Delphi

Delphi Reviews

Updated Mar 30, 2014

Delphi President, CEO, COO, and Director Rodney O'Neal

Rodney O'Neal

Pros:
  • "Work life balance , learning depending upon the project you land up"
    in 26 reviews
  • "Good work environment, no pressure, good for new ideas and experiment, work standards on par with global standards"
    in 14 reviews
Cons:
  • "Chapter 11 headcount reductions of experienced people went too far and execution is failing"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Upper management seemed to be rather cold and uncaring"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

It was a great place to get my feet wet for a testing facility

Test Engineer (Current Employee)
West Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Delphi part-time for less than a year

ProsTeam Work and Music was great.

ConsEvery day seems the same.

Happy about the current condition.

I have been working at Delphi full-time for more than 10 years

ProsI like the company culture - people care.

ConsNot lean enough, too many layers.

10 years of challenging work

Product Engineer (Former Employee)
Rochester, NY

I worked at Delphi full-time for more than 8 years

ProsPeople are wonderful to work with. They try to help in any way they can. Seemed to try to improve the processes that they were using so they were more effective and they were open to some change.

ConsUsed a lot of antiquated technology and had very little IT support so most employees had to figure it out on their own which seemed like a less than ideal use of resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to see more of an investment in the future of the company.

Uncaring management working towards individual careers

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Delphi full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDifficult to mention anything you could be proud of working for Delphi.

ConsNot a team culture. Individuals working for their personal benefit. Their are no entrepreneurs in this company. No culture of true business management. If your area of resposibility loses money and does not make budget, no problem, as long as you are on THE LIST.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe low approval rating of the CEO tells the whole story

Not a good employer anymore

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Delphi full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood, intelligent co-workers. Some very intelligent people still employed there.

ConsSalary increases below industry average, when they are given at all. As of late, if you're over 50 years old look out- you are most likely to soon be looking for a new job (you are "too expensive" and may push insurance costs up due to your age)! Experience and performance don't seem to hold much weight; advanced degrees are given much more consideration. Not many new, exciting/interesting opportunities due to lost business and/or the inability to staff (or even quote) new business. Management is, most often, top down and their compensation is excessive given their performance and their ability to grow the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire; put new management in-place that can grow the business. Treat your employees better (compensation, their ideas/feedback) and stop treating them like human capital. Stop recruiting/hiring minorities with green cards that all too often do not "work out" and require too much time from experienced employees to train them. Make real investments to grow your existing employees instead of using them to train new and inexperienced employees (which may take the existing employee's job later!). Yes, we lower-level employees do see this and know what you are doing!

Systems Engineer

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Delphi full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDelphi allows employees to work flex time. Of course that also requires that you work from home at all hours of the day. Good co-workers

ConsManagement only interested in enriching themselves. Outsourcing. Forced do to much more with less people

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about the people instead of your wallets. The company is not committed to its employees ove r the long term. How can you expect us to be dedicated?

In my experience at Delphi I had the opportunity to learn and grow in several technical and managerial fields.

Project, Process, Product, Facilities & Test Engineer, Move Manager (Former Employee)
Flint, MI

I worked at Delphi full-time for more than 10 years

ProsDelphi had methods, procedures and systems in place to maximize productivity though at times it seemed cumbersome. My experience since leaving Delphi has revealed how well organized they were.

ConsI'm not sure what the culture is like today but I've found cons are directly related to the market environment. Delphi's downsizing that resulted from several factors was stressful for many. Again, I can't speak to the current state.

Advice to Senior ManagementServe the business (the people) and not the dollar.

Great People and Experience

Senior Manufacturing Engineer II (Former Employee)

ProsGreat People
Variety of experiences and opportunities

Consexecutive staff has become uninterested in thier people

Advice to Senior ManagementInternational Company with no real base will not last

Aggressive market, but well positioned for future growth

Operations Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Delphi full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGeneral stability of the automotive industry over the long term. Overall strength of Delphi versus competitors. Delphi is position for future growth due to the products that it has in the market and its diverse product portfolio.

ConsVery aggressive business model in the automotive parts industry. Very tight margins across many products requires tough choices to ensure that profit margins continue to improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter significant restructuring that has made Delphi lean and aggressive... shift to a long term view of the company and work on continue building Delphi's strong base.

Heading in the Wrong Direction

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Delphi full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood people, interesting work, company that has potential.

ConsPoor managment, reactionary rather than strategic, poor work life balance, low or no pay increases and incentive compensation if you are not an executive, reduced benefits following bankruptcy e.g.reduced vacation, fewer folidays,

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worrying about your own compensation package (which in many cases is excessive) and start paying attention to the business, to the employees and to the tasks at hand or this company will rapidly decline.

Worked for Delphi? Contribute to the Community!

Delphi Videos

Delphi – Why Work for Us?

Company Stats: • 160,000 people globally • Operating in 32 countries with major operations in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Luxembourg, Mexico, Poland and the U.S. • Driving Global Innovation in Close… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Delphi reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Delphi CEO Rodney O'Neal. All 305 reviews posted anonymously by Delphi employees.