Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Delta Air Lines CEO and Director Richard H. Anderson

Richard H. Anderson

Pros
  • Flight Benefits- Every employee gets standby travel with discounts on confirmed travel(in 125 reviews)

• The benefits are great, of you have a language or are willing to fly as lead the shifts are good(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Advancement rate is extremely slow, you will be part time for years before full time is available(in 18 reviews)

• The airline industry isn't what it used to be(in 17 reviews)

207 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Passive-Aggressive Company Culture

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIf you start at the ground floor and work your way up, there are a lot of opportunities at Delta. They take great pride in promoting from within.

ConsEmployees joining at mid to upper levels of management seem to have a hard time moving further up. There's a lot of the 'good old boy' network at Delta (which makes sense given their southern roots).

Also, I noticed a lot of 'passive-aggressive' managers while I was there. They'd be sweet as a Southern Peach to your face, but stab you in the back the first chance they got if they thought it would help them out.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile people joining from outside the company may not have worked their way up through the ranks, they still may have a lot of useful insights and ideas. If Delta can find a way to combine those with experienced people it'll go a long way toward making the company a more rewarding place to work.

I LOVE EVERY SECOND OF IT!

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe benefits, the people and the travel.

ConsYour work schedule the first year will be crazy work schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Leadership with tremendous vision

Project Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat place to work, huge possibility to grow

ConsLow salary, few minority in leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign non AMT salaries on industry

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Delta is a great company to work for...

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe hours are flexible. You can swap a lot of your days around. You travel for free and the company is very driven to provide a great work environment for its employees; great perks.

ConsIt can be a bit challenging moving up in the company. You must network a lot. You can feel a bit trapped in your position if you don't really work hard to move up

Company Review , this is a solid company with room for advance to many different fields within the company.

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThere are a plethora of benefits within Delta such as free traveling for you and your family, Medical, Retirement benefits and pension, 401K match program, vacation days and sick pay. Benefits for same sex partner such as free travel and medical, etc. There are many cities around the country that you can work from.

ConsYou are gone from 10 days a month for more senior Flight attendants to 20 days a month for new hires. There are also times when you sit at the airport and wait for a sick call and then they can send you anywhere in the world that Delta flies. You can be gone from home from one day to 9 days in a row.You do not always have a choice on where they send you. Non- union airline.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

It was a great 30 years

Coordinator (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsOnce you finish your first year, the raises are easier to come by. Do your research before putting in for a job. Make sure you know who you will be working for and with. Network and get to know people so you have better opportunities to get the job you put in for. Once you get the job do the best you can do and help your co-workers.

ConsThe flight privileges are not what they used to be. It is very hard to get on flights for free.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your employees in the loop.

Awesome place to work

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFlexible hours, always a new day at the job, travel benefits, meeting new people everyday,flexible schedule,great days off.

Consreserve call and 24 hour being on call, pension stopped

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing great job

This was a wonderful working experience, my co-workers were dedicated to their jobs.

Senior Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsDelta Airlines is a highly motivated travel industry where the customer comes first!

ConsSome of the downsides were working with disconnected passengers who had missed their flights.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is always keep enough staff to work disconnected passengers.

A place to build an interesting career and a company with long-term strategy set for success

Project Leader (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAs a professional seeking growth: 1) challenging industry where the only constant is change 2) a multi-faceted business ranging from airport operations, marketing, revenue management... to operations control, in-flight service, etc. - a multitude of career opportunities 3) as a rule, very experienced and interesting people of all backgrounds/ ages 4) at the headquarters, opportunities for visibility and a feeling of a flat organization - ability to reach to and hear from the leadership 5) a company that turned itself around and continues to differentiate itself from the competition - CEO and the C-suite are steering the ship in the right direction!

As a human being who wants to have work-life balance: 1) Delta leaders have family values thus long hours at work are an exception not an expectation 2) ATL campus has a new gym, a car wash, health clinic / pharmacy, credit union branch, cafeterias 3) all employees receive profit sharing $$$ when co. makes a profit 4) Delta Perks - an employee site with tons of discounts 5) Free travel and nearly free for family + buddy passes - I can't stress this one enough - it's the jealousy of my friends :) - I am able to come to the airport and go...anywhere...no advance planning required - think of it as a big bonus to an average pay 6) online rewards tool to nominate a fellow employee for a job well done and for that employee to receive recognition and points exchanged for products/services, etc.

ConsThis is a big 80,000+ company - expect divisional miscommunications and some red tape. Not all managers are top talent, and it can take long for other leaders to realize and make organizational changes. It is also easy to feel like a needle in a haystack and question how much difference you really make - when this happens, it may be time to transition to another department - if a door is closed, there will always be a window.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate innovations from within to all employees (and reward them) - employee suggested improvements aren't celebrated enough; Contribute to the scholarship fund - there is not even a $5K scholarship - do you know how much college costs nowadays? :)

Poor opinion at first, but under Richard Anderson leadership, I've seen great improvements over a short peiord of time.

Principal Engineer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSenior leadership has improved greatly under Richard Anderson. Flexible work hours and pay has increase to industry standards. Great gyms have been added to improve employees health and reduce health care cost.

ConsRetirement plan has been reduced to only a few options with very little track record, making it a crap shoot on selections.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood leadership is needed in middle management. We stil have poor leadership in the middle ranks.

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!