Deloitte

6,836 Reviews

Deloitte Global CEO Barry Salzberg
Barry Salzberg
1,511 Ratings

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 471 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 164 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1251 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 252 reviews)

More Highlights

Hypothetical expectation, no family life,, weekends. High politics, work only on internal initiative and rest is not imp

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Well known brand, office is good with many exceptions. Time - off policy is really good.

Cons

This company has emphasize in show-off and no real technical strength. Of-course exceptions are every where.

Start focusing on technical resources and their work-life balance, reward policies, to much show-off and loosing focus on technical side and technical resources may not be fruitful to company

Too toxic to handle

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

--Learn a lot

--If you search hard, you find some truly outstanding people ( too bad they leave ASAP)

Cons

--Hours are inhuman; not just a whiny complaint, busy season is regularly 80-100 hours with a lot of people staying til 4 am; it's a weird competition to see who can stay the longest with bitter senior managers saying they stayed for x amount of hours when they were consultants ( yah you walked uphill in the snow, I get it)

--some partners and senior managers are totally unprofessional in their interactions

--low pay

--there is no work/life balance regardless of what the kool aid says

I have no advice because this is how things have been running for so long they will never change

Irresponsible recruiting

Current Employee - Human Resources Recruiter in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Recruiter in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

I have been working at Deloitte (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing special, I get lots of holidays so I can be as lazy as I want

Cons

We do not answer to people. We don't care, there will always be people applying. We are unprofessional. If we do not hire you, it is because we just do not have the time to hire you and will choose the first one that comes

Worst 2 years and 2 days...

I worked at Deloitte full-time

Pros

Having Deloitte on your resume opens many doors for other opportunities.

Cons

During busy season, there is no such thing as work-life-balance. Unless someone takes a personal interest in you (which is rare) it is hard to learn and grow. Too often you're told "see what was done last year" without any further guidance or explanation. Robots.

Take a look around at those leaving - an entire team, from Auditor to Manager under the same Senior Manager quit. There is no appreciation of current employees.

I truly wish I had done my homework!

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Deloitte as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I loved the idea of working from home. Particularly when the nearest office is a 90 minute commute. Pay is great.

Cons

No amount of money can makeup for lack of respect to the individual, miscommunications, backstabbing environment that completely lacks ethics.

I'm shocked to see 68% of your employees recommend you. In November your rating was in the tank and the reviews were more aligned with truth. I would recommend that you find out how your managers treat the people that report into them. If you can do it anonymously all the better so that there is no retaliation. Because if you don't I can guarantee there will be retaliation. They are all about covering themselves when there are errors. They do not take responsiblity for their own mistakes. Particularly in Development and Training - a branch of your Talent & Development. They pulled off getting a great deal of work from me, took the credit for it, and then let me go for an error they committed and that they pinned on me.

Hard to find positives

Current Employee - Business Analyst - Strategy and Operations in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Speaking based on experience in the Singapore office only - depending on the team you're working with they can be friendly and close-knit. Good brand name on the surface. Generally more down-to-earth and collegial than in banking. You make close friends with some colleagues.

Cons

Speaking based on experience in the Singapore office only - Work-life balance is non-existent, and the low pay does not help at all. Junior employees are treated merely as resources with little investment in training them up. Measly and laughable employee benefits, welfare and pathetic investment in office equipment. No respect for them and little appreciation for their contributions to projects. Demoralised office environment where people quit very frequently. Needless to say, burn out comes quickly.

Invest more in improving employee satisfaction. Have a genuine concern for gathering employee feedback rather than using it as a means to root out the 'dissidents' and prevent them from being promoted.

ruins your life

Current Employee - Associate V in Camp Hill, PA
    Current Employee - Associate V in Camp Hill, PA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Literally nothing. Except for Benefits which are good.

Cons

1] Outdated technology development. they have some old frameworks which you need to learn and reuse. No scope of learning new technologies.
    2] Slogging late hours. Senior management will suck your brains. Be prepared to work late hours.
    3] Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate.
    4] Salary is Ok., but not great.

very poor experience. Hate this company

Current Employee - Tax Consultant II in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Tax Consultant II in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

very big company. allows work from home

Cons

very bad company. All money taken away by partners/directors

give more salary to the consultants and senior consultants

Come here if you hate your family

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Deloitte full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Compensation
    Encourage you to work hard and more during your milestone year

Cons

No work life balance - only work life, leads will expect you to work atleast 12 hrs a day
    Zero professional ethics.
    No respect for Individual
    Leads across all projects are in habit to create panic situation
    You should be political to survive in Deloitte
    Worse work culture

Work on your management skills/attitude issues

Worst place to work! Fake company, no good projects.rather very less projects. I AM TALKING ABOUT TECHNOLOGY CONSULTING.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing ! big zero in everything!
    Learning - NO
    Salary - NO
    Good Projects - NO
    Oh i forgot the PROS

SHOW OFF ! That's it

Cons

Guess what happened to me! I was hired as a Java developer from NIIT. They took 3 rounds of technical (as they need highly talented technical person) .Deployed in some project after one month in bench. project was going smooth till some point of time. till then lot of parties, happy hours, and all crap happened. PROJECT DINT GO LIVE ! PROJECT BECAME SCRAP! and NO NEW PROJECTS ON FLOOR.. THEY LAID OFF PEOPLE. DIRTY POLITICS. IF YOU ARE GOOD TO YOUR MANAGER YOU WILL BE GIVEN GOOD RATING OTHERWISE WILL BE FIRED.
    they don't recognize your work. MAN THEY DON"T HAVE PROJECTS! THEY HAVE 2 PROJECTS IN HAND ,IF IT GETS SCRAP YOU WILL BE FIRED. PLEASE DON'T JOIN . YOUR CAREER WILL BE SPOILED. THEY DON'T WORK ON GOOD TECHNOLOGIES. SOME 10 YEAR OLD PROJECT THEY HAVE AND RUNNING DELOITTE USING THAT CODE. U

STOP SHOWING OFF ABOUT THE COMPANY.YOU HAVE NOTHING OTHER THAN MONEY!