Deloitte

Deloitte Reviews in Washington, DC

Updated Jul 13, 2014

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance(in 423 reviews)

• Great place to start off your career to learn a lot of skills(in 143 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance(in 1082 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate(in 218 reviews)

262 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good people, nice offices, well defined career development model

Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Pros1) Good people - highly educated, motivated, Type A
    2) Career development model is clearly defined
    3) Offices are modern and upscale
    4) Good reputation in the industry

Cons1) Work/life balance does not exist. Too many expectations to work on weekends in addition to late night meetings and early morning meetings
    2) Travel expectations are no longer realistic; need to move to a model that requires less onsite travel for project work

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement more virtual project work. Allow project consultants to work remotely. Web meeting tools are more than effective by this point. In many cases you end up traveling to the client site then working individually anyway, causing great frustration.

Competitive pay with great benefits; lacking in work-life balance; huge company, lots of red tape

Associate (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsCompetitive pay
    Great benefits
    Good name

ConsHuge company
    Lack of work-life balance

Deloitte

ERS Consultant (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsDeloitte offers a lot of freedom which can be good or bad, depending on personality. You can customize you career and your market offerings.

ConsInitial training is poor, and internal processes will remain vague if you are not proactive or communicative.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmphasize critical processes and tools in initial training and onboarding.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Deloitte's Federal Practice is not a bad place to work.

Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsFederal Practice has decent work life balance and limited travel. Work engagements can be slow, and it can be hard to move to different projects to build up your experience and skill sets.

ConsNot Compensated as well as commercial side of the company but decently compensated. Expectations of additional work above and beyond client deliverables is a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better integration with the company as a whole.

I developed a lot of general core consulting skills, which are really just good business skills.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsI get to work with a lot of really smart and impressive people from whom I learn a lot. I am also in a position of trust with our clients that most young adults cannot achieve without a name like Deloitte behind them.

ConsYou are required to participate in Firm activities outside of client hours and you always have to be mindful of your utilization (or amount of time billable to a client).

Consultant

Consultant (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGood compensation, opportunities to work in different industries

ConsHard to build your network

Works for entry-level kids right out of school

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsAccess to information, best practices and tools.

ConsIndoctrination, brain-washing process meant to convince practitioners that Deloitte's model is the best. Individualism is strongly discouraged- you either adhere to the "model" or you are out.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have some tough competition out there, your model is not working anymore.

Friendly work environment, but vastly under paid.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat benefits and friendly work environment.

ConsVery political. The higher you are on the totem pole, the better you are treated. They tend to promote those that aren't qualified. Salary is very underwhelming considering the amount of work you have to do to get ahead.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worrying about your own bonuses and treat the workers under you better.

Sr. Associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsOpen door policy, adequate training

ConsLow Compensation,
    Employees are expected to spend a lot of time doing things that are meaningless from your job perspective.
    Very Few smart people to work and learn from..
    Entire focus is on Revenue Generation.. rather than making a mark on the industry

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation

Partner incentives at Deloitte Consulting driving "BodyShop" culture

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsDeloitte Consulting has a strong presence in the SAP space and leverages their reputation from Audit well

ConsDeloitte Consulting is the redheaded step-child of the over all Deloitte organization - given that each country is a "franchisee" there is no cross boarder collaboration which make for poor client servicing as well as countries not willing to give up revenue or trust cross boarder partners.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your Partner compensation model and deal with the bad behavior - Partners need to understand that treating resources as just another part of the deal is fertile ground for burnout and inconsistent delivery. Reputation is everything and low cost models are eroding value.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!