Delphi

Delphi Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Delphi President, CEO, COO, and Director Rodney O'Neal

Rodney O'Neal

Pros
  • Work life balance , learning depending upon the project you land up(in 31 reviews)

• Good work environment, no pressure, good for new ideas and experiment, work standards on par with global standards(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Company was pretty unstable during the chapter 11(in 12 reviews)

• In the rapidly-changing automotive industry, if you are not working on key products, it is easy to be redundant(in 11 reviews)

coop program at delphi

Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Kokomo, IN

ConsLacking in management. The work is slow in comparison to tech companies.

Summer internship at Delphi (Auburn Hills Campus)

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsDelphi assigns high priority and must-ship features to the interns. The intern program, although new, is strong and improving every year. Delphi is positioned to be successful in the future and the internship program they have reflects their desire to search for the best candidates.

ConsManagement is lacking, although they did just finish a reorg so there will be a few years of ramp up before the company will regain it's full productivity. The work is slow in comparison to tech companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementHad a recent reorg, no comment.

stressful

Senior Product Engineer (Former Employee) Saginaw, MI

ProsChallenging projects. Interesting portfolio. Most employees are easy to work with. Room for growth. A wide variety of training available. Will pay for classes towards a degree if related to job description.

Consoffice culture. Not a good home/work balance. Low moral. "Them and us" attitude between salary and hourly employees. Constant pressure to cut costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees with families are an asset not a liability

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have had a very fulfilling experience at Delphi.

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Kokomo, IN

ProsThe people at Delphi are wonderful to work with, and there are always some very exciting innovations taking place. Delphi provides benefits to all its full-time employees and provides training to keep employees up-to-date on safety and new technology. Many employees have families and healthy work-life balances. Also, it is a global company, so there are plenty of opportunities to travel.

ConsAs a younger member of the professional community, I would like to see a more aesthetically pleasing work environment. The company provides suitable work equipment, but the cubicle walls look a bit outdated; it's basically just your average office, so a nice change to stand out would be nice.

Started working when it was a GM owned company.

Component Engineer (Former Employee) Lockport, NY

ProsIf you are willing to work hard for descendent pay in Western New York, Delphi was is good partner. Nice work/life balance. Having the Union there kept management in line and made sure we were paid fairly and got the rights we deserved.

ConsCompany was pretty unstable during the chapter 11. Management seemed distant since it became part of GM again. Had to go toe to toe with managers at times. Union guys were made to feel like we were the enemy.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat Union workers better.

A company on a downward slide into obsolescence.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Kokomo, IN

ProsDiverse employment opportunities and a broad product line.

ConsTerrible upper management. Management practices during past several years have sapped the money out of the lower level workers and transferred it to the pockets of the Corporate staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your job keeps you in meetings all day and you do not interface with the "cubicle workers" on a daily basis, then you are contributing nothing to the company and you should leave.

Lots of Upheaval!

Engineering Manager (Former Employee) Kokomo, IN

ProsThe company provided significant opportunities to grow and diversify job positions when the auto economy was strong.

ConsAs the overall economy weakened and specifically the automotive market fell off - There were significant downsizing and reductions in workforce - requiring the remaining team members to pick up those responsibilities in addition to their previous assignments.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a vision, become a part of the team, and lead them to where the company needs to go. Many hands make light work!

Global Tier 1 Automotive Supplier

SAP Business Process (Former Employee) Troy, MI

ProsChallenging supply chain with true international reach internal plants, distribution centers, subcontract and parts suppliers. Deep and broad Bills of Materials. If you enjoy analytical challenges this is a great environment.

ConsWhile I was there chapter 11 and a declining US automotive industry put stress on people and the overall organization. It is a tribute to the people there that they responded well to save their own and their neighbors jobs. The company has been restructured and has a positive future ahead.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember all organizations are just groups of people until they share the vision and have the tools and knowledge to execute it... then they are a team. I think Delphi management actually fills this role well.

Student Intern Review

ProsProfessional, Global experience, Strong brand

ConsOld company culture, lack energy like Hitech companies

Good place, good people

Prosgood smart humble people to work with
    Lay back environment
    cool projects in hybrid cars, active safety and entertainment

Conscold weather in Indiana
    No pride in company
    decisions made with short term financial goals as priority
    lack of resources for technology development

Advice to Senior ManagementMotivate people and fund research projects

Worked for Delphi? Contribute to the Community!