Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Delta Air Lines CEO and Director Richard H. Anderson

Richard H. Anderson

Pros
  • Flight Benefits- Every employee gets standby travel with discounts on confirmed travel (in 127 reviews)

• The benefits are great, of you have a language or are willing to fly as lead the shifts are good (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Advancement rate is extremely slow, you will be part time for years before full time is available (in 18 reviews)

• The airline industry isn't what it used to be (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

Ramp Agent - Ready Reserve (Current Employee)

ProsHigh starting wage for entry level job. I can only speak for my station, but my co-workers look out for each other and are willing to switch shifts on a moment notice. Great flight benefits, vacation, medical.... great culture.

ConsMy station seems chronically understaffed, which requires us to scramble at times on the ramp, which may cause unsafe actions. Safety is purported as paramount, but we are forced to cut corners to push planes out on time.

Gate agent/ticketing

Customer Service Agent (Ready Reserve) (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsBeing a gate agent is interesting work, most employees are helpful. The flight benefits are good free domestic travel, reduced cost for confirm and international travel. Delta perks are helpful. Some red coats and performance leaders are helpful. If you can avoid the drama this is a good place to work.

ConsSalary is low for ready reserves no benefits and you have to struggle to find double partners. If you are new you get five day schedule working five days a week if you cannot trade you cannot travel. Some regular employees do not like ready reserve employees and they do not treat you good. Some red coats are high strung and do not know how to talk to employees and customers. Some performance leaders do not show as much interest as others do in retaining the new employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to merge the ready reserves into the culture of the operation without creating an environment or resentment. Ready reserve should be paid for holidays like most of the rest of the working world. Based on hours worked the ready reserve employees should get vacation time and try to have more schedules for them with more days off to retain the ready reserve workforce.

Overall good experience but you should place a high value on flight benefits to work at Delta.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsCEO is best in the business, culture is improving, Delta is working hard to improve the customer experience and should be an industry leader for the foreseeable future

Conspromotions are difficult, especially in MN. Difficult to keep quality employees in certain frontline positions.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Airline to Work With

Cabin Ops Support Engineer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe Leadership seems motivated to make Delta Air Lines the best airline out there. Working on the passenger cabin, we are emphasized on delivering the best product to our customers. The flight is also a plus, although some routes can be a little tricky to get to. Delta has a good culture and clear mission each year.

ConsDelta does not sponsor international students, but if you are on OPT or CPT, do not hesitate to apply.

Best Airline to work for

Flight Attendant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat benefits, 6 reserve days a month from hire, top rate pay for industry with out a union!

ConsI can not think of any

One of the best companies I have ever worked for in my life.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCommitment to customers, employees and investors is reinforced daily by determined employees to provide the best experience to their passengers despite the challenges of unpredictability inherrent in this industry. I received ongoing training and support from management which allowed me to succeed in my position. I was continually given opportunities to advance. I would work at Delta again in a heart beat if I could find a position where I live currently. Delta employees are wonderful. Oh, and the benefits are fantastic.

ConsI moved and my office was too far to commute or I would still be working for Delta.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your employees, Keep Climbing.

Excellent Work Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFlight Benefits, Professional Environment, Great place to work. Work Life Balance is just awesome

ConsLess salary, but compensated by the flight benefits

One of The best companies you can work for

Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood salary, good environment, friendly, exceptional city ATL

ConsYou might start at a shop before going to Line Maintenance

Lots of changes over the years

Senior Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsJob security, excellent training, benefits

ConsRotating shifts, lack of personal growth, strange shift hours, one benefit: flying space available - is not longer a good benefit since flights are always full. My pay was all over the map and the company contributions to my 401K were changed to Delta stock. When we went through bankruptcy the stock bottomed out - all the match was gone.
    I took an early retirement package in early 2006

Great experience with interacting with passengers from all over the world.

Customer Service Agent (CSA) (Current Employee) Queens Village, NY

ProsFlight benefits, meeting new people

ConsVariety of different shift times are limited and based on seniority

Advice to Senior ManagementMore over time for part time associates

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!