Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Delta Air Lines CEO and Director Richard H. Anderson

Richard H. Anderson

Pros
  • Flight Benefits- Every employee gets standby travel with discounts on confirmed travel(in 125 reviews)

• The benefits are great, of you have a language or are willing to fly as lead the shifts are good(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Advancement rate is extremely slow, you will be part time for years before full time is available(in 18 reviews)

• The airline industry isn't what it used to be(in 17 reviews)

207 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company at the top of the industry. This company shares a great culture combined with competitive pay.

Senior Revenue Management Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFlight Benefits- Every employee gets standby travel with discounts on confirmed travel
    Culture- Your coworkers help each other and support each other
    Work/Life Balance

ConsPay- The pay is below what you may be able to make out in the marketplace in another industry
    Very Large Company (80,000) employees
    Lots of middle-management

Advice to Senior ManagementFlatten the organization

Great Company

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat company offer lots of benefits. They promote from within!!

ConsNo Vacation days you must swap and sometimes that is difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote RR who have outside experience to management positions. View all their work history and take into consideration for management jobs

My experience was overall good, however it's a huge company with many departments.

Co-Op Student (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsTravel benefits
    Overall friendly team members

ConsNot enough time to enjoy travel benefits

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No more Delta as we knew it

Information Technology (Former Employee) Hapeville, GA

ProsGreat benefits, good salaries, used to work with great people

ConsNew Northwest management has busted up a great thing. All about advancing Northwest folks. Sadly it's now about money and power. Don't turn your back.. It's now Northwest hiding behind Delta's good name/brand.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comment

Delta/NWA Blending

Scheduler (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsProud to work for a worldwide airline and in an ever-changing industry.

ConsFor the most part there were little consideration given to Northwest employees and the systems we had in place which made Northwest and ultimately Delta a international competitor. Many of the Northwest managers and administrative staff were nudged out with downsizing and a passive aggressive and unprofessional treatment. Not willing to adapt and work as a team. Pay was not equitable to Northwest personnel at the time of the merger. We had to prove ourselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an open-mind to experienced personnel, open communication through the ranks, use common sense and change the "good ol' boys" attitude toward career advancement for everyone.

Great Co-Op Learning Experience for College Students

Co-Op Student (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCompany is performing better than ever, Opportunities for interns/co-ops to work on real projects and shine

ConsCo-workers within headquarters can sometimes be much older and hard to connect with, Delta sometimes has a very slow way of going about business that can be frustrating, Didn't really see how I would progress through my career if I chose to come back for full time

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more of a fast paced and demanding work environment within headquarters

Great place to work i love my job

Senior QA Management (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosflight benefits are excellent great place to be

Conslong hours away from home

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work.

Great benefits but management needs to reward and promote based on ability and not who you know.

Specialist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsNot a stressful environment. Good work life balance.

ConsPolitics and who you know will dictate your future career growth.

It was exciting and something different everyday

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsOnce given an assignment seeking out the resolution if there was a problem.

ConsSome people do not work as a team.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorked well with upper management.

Nice place to work

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsVery well trained staff and excellent aircraft fleet.

ConsTraining was very thorough, but I had to pay my way through it. The cost was tough since I was technically not employed by Delta and I would not be able to work while I was in training.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing chosen as a flight attendant, I would have had a better experience if the company would have provided some kind of training salary. We ended up with many people in our class that were still being supported by their parents. When we started working, we had no training for the day to day operations.

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!