Deloitte

Deloitte Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance(in 425 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience(in 146 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance(in 1093 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate(in 221 reviews)

176 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

a great place to build your resume

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Proslike a lot of large companies, there are plenty of perks for working here: company parties with free food & drinks, affiliations with retail outlets offering discounts for employees, etc.

Conswork. you. like. a. dog. seriously, if you are starting out here, you are less than a dog. I've never had my worth DE-valued by an employer before like it was here.

Advice to Senior Managementjust because you don't have work/life balance, don't take it out on everyone else, or expect everyone else not to have it either.

tiring, big and beaurocratic

Audit Senior (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosmeeting other young people, matchmaking

Consclients can be adversarial, managers can be unthoughtful and poor examples of leaders

Advice to Senior Managementpay staff fair salaries and properly adjust for local cost of living

So far so good

Tax Consultant I (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat culture, good people overall

Conslower compensation, work life balance

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to grow, network, and open doors for your career

Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros-relatively young workforce, many networking opportunities and chances to grow your career
    -very professional environment
    -sharing of practices
    -very open, friendly environment, very good corporate culture

Cons-work/life balance
    -flexibility in moving around the firm
    -must focus on networking to land projects you want to work on
    -very day to day lifestyle, not much stability in terms of location/projects

Advice to Senior Management-allow for more flexibility in moving service areas/lines within the firm

Heartless and WAY TOO MUCH Office Politics

QRM (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsCoworkers; volunteer events (Impact Day); firm values; firm's investment into their employees

Conssalary, office poitics

Many people take credit for work other people really did in order to advance in the company or to protect themselves from lay-offs.

It doesn't matter if you 're a great employee or a poor employee. All that matters is that your manager thinks you're working (even if you spend 30 hours a week on Farmville). It's more important to spend 40 hours being friends with your manager than it is actually doing your job, especially if your manager is a PPD (Principal, Partner, Director)..

Deloitte will not hesitate to fire you OVER THE PHONE despite a satisfactory performance review. Deloitte is trigger happy with the at-will employment option. Deloitte will shut down your account so you don't even have a chance to look for other opportunities with the firm or say good bye to friends.

Deloitte does not want women in their 30s who may have babies. Even upon their return, many women are terminated after a year or not given any assignments so that they can be up for termination due to "performance issues" (e.g., you're utilization sucks even though it's because the person assigning you work is too busy travelling around the US to suck up to PPDs).

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that people claiming credit for their work actually worked on it rather than just "project managing" (e.g., watching the progress of work product by others and being the first to claim credit or throw people under the bus).

Make sure employees who do their job remain with the firm and employees who abuse the telecommuting are investigated and ferretted out.

Great place to learn but lot of expectations outside of client work

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat lace to learn, talented people

ConsToo much emphasis on firm activities, not really meritocracy driven (it's all about who you know)

Deloitte Consulting is not a great place for industry hires.

Consulting Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsLots of training class offered for junior employees, very social environment. It's a great place for fresh graduates but not for experienced hires.

ConsIt's all about connections and who you know in the firm. How much have you contributed to the client success and the firm's bottom line is secondary.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop politics.

Great company to start your career.

Senior Auditor (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsPeople.
    Young environment.
    Strong learning experience.
    Great clients.

ConsLong hours.
    Tight deadlines.
    Stress level during busy times.

Tax Consultant

Tax Consultant II (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsCompany culture - promotes working from home, and even allows this during busy season; Love my co-workers

ConsLong hours during busy season; Evaluation system doesn't really allow differentiation between employees, so people are less motivation to work hard; Don't think we are compensated enough for all the hours we put in

Advice to Senior ManagementFix the evaluation and goal hour system so that people who are efficient and work hard will be compensated, or else they will just leave

Wonderful firm with great people!

Audit Senior Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe people are truly genuine and great to work with. Partners really care about you as a person.

ConsBusy season hours can be long, but as expected and only one quarter out of the year.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!