Deloitte

6,822 Reviews

Deloitte Global CEO Barry Salzberg
Barry Salzberg
1,542 Ratings

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 471 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 167 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1260 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 254 reviews)

More Highlights

If you are from A grade engineering college you will regret joining deloitte

Current Employee - Business Technology Analyst in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Business Technology Analyst in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-chill life if you get a useless project but wont add to your learning
    - people say its good if you want to have an MBA . But i personally think wasting your time doing all crappy work is not justified , though the outerworld has a very great immpression about deloitte but trust me you will know the actuality from day1 .

Cons

- Not so many joinees from top engineering colleges
    - If u get stuck in bad project they are going to make you work like hell
    - Most of the experience guys have no technical knowledge in short incompetent seniors
    - No learning
    - You will like the pay if u get a project where you dont have to work much but you will regret if you happen to work for a project which makes u work for 10 or more than 10 hours+ weekends as well
    - For a purely technical guy this company is a strict no no
    - Low salary hikes
    - Very less projects that company have
    - unrealistic project deadlines

Just have a lot to say about deloitte , hope you understand what I meant

Poor Company don't waste your time.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The greatest thing about this company is the name recognition, benefits and access to training.

Cons

This company will do anything to steal you away from your employer including offering more money for fake
    Promises. This has been a traumatic experience for me. As a senior consultant I was expected to work 65-70 hrs a week. In my year end review the leadership suggested that I don't work work enough hours. There is no team continuity. It's a completion where you are competing aganist your own peers constantly causing more friction. The average duration at this company is 2 years and that's only because most sign a signing bonus and are locked for 2 years. Managers and seniors managers call you at 2-3am constantly. This company promotes flexibility.. But you spend 30
    Hours doing, proposals , business decelopement, dealing with your clients etc... I work on the federal
    Side. Deloitte is nothing but a
    Fraud as even when government
    Personnal get recruited over they leave after 4 months. My suggestion is to never work for this horrible company who does nothing but abuse
    You mentally and physically. Yea
    You make a descent salary but you're doing triple the work.

Change your business model and stop stealing people from companies with fake promises

Good oportunity to improve your CV

Current Employee - Business Analyst in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

That's a good opportunity to improve your cv, they are very recognized in the financial area, with many benefits

Cons

The salary does not follow the market, depending of the area that you work, this experience will be a long time without job, and for starters you'll probably will learn less than if you work in another company as an intern.

Seeing that even now they have problems about hire good seniors consultants and managers, they should start to take care about their professionals, they are not training to have a qualified staff, they are just having cheap employees.

Audit Assistant

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

PTO if you can take it and that is it

Cons

Work life balance, management, hours, salary, politics, culture

Worst experience of my life

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is the one and only pro i must admit.

Their pay is better than other big service based companies, that's all.

Cons

ooh my god where do i start....

1. Work life balance - None, you have to make heavy sacrifices in your personal life. it can feel worse if you are married and want to spend time with your family on weekends. Bachelors forget it, you are reminded that you are one and dont have a life.
    2. Work place politics - Heavy, you cannot grow or even survive if you aren't sucking upto your seniors.
    3. They heavily market something called as "Networking" after sometime i got the real meaning of it. It means play politics at work place, make sure you do as asked by your Ms, SMs and PPDs even if its not doable or possible. Always and always belong to atleast one group (and make sure that group has some clout or else you are nobody).
    4. Employee Appraisals - good holy heavens!! the three points should make this clear and implicit i think.

well, all i can think of is start over guys and may be this time you have already learnt a lesson.

Slavery

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Prestige, Networking, Deloitte University, Talented Workforce

Cons

Constant Travel, Stressful, Very Little Consistency, Long Hours, Low Pay

Take better care of your employees.

Hit or Miss...depends on your luck

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Name Recognition.
    2. Great training programs.
    3. DU is a beautiful campus.

Cons

1. Politics, politics, politics…beware at all times.
    2. No work-life balance…no explanation needed.
    3. If coming in as a Senior Consultant, ensure you have a project PRIOR to starting. Many Senior Consultants come hired onto the bench, which tanks your utilization, and you will be penalized. Senior Consultants are not a hot commodity in the Federal space. It is easier to hire an Analyst or Consultant on a project than a Senior Consultant.
    4. Not easy to switch projects if not a match for your skill set. The manager will pretty much screw you on your review for this.
    5. Not as “client focused” as promoted. More often than not, it is all about the sale of new business than focusing on the task already given. Clients suffer.
    6. Manager -level and above will throw you under the bus to save their own hide. You must play the game well and be-friend the right people to ensure your end of the year review is not affected.
    7. Your vacation is not your vacation. You have to pretty much beg to take off. Also, keep in mind; taking vacation tanks your utilization.
    8. Not as easy to move within the company as promised. One has to actually PROVE themselves qualified in order to move somewhere else. This will require approvals all over the place.

Take a hard look at the management in place. I encourage 360 reviews to be required for every project manager by their project team. That will identify all weak links. Partners are too far removed from everyone to be the advocate and solve problems. As long as the politics out-weigh the experience, turn over will continue to increase. Utilization shouldn’t be required for first year employees. Navigating thought the company is hard enough as is.

False advertising

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I met some wonderful people while learning new things and being constantly challenged with workload - never a dull moment.

Cons

I was told by recruitment that I was just going in to this position as an entry level position and that as soon as something more complicated came up I could apply. This same person called and yelled at me for doing exactly that and said that I absolutely could not do it and said I was rude for even thinking it.

The company came off as very friendly during recruitment and the first week or so and then it just got weird and mean. Constantly being yelled at, insulted, and belittled in front of clients. Weird dress code policies that weren't written but were verbally communicated - such as the very strong suggestion that all women wear dresses/skirts, high heels, full make up, and jewelry. I have never experienced anything like this and I have worked for a variety of private sector, public sector, and non-profit organizations.

In speaking with others at this company the bait and switch, bullying, and strange appearance requests are common in this particular office. I think it's fine if you like wearing those things, but a person does not need high heels to look nice - plus they are painful. The bullying really has to stop and there needs to be a lot more respect for everyone.

Treat your support staff better and they will actually stay - and make sure everyone is being treated with respect. There is absolutely no excuse for some of the disgusting behavior I both witnessed and experienced.

Not for 'Freshers' !
    Not for people who don't know how to 'Butter' !

Former Employee - BTA
    Former Employee - BTA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Team Lunch/ Outing/ Party
    2. Laptop
    3. Flexible Working hours

Cons

1. Technology used in various projects are some 10 year old.
    2. Your profile wont be good if you stay in this company for 2+ years.
    3. Even a 4+ year exp. person will get a documentation work.
    4. They will say that you should do 'Networking', but it is actually termed as 'Politics' / 'Buttering' . If you know buttering then join. Persons who are not buttering the higher officials will get low rating and asked to get out of the company.
    5. Avg working hours might be 14-16 hours. If you work only for 9 hours, you will get low rating.
    6. There is no transparency.
    7. No proper training will be given for freshers.
    8. No proper KT will be given when you join a project.
    9. there are lot more.. this space wont be enough.

Anyway they won't listen.

Unethical and Concerned

Former Employee - LIMS Consultant in New Rochelle, NY
    Former Employee - LIMS Consultant in New Rochelle, NY

I worked at Deloitte as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Navel malfunction!, has just started, Lets do the team a favor!

Cons

To expend effort but make little or no progress to achievement of a goal or an end.

The hands-on absence of the executive team is this organizations biggest fault. The folks that run this company have fuel tanks full of yester-decade’s past accomplishments and long resumes of sideline wins delivered by others. The name of the game in this economy is constantly hunt and constantly deliver. The Deloitte executive team was more concerned about the numbers reflected on a weight scale as opposed to the numbers driving their business and people. Having an executive step away from the business for the better part of 8 weeks to focus on their physical appearance just seems to be a poor decision for someone charged with running the company (don’t get me wrong, I work out daily, but an 8 week Houdini act while at the helms seemed poorly thought out). Additionally, the larger contributors operated as standalone islands with no mentoring for junior staff. Again, no strategy, collaboration and common drive.

Deloitte also suffers from a recurring plague known as the "Golden Boy Syndrome". Every 12-16 months a new knight on a white denver horse enters the kingdom and completely changes the game, the players and the rules. This is typically done overnight. It's disruptive to the business and most importantly to the morale of the seasoned "doers" that have continuously contributed historically. The last few candidates anointed to this position of ultimate failure have left holes and gaps so large in the organization that it's hard to rebuild after their departure/termination. Being on the front of this cycle several times reminded me of Chris William Golding's Lord of the Flies- an allegorical and literal conflict of impulses. Being on the tail end of these cycles is like Hurricane Katrina; an all hands on deck effort toward rebuilding and trying to put the pieces back together with everyone left scratching their head.