Deloitte

Deloitte Reviews in Washington, DC

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Deloitte CEO Joe Echevarria

Joe Echevarria

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance(in 423 reviews)

• Great place to start off your career to learn a lot of skills(in 143 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance(in 1082 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate(in 218 reviews)

447 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

OK at first.

Engineer (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsGood Benefits, lots of networking and training

ConsThey expect more from the average employee than any other defense contractor and the expectations aren't in line with what can be accomplished given market and Deloitte's parameters.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Federal Practice needs to change the business model.

Ok company- Management must care more for employees to retain talent

Specialist Senior (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsGood health and vacation benefits
    Good office culture

ConsPoor work-life balance
    No office supplies at client locations i.e. water/snacks/coffee/stationary etc.
    Parking issues/out of the pocket costs at the Deloitte offices

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to put employees first when negotiating contracts
    Match employees skills with right projects to increase their job satisfaction.
    Get rid of talent management if employees must find their own work as there is no need for talent management

Best place to start your career

Business Technology Analyst (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsDeloitte has been business school without the debt. Work hard, play hard attitude. Excellent place to start out of college for resume boost, pay grade, and to be surrounded by like-minded (and aged) professionals.

ConsWork/Life balance is difficult to maintain. Difficult to move between accounts as career progresses. Forced firm contribution (recruiting/proposals/courses) seem great, but spur several pointless workstreams which are unnecessarily funded

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Learning Opportunity

Analyst (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat experiences, lots of training in soft skills, work with very smart, motivated professionals who are constantly trying to make themselves better. People very much care about their jobs and performing well, both for their client and themselves.

Deloitte also cares a lot about their people and if you are passionate about something, they will allow you to do it.

ConsCompetitive teams. Sometimes more about who you know than anything else.

Surrounded by smart people

Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsI enjoyed working with top tier talent who cared about getting things right the first time. Advancement opportunities were available and encouraged. Excellent benefits package and vacation. Lots of programs for advancing women and networking opportunities.

ConsCan be tough to stand out. Pressure to work long hours sometimes just for the sake of showing you can...not necessarily because it was required by the workload.

rough - their federal group is young and doesn't understand how to sell to federal government easily.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Rosslyn, VA

Prosbenefits - better than any in industry

Consmy immediate leader is great but have survived a number of 'not so great managers.'

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with staff about future changes, ask for insights.

Review for Deloitte Audit (2008)

Audit Senior Associate (Former Employee) McLean, VA

Pros- Big 4 name brand
    - Opportunity to work on technical accounting issues
    - The firm pays for your CPA exam fees and prep course
    - Collegial environment compared to other Big 4

Cons- Compensation that is not commensurate for the amount of hours worked
    - Variance of engagement personnel: some managers are good, others are really bad
    - Little growth for soft skills unless you reach the manager-level

Deloitte has exceeded my expectations in regards to career growth and experiences.

Manager (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsAmazing experiences, amazing people. You will grow exponentially as compared to other organizations

ConsWork life balance sucks, very demanding, requires alot of extra time to stay on top of things

Advice to Senior ManagementWork life fit must be addressed to mitigate high turnover rate/burn out

Great Company, Requires Commitment

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsOpportunities to work on innovative and engaging projects

ConsWork/life balance isn't always easy

A lot is expected from you but you also learn on the fly and get exposed to a lot of experiences

Consultant (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsDepending on the project that you are on, you get exposed to a lot of unique project experiences and you are always expected to be a high performer and you get to really exercise your brain.

ConsFirm contribution activities and "extracurricular" events are mandatory, which can range from researching about the industry or editing word documents.

Worked for Deloitte? Contribute to the Community!