Extremely poor employee retention. They will fire you even if they dont assign you any work . Favoritism with the managers so new guys will never get to be on a project. Senior management lies to your face. All the managers want to look out for themselves before they even start to care for the engineer. Benefits are horrible (i actually think non-existent though) . Engineers are treated with zero respect. Career growth is non-existent here. You are expected to go and beg the managers for months before you are even assigned some work to do.

Stop lying. Stop hiring. Stop wasting other people's time. Least you can do is not "indirectly" let people go for something not even their fault.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Something you need to know about Deloitte bonuses

Former Employee - ERS Senior Consultant  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - ERS Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Deloitte full-time for less than a year

Pros

Deloitte pays bonuses, but read below for the catch.

Cons

Deloitte taxes your bonus, but if you leave before the agreed-upon time, they won't help you get your taxes back. Let's use round numbers as an example. If you received a $5000 bonus in 2013, taxes were withheld on that bonus in the year they were paid. If you leave the firm in 2014, and your agreement requires you to repay your bonus, Deloitte will neither reflect the repayment in your 2014 W-2, nor will they issue a corrected 2013 W-2 to reflect your lesser compensation.

Again keeping with round numbers, if you get a $5000 bonus in 2013, and then in 2014 you earn $50,000 but leave the firm and pay back that $5,000 bonus...at the end of the year your W-2 will say you earned $50,000, not $45,000.

Deloitte will file a W-2c to recover for themselves the additional social security and medicare taxes that THEY paid on your $5000 bonus, but they will file no such paperwork in order to help you out.

Just beware: median stay at Deloitte is around 12 months. Most people who get bonuses end up having to pay at least some of it back. And the people who pay it back get no help from Deloitte in recovering the extra taxes paid on their bonus. They'll help themselves, but they won't help you.

If you're willing to help yourselves, be willing to help your employees. That's why they're all becoming your former employees.

Never-Again

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Deloitte as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

None really. Doesn't compare to the other big4's yet thinks its the best

Cons

Too much politics. Managers and above review your every move and a slight hesitation here and there will see you out of the company. I chose DTT above another big 4 and regretting my decision all the way.

Disconnection from top management and staff

Former Employee - Associate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Associate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than a year

Pros

brand name in the industry, reasonable compensation, big name clients, career path

Cons

long working hour, little overtime compensation, bad employer culture

less mean, give real care to employee, no more slavery

Marketing over substance.

Former Employee - Business Technology Analyst  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Business Technology Analyst in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Deloitte full-time for less than a year

Pros

Diverse group of employees.
    Plenty of energetic people up for giving it a go.
    Well known brand name.
    City center location.

Cons

Operate like a bad recruitment agency.
    Outdated mangement structure encourages junior level managers to act poorly towards junior employees. Not worth it - better experiences to be had elsewhere in Dublin.
    On the job training is a joke.

I doubt ye read these things.

Senior Consultant

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Resume builder
    Name brand
    Decent pay
    That's all I can think of..,

Cons

Company is overrated and bloated with idiots
    Management is delusional and only concerned with their career
    Low pay

Read the reviews

Deloitte USI - Hyderabad

Former Employee - Manager  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Manager in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Deloitte full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I can think of very few positives in this organisation. Although the organisation claimed to be very people friendly, highly progressive and women friendly, this was mostly HR propaganda but the reality was very different.

Cons

This organisation claims to be women friendly but I was subjected to repeated sexual harassment in the last year that I worked with them. I reported these issues to Senior management but they took little cognisance of my concerns and refused to believe me and dismissed all my claims. No action was taken against the perpetrators. In fact the younger American Partner and the Senior manger I spoke to seemed to side with him and I was advised to let the issue go. Every time I brought the issue up I was told that maybe it would be best if I left the organisation. This despite the fact that the firm has so called anti harassment policies. The message I was given was that if I was not willing to suffer these sexual advances it would be better for me to leave. Also overall the culture was extremely sexist, chauvinistic and promiscuous. Women in the organisation were not treated as professionals, and were evaluated and promoted on the basis of how attractive the Senior Management found them. Also mine was not an isolated incident - there were cases of harassment in the past where the women were victimised by the Senior American Management and bullied into silence. Ultimately I did not find it safe to work in this organisation and also because I would not drop the issues of harassment I had been subjected to I was asked to leave, which is illegal. Additionally the American senior Management were highly arrogant and racist and there was clear discrimination in how Americans and Non-Americans were treated in the organisation.

Please implement your so called policies or do not make claims to have them. You have a lot of politically correct policies but none of these are followed in reality. Also please evaluate women on the basis of their professional competence and do not objectify women in the workplace.

Excellent Pay Master - Lacks Innovation - No Proper training for freshers - Freshers are misutlized

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Deloitte full-time for less than a year

Pros

Brand Value
    Good Pay
    Great teams to work with!!

Cons

1. Work - Life balance will go for a toss!!!
    2 .Deloitte Consulting is divided into service lines, and there is the pathetic service line named AMS, which takes care of SUPPORTing applications.
    3. Not worthy for a fresher if he/she is very much keen on learning.
    4. Networking??? - Too much of buttering!!!
    5. Promotion - Unless you are visibility is more in front of management, its difficult to get promoted.
    6. Lacks innovation

When you recruit laterals, make sure they are put into proper projects.
    Misutilising the people on bench

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!