Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Delta Air Lines CEO and Director Richard H. Anderson

Richard H. Anderson

Pros
  • Flight Benefits- Every employee gets standby travel with discounts on confirmed travel(in 125 reviews)

• The benefits are great, of you have a language or are willing to fly as lead the shifts are good(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • Advancement rate is extremely slow, you will be part time for years before full time is available(in 18 reviews)

• The airline industry isn't what it used to be(in 17 reviews)

excellent

Ramp Agent - Ready Reserve (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

Prosthe people are fun to work with great enviroment

Conssometimes difficult gettin g shift trades

excellent company to work for

Ramp Agent (Former Employee) Greenville, SC

Prosits a company that takes care of their employees and treats them as family, great benefets.

Consi had no challenges when working for Delta, i enjoyed workinged working.

Overall it was a great experience

Customer Service (Former Employee) Hebron, KY

Prosthe flight benefits were nice, good insurance was offerd, the opportunity for personal growth were good, compensation was adequate, promotions were available with hard work

ConsIt was extremely difficult to continually work nights, weekends and working most holidays. Irate customers were often when flights were oversold or there were irregular operations. Passengers did not have flexibility and they would often take it out on agents.

Advice to Senior Managementadd more incentives

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Contract Business Analyst

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Eagan, MN

ProsGood project methodologies, smart people, fair compensation and a strong work ethic are common. The project teams have a good mix of skills and experience.

ConsOffice Politics are always a challenge in a large company and Delta is no different. Sometimes people play power games instead of focusing on the work to be done.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is for the most part very cool and competent.

Great opportunity to work on exciting projects but difficult to move upward.

ProsIf you like the airline industry, it gives you an amazing opportunity to work in a complicated and challenging environment. The company is pushing new technology and is focused on the customer experience. The flight benefits keep everyone at the company! Extremely accepting culture and a long history of fantastic philanthropic work throughout the world, not just in Atlanta (HQ).

ConsExtremely political, overly corporate and difficult to get promoted. Meetings about having meetings, writing one deck after another. There is not a clear career path which frustrates most employees. Compensation is not on par with other industries which is supposedly countered with the travel benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvocate for your team and help with career growth/advice.

Great company to work for!

Managing Director (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLove the company and the culture, Fair pay, Excellent travel benefits, involved leadership, lots of upward potential.

ConsIt;s the airline industry and it's subject to lot of economic shocks. Good times may turn on a dime.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to the employees.

Alot of benefits....

Ramp Agent (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosyou get pay raises every year, as well as an abundance of discounts with other companies. They are always looking to promote from within....You fly free as well as your immediate family(spouse,parents,etc..). easy to pick up overtime if in hub station

ConsIts hard to transfer to other cites unless its a hub station.

The benefits are key

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsNever discount non revenue travel. Working in reservations and some creative problem solving will prevent you from ever getting stuck. The ability to swap shifts is incredibly convenient, you can schedule a vacation for yourself without using personal time. PTO is available in hourly increments. There are work from home options too!

ConsThis is a huge company and while the perks are there, you are pretty much an employee number. Management caries more about their team's metrics than the individuals on the team. The tail wags the dog.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management is doing a fantastic job growing the company, but there is a serious disconnect between entry level positions and their respective managers. Leads in res and Red Coats seem to be the only ones who understand the day to day.

good

Airline Pilot (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosgood ppl at delta Air Lines

Consits at the airport in Atlanta

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more pilots at the airport.

Best company I've worked for

Customer Service Agent (CSA) (Current Employee)

ProsGreat flight benefits, opportunity to travel the world. A ceo that cares about his employees and our passengers. Great financial incentives such as profit sharing

ConsThe ready reserve program I feel causes Delta to lose a lot of potential talent

Advice to Senior ManagementDo away with ready reserve and have full and part time employees

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!