Deloitte

6,970 Reviews

Deloitte Global CEO Barry Salzberg
Barry Salzberg
1,594 Ratings

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 471 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 167 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1260 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 254 reviews)

More Highlights

511 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Risk management consultant for the federal sector

Current Employee - ERS Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - ERS Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Provides training and good experience.

Cons

The pay is more on the lower end.

Work on your compensation for those who don't match to their peers or even this site.

Same people who ruined Bearing Point still work here

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good name to your resume, they can easily match whatever salary requirements you requested

Cons

They people are the major cons. It's a politically charged environment of idiots who lie on reviews when they have to, old people who should retire already, and young people who are trying to desperately to move up the ladder. It's a terrible environment to exist and you are ranked against your peers instead of your performance. I had a career counselor who was an idiot that never paid attention to me. I had a manager who just flat out lied to clients and employees and a talent staffing lady who tried to match me to positions I had no previous experience with. It's a stupid environment to work in and anyone who is talented leaves.

Leave the company, you are what's wrong with Deloitte Federal consulting

If you know what is best for you do not work here for any reason period.

Current Employee - Specialist Master in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Specialist Master in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Can't think of one, oh they hired me. Worked there 5 years.

Cons

Full of discriminating folks especially in HR towards folks not in HR, you have to wonder how this happens. They do hire veterans but do not count on any assistance or understanding if you have a military related disability. Just a terrible place to work, do not believe all the hype they will feed you. You will regret it if you quit your current job to go there so please learn from my mistake and stay far away from them. Wish you the best of luck.

An excellent career choice for an aspiring partner

Current Employee - Specialist Leader in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Specialist Leader in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Deloitte is a partnership. The culture and incentives of a partnership are very different from that of a corporate environment. You will be required to build the skills that will make you a business partner (communication, flexibility, diversity of thought and skills, planning, sales, engagement delivery). But it's also in every partners' best interest to grow more partners, so you'll find a mentoring/apprenticeship culture. The Firm has, in recent years, become even more aware and encouraging of work-life fit, though the experience varies greatly within the Firm.

Cons

Like many professional services firms, Deloitte will consume you if you allow it. Individuals who do not do well in setting and managing boundaries experience burn out, and there won't be many people (if anyone) to stop this from happening.

Solid first job out of school and got me into the MBA program I wanted to go to.

Former Employee - HRT Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - HRT Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of great people working there, and for the most part there is a very collaborative culture.
    PTO/benefits package was pretty great (20 days PTO with up to 5 weeks carrying-over).
    Depends on experience, but I was not really forced onto any projects I did not want and I was able to pick what opportunities/engagements I wanted to work on.
    I was able to find several good mentors within the firm that helped me navigate my career and my away around the company.

Cons

They do not treat experienced hires well (especially junior staff). Unless you negotiate well, you will be routinely making anywhere from 10% - 25% less than people at your level (including people with less experience).

The amount of time they expect you to put into internal Practice Development work (not including 40 hours of training) is extremely frustrating, given how many of the efforts bring the firm no value and are literally just reduplicating ongoing efforts or something that has been done by firm practitioners in the past.

You are either all-in on Deloitte or you are not. They force the brand on you at all times.

experience can differ greatly depending on client and engagement team

Current Employee - ERS Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - ERS Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-consistent training programs
    -mandatory goal setting and well-established metrics
    -fitness stipend

Cons

-poor raises
    -poor work life balance
    -if you're in the federal practice it's very hard to switch clients

Great career starter

Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time

Pros

Reasonable pay. Great People. Collaborative work environment. The people at all levels of the firm are generally all amazing. Work hard play harder!!

Cons

Horrible work/life balance. The amount of work required outside of client work can be overwhelming. People often find themselves working when they get home or even weekends.

Eliminate firm initiatives!!! Improve pay!!

Great Company, but don't be naïve.

Former Employee - Audit Assistant in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Audit Assistant in McLean, VA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are intelligent, and you will learn a great deal in a very short amount of time. A wild ride that is quite enjoyable. Large company with awesome resources. Excellent to have on your resume.

Cons

You have to always cover your own behind, because that is top priority for everyone else. If its you or them, lets just say its going to be you.

Great People and Great Work

Current Employee - Consultant - Strategy & Operations in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant - Strategy & Operations in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flat organization, lots of really smart, really great people, leadership is very personable, a ton of opportunities to join high-visibility projects, opportunities to lead.

Cons

The work-life balance here isn't the greatest (you work 40 hours some weeks, and 65+ other weeks), compensation structures is really frustrating, you don't have time to use all your vacation days.

Give better base raises and focus less on bonuses.

Work/Life balance still a major challenge at Deloitte.

Current Employee - Specialist Leader in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Specialist Leader in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Light on Bureaucracy, flat/matrix organization, progressive approach to consulting.

Cons

High pressure to support client and contribute significantly to proposals. Internal expectations constantly infringe on nights and weekends.

Need to build dedicated proposal teams to release pressure from team.