Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Delta Air Lines CEO and Director Richard H. Anderson

Richard H. Anderson

Pros
  • Flight Benefits- Every employee gets standby travel with discounts on confirmed travel(in 125 reviews)

• The benefits are great, of you have a language or are willing to fly as lead the shifts are good(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Advancement rate is extremely slow, you will be part time for years before full time is available(in 18 reviews)

• The airline industry isn't what it used to be(in 17 reviews)

Great place to work!

Reservation Sales Agent (Current Employee) Sioux City, IA

ProsGreat management,great people,excellent wage and benefits.

ConsCould be stressful at times.Wish they were still here. Closed the office 2012,but did offer great transfer options to those who could go. Also great buy out with the company inc. 5 years of flight benefits. I would recommend it to anyone who is able to operate in a call center environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Not Exactly a Transparent Process

Flight Attendant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlight benefits, life insurance, Fed Ex discount, fun job

ConsNecessity for crash pads, Commuting to and from base cities can be extremely stressful.

Fun, great experience for new pilots of 737

737 Pilot (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosthe schedules, the people, the aircraft, the flight attendants, pay

Consnot much, the lifestyle sometimes

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You hire for the Flight benefits, and stay for pretty much that

Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFree flying anywhere Delta flys in the USA
    Only taxes paid when flying international
    Easy to relocate and live in different states

ConsThe pay
    Pretty crappy management
    Unrealistic demands
    Unrealistic time lines
    Extreme work conditions
    Inadequate amount of employees and equipment

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your employees. I have been in multiple stations coast to coast, and the same communication problem exists. Also the politics is more then average, there's a reason why some stations have a revolving door

Cargo Customer Service

Cargo Customer Service (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros+ Take advantage of senior-level apathy and tell them you want to learn their post. Pretty soon you can fill in many positions and that doesn't hurt overall (in a life-long learning kind of way)
    + Depending on the station manager, you can get access to training and certifications like Six Sigma, explosive trace detection et al., which can help you transition to another position within the industry
    + Travel benefits are good, ask the seasoned folks for tips... or just go straight into it and call it an adventure

Cons+ Senior cargo agents are obviously ready to retire but you may still be able to distill some nuggets of wisdom
    + A major corp, they are slow to move on things that do not immediately impact their bottom line

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're out of luck senior management. Unless your salary is in the upper six figures or your role directly impacts passenger-side operations, do not count on any significant changes... oh. sorry. Its a stagnant dinosaur. Get out as soon as you can.

Reservations and group sales, ticketing and marketing

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) Washington, DC

Prosgreat salary in the 80s, great friends, had the ability to travel. the best sales training - I still use some of what I learned then today....30plus years later.

Conspromotions were hard to get, getting to 'stations' - airport customer service jobs was tough. Monitoring was hard to take sometimes.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat employees as you would be treated....mentor more.

Excellent pilot career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat company to work for.

ConsAll positive for Delta Airlines

Great

Line Technician (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat pay. Reduced rate travel

ConsShift work. Off days

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more paid sick time

Great company made up of great people

IT Engineer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat people that take pride in their work, flight benefits, pride related to Delta's place in aviation history, healthy work/life balance, good pay and benefits.

ConsThere was lots of bureaucracy and it was slow sometimes to get some things moving - that could sometimes be very frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget the ones on the ground - they are Delta Air Lines to our customers.

Flight benefits make hard days worth it. I have been with the company for 7+.

ProsFlight benefits, reasonable pay, raises

ConsWorkday is dependent on the weather, even a freak storm in another state can ruin your day.

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!