Deloitte

Deloitte Reviews in Virginia

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 425 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 146 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1093 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 221 reviews)

More Highlights
190 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Deloitte is a great company to work for!

Consultant (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsGreat company to grow and accelerate your career at. They offer competitive salary as well. Deloitte has a great promotion structure. You will get promoted every two-three years as long as you do what's required. Heavy emphasis on training and it's mandatory for all employees to attend Deloitte University in Texas.

ConsYou have to be willing to work 45-50 hours minimum. Most Consultants work well over 50 hours. Additionally, you are required to put in anywhere from 150-200 hours in to firm contributions (outside of client related work).

Advice to Senior ManagementGet away from the firm contribution!!! This should be an optional thing just like it is with other Consulting firms.

Awesome Company High Expectations

Federal Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsOutstanding benefits, pay, and time-off. Leadership really cares about the development of the younger and entry level positions. Opportunity for advancement is based on a 2 year plan and is basically an automatic promotion. Training facility and learning experiences in Texas are unbeatable. Great young work environment as well and you can move projects easily if you are not happy with your current client. Work averages about 50 hours per week.

ConsExtremely competitive and compared through rating system which reflects raises to colleagues in all aspects. Hard to keep up with client, firm, and proposal initiatives. If you are not from feeder schools i.e. Virginia Tech, UVA, JMU, etc. you will have trouble getting the major opportunities associated with the connections through alumni.

A great place to learn, grow, and excel, if that is your desire

Manager (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsExcellent people; structured career paths; great benefits and compensation; Inclusive environment is sensitive to needs

Conscan be aggressive environment with many Type As; account team politics (like anywhere) exist; matrixed environment can be complicated to manage.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not what I expected

Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

Pros40-45 hour work week, extremely impressive colleagues, great salary when compared with other entry level consulting firms, Deloitte's reputation provides great career prospects as well as job security.

ConsMediocre benefits (do not fit with the rest of Deloitte's compensation package), Government leads can be miserable at times, competition for promotion is extremely competitive.

Work with the best of the best with abuntant opportunities, but be prepaired for extra curriculars

Strategy and Operations Consultant (Former Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsAbuntant opportunities within company and client engagements.

ConsLarge portion of performance review dependant on extra curricular. Evidence of a solid org culture, but pulls away from focus on client success at times - was my reason for leaving, to contribute more to client success without distraction

An elite consulting firm.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsDeloitte doesn't focus on your title - you get more responsibility when you take it.

ConsThere is a large culture here for doing work outside of your project - "firm eminence" - that will hurt you if you don't participate. You need to spend 200+ extra hours a year working on proposals, white papers, etc.

Been very gratifying work and have met some wonderful colleagues and friends

Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsGreat career mobility and wide array of opportunities to take leadership roles

ConsVery fast-pace work environment, which requires certain personal time sacrifices

It is astounding how far you can go within this 180,000+ person company, if you have the will and ability to get there!

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Charlottesville, VA

ProsStrong degree of independence in how you get from A to B, as long as you deliver value results (value to client, or hitting agreed upon project milestones on dates agreed to).

ConsReally need to be comfortable with networking! At all levels within the company! Need to establish trust to get that initial gig, then lining up trust with resource managers for future gigs.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecent move to performance-based pay is good. However, relentless focus on "cost cutting" to improve the bottom line will rot the company out from the heart going outward...starting with sales support. Refocus on the basics like printing and design. Consider performance-based measures for sales (for service teams involved in pursuit process, and holding partners more accountable for pursuits that do not win...especially after being advised "no way in hell" will we win...

Excellent Place to Work

Manager (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsThis is truly a great place to work. This is a company that recognizes the value in it's people and ensures to invest in them in all areas (e.g. work/life balance, salary, benefits, training). Amazing career growth opportuntiies. Promotion comes when you're ready, not after someone else leaves.

ConsThe nature of the business requires it to react to client needs. At times this can result in swift changes in your work assignments.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work.

Great place to work and grow as a professional

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsFirm believes the mantra that "you are in charge of your own career" and really works with practitioners to plan an individualized path. Every project I've seen in the organization has been squarely rooted in adding value to the client - the firm seems to turn away traditional, staff augmentation work. Comp and benefits are also top notch.

ConsThe company has had significant growth in recent years, support systems are still catching up.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!