Deloitte

6,970 Reviews

Deloitte Global CEO Barry Salzberg
Barry Salzberg
1,594 Ratings

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 471 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 167 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1260 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 254 reviews)

More Highlights

No Technical learning

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay. Work from home option available

Cons

No work life balance. Lots of networking required to survive here

Low Quality

I have been working at Deloitte full-time

Pros

Company offers a better salary than a smaller size company, a plus for an experience. Big shiny name to write on the resume. MD office professionals made an excellent impression several times. Pleasure to deal with them.

Cons

New York office was more that disappointing. My application was first in a wrong department, then instead of the promise to be "matched" to what I applied for, I was forced to be in a wrong category again with a story changing over and over and over. I have several emails from recruiters with apologies for their mistakes. With that being said, I did not get a great impression about New York City Office.

Make recruiters explain the position requirements in a bigger detail. It looks like that they take and application and "match" it with what they want, and not what a person applied for. If a person does not qualify, it is better to know right away instead of hearing later that recruiters made mistakes and the only thing person can qualify is really something he/she does not want.

Run, Forrest, Run!

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Good downtown location. Big company.

Cons

Toxic environment. People are slaves to their jobs, and it eats away at their ethics, morales, and humanity. Misery at its finest.

The Top Employer campaign is a sham and everyone knows it.

"Use 'em and lose 'em" should be Deloitte's motto

Former Employee - Project Associate in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Project Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Training opportunities if you seek them out
    - Decent time-off

Cons

- Salaries aren't competitive enough for amount of work you do
    - Horrible management
    - Completely useless HR -- they are really only there to cover the company and don't care about employees at all. Very similar to most of management.
    - Unsavory company practices -- if you have a conscience at all, this is not the place for you.

During my time at Deloitte, every person in my orientation class has left the company. Every person had a horrible experience at Deloitte and anyone I've spoken to since my time at Deloitte has expressed similar feelings. Management has no leadership qualities and are only looking to make more money for the company so they have a good number to put on their performance evaluation.

awful place to work for

Current Employee - Technology Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Technology Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Diverse group of employees.
    Well known brand name.

Cons

High staff turnover.Junior level managers act very badly and aggressive towards junior employees.Quiet, latent racism and discrimination practiced. Very little learning

Be nice to people, You are very unfriendly and unstructured.

White-collar sweatshop

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Darwin (Australia)
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Darwin (Australia)

I worked at Deloitte full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to work for clients from different industries which is helpful once you decide to leave the company. Most of workers are from different parts of world (although mostly from politically unstable and poor countries) which is nice if you are able to appreciate learning about different cultures and views.

Cons

This was by far the worst employer I ever had. The culture of bullying has a top-down design and you will be bullied until you learn how to bully downwards. Performance reviews are basically a blame game where the most important thing to learn, if you are to survive them, is how to blame someone else when project goes wrong. And projects go wrong all the time due to incompetent management and chase for market-share. Integrity is priority zero - top level management, from directors to partners, certified public accountants, certified internal/external auditors, certified forensic auditors will go as low as to lie under oath. Total deterioration of moral values. It will make you disgusted by the whole profession.

If you happened to work in this company, you should leave as soon as you possibly can. There is nothing you can do as 'manager' - this company is rotten top-down.

Don't take a job in Deloitte's Workplace Services

Current Employee - Workplace Services in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Workplace Services in Boston, MA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

For the type of work and amount of work I do, the pay is good, not great, but good.

Cons

Oh, where do I start ?
    No one has your back; not your boss, not HR, not benefits. They have Deloitte's back, not yours. And don't even think about standing up for yourself, you will be knocked down real quick. You are set adrift. People skills is a phrase not known by Deloitte. PTO is fair, just fair. Deloitte claims to be a highly ethical firm, they certainly do not treat the employees of Workplace Services in an ethical manner. They talk the talk, it ends there. Lip service is king. This year on Employee Appreciation Day we were handed a $5 gift card to Dunkin Donuts and were expected to smile, EXCUSE ME !?!?!. Workplace Services Holiday gathering was pot luck , EXCUSE ME !?!?! They know that most of us cannot leave because we will never find this level of salary again. Oh do they ever know it !!! You will see endless breakfast, lunches and afternoon snacks being brought in for some, but not for Workplace Services, oh but we do get the leftovers, bring your tupperware !!! Some years the raises are fair, just fair. Some years they are poor.really poor. I, just like everyone else, have made mistakes in my life, taking a job at Deloitte is among the top 3. I have 9 more years until retirement. 9 more years of being treated worse than a mangy stray dog.

Deloitte is corporate amerika right down the line. Management does not care about those of us in the trenches, so no advice to management, they are not listening anyway.

Culture beats strategy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Deloitte has a genuine direction, and is improving every day. The real top dogs are very serious about making it a seriously good place to work.

Cons

Deloitte is desperately trying to move away from its reputation as the “sick puppy” of the big four, however there are still too many residual managers from its darker days, and the hangover from a once toxic culture remains. Many of the senior managers are more concerned with bullying staff then getting the job done, and are very reluctant to support more junior staff, and even reluctant to get the job done for the clients. The firm is still very hierarchical and any manager who has been there since the “sick puppy” days will expect to be treated like a king. Although the top management has a clear and well thought out strategy, in Deloitte’s own words, culture beats strategy. Unless the “old” culture of hierarchy, stifling of free thinking, and workplace bullying is extinguished, the strategy will never come to fruition.

Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone

Current Employee - ERS Consultant
    Current Employee - ERS Consultant

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Not a high pressure job, get ample time to do things outside of work

Cons

Rampant favouritism, senior managers have huge egos which are very easily hurt

Great Opportunities for Experienced Hires

I worked at Deloitte

Pros

Good people and an excellent HR organization

Cons

High expectations every day, but always recognized and often rewarded

Keep listening to the people below the partnership