Deloitte

6,800 Reviews

Deloitte Global CEO Barry Salzberg
Barry Salzberg
1,530 Ratings

Pros
  • There are options for partial telecommuting which contributes to work/life balance (in 460 reviews)

• Great place to start your career as a recent graduate who is looking for experience (in 165 reviews)

Cons
  • As per me not a long term career option for people who give imp to work life balance (in 1227 reviews)

• Literally no work life balance(Or No life only work) as a Center associate (in 251 reviews)

More Highlights

289 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

They will teach you marketable skills, but don't expect them to let you manage your own career.

Current Employee - Federal Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Federal Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Compensation is good, training is good, promotions are clear-ish, overall you'll learn, but you'll want to get out after a year or two.

Cons

I've spent a considerable amount of time growing my network, building my expertise, and finding projects that match my skill set, interests, and benefit the firm. When it came down to it, however, and I was offered a fantastic project opportunity that management would not let me pursue. In order to succeed here and get where you want you need to screw people over and that simply doesn't match my values. I'm very disappointed with Deloitte because I believe that the firm and it's people have a lot of potential.

Practice what you preach. If you tell us that we can 'manage our own career' then let us do that when the opportunities arise. Don't be a hypocrite and force your employees to work against one another in order to get ahead.

associate

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good salary but you will like ti

Cons

hash management team but sometime good

Surrounded by smart people

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working with top tier talent who cared about getting things right the first time. Advancement opportunities were available and encouraged. Excellent benefits package and vacation. Lots of programs for advancing women and networking opportunities.

Cons

Can be tough to stand out. Pressure to work long hours sometimes just for the sake of showing you can...not necessarily because it was required by the workload.

Deloitte has exceeded my expectations in regards to career growth and experiences.

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing experiences, amazing people. You will grow exponentially as compared to other organizations

Cons

Work life balance sucks, very demanding, requires alot of extra time to stay on top of things

Work life fit must be addressed to mitigate high turnover rate/burn out

A lot is expected from you but you also learn on the fly and get exposed to a lot of experiences

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on the project that you are on, you get exposed to a lot of unique project experiences and you are always expected to be a high performer and you get to really exercise your brain.

Cons

Firm contribution activities and "extracurricular" events are mandatory, which can range from researching about the industry or editing word documents.

Excessive hiring from one country

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can't find much pros as the company culture is heavily changing to a particular south Asian country. It is a bizarre environment under the direction of current chief.

Cons

Long term degradation of an American enterprise. It is sad that you can circumvent hiring practices to favor one particular country and dilute branding.

I would not want to be a part of this culture anymore. Ask the co levels and you will find out that they view Deloitte heading into the same direction as Accenture, IBM!

Remove and centralize hiring within proper geography or insert critical reviews to question talent search, on boarding and retention.

Great Learning Opportunity

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great experiences, lots of training in soft skills, work with very smart, motivated professionals who are constantly trying to make themselves better. People very much care about their jobs and performing well, both for their client and themselves.

Deloitte also cares a lot about their people and if you are passionate about something, they will allow you to do it.

Cons

Competitive teams. Sometimes more about who you know than anything else.

Great place to start your career.

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to start your career. You get a lot of exposure to clients and different groups, if you are lucky. It looks great on your resume. Federal sector can offer great work and life balance with pretty stable hours.

Cons

Deloitte Consulting, even the Federal Practice, attributes little value to a non-MBA/MPA type degrees. Advanced degrees are not valued and are significantly under-compensated compared to MBAs (almost doubly so).

Get more technical know-how on your teams.

Great Place to Start, Not for Long Term Employment

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Deloitte full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best parts about working for Deloitte are the benefits and training you receive. The value of the brand on your resume are also fantastic for leveraging future opportunities.

Cons

The cons really depend on which service line you work in and location.Work-life balance is tough, especially certain times of the year. I found there are so many layers of review on any client deliverable - even the partners and principals have to have a concurring reviewer sign off on their stuff - that there's limited growth in personal responsibility leading to loss of confidence in individual abilities.

Infuse a sense of why the work you do is important into your employees.

Great opportunities to work with skilled professionals and get access to interesting clients

Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Strong leadership, fun culture, you own your career, and there are opportunities to explore any interest

Cons

Hard to find a work-life balance, competitive, we have plenty of time off but no one takes it