Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Delta Air Lines CEO and Director Richard H. Anderson

Richard H. Anderson

Pros
  • Flight Benefits- Every employee gets standby travel with discounts on confirmed travel(in 127 reviews)

• The benefits are great, of you have a language or are willing to fly as lead the shifts are good(in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • Advancement rate is extremely slow, you will be part time for years before full time is available(in 18 reviews)

• The airline industry isn't what it used to be(in 17 reviews)

One of The best companies you can work for

Aircraft Technician (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood salary, good environment, friendly, exceptional city ATL

ConsYou might start at a shop before going to Line Maintenance

Lots of changes over the years

Senior Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsJob security, excellent training, benefits

ConsRotating shifts, lack of personal growth, strange shift hours, one benefit: flying space available - is not longer a good benefit since flights are always full. My pay was all over the map and the company contributions to my 401K were changed to Delta stock. When we went through bankruptcy the stock bottomed out - all the match was gone.
    I took an early retirement package in early 2006

Great experience with interacting with passengers from all over the world.

Customer Service Agent (CSA) (Current Employee) Queens Village, NY

ProsFlight benefits, meeting new people

ConsVariety of different shift times are limited and based on seniority

Advice to Senior ManagementMore over time for part time associates

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Delta is a great place to work

Finance Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat people, interesting industry, free flight benefits and opportunity to work a flex schedule

ConsLow salary because they are a premiere employer in the area, mediocre health benefits with lots of out of pocket costs, and flight benefits are not what they use to be because there are fewer and fewer flights. You can barely use the flight benefits because you cant make the plane, especially with a family. Also, there is very little room for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter health and flight benefits

excellent

Ramp Agent - Ready Reserve (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

Prosthe people are fun to work with great enviroment

Conssometimes difficult gettin g shift trades

excellent company to work for

Ramp Agent (Former Employee) Greenville, SC

Prosits a company that takes care of their employees and treats them as family, great benefets.

Consi had no challenges when working for Delta, i enjoyed workinged working.

Overall it was a great experience

Customer Service (Former Employee) Hebron, KY

Prosthe flight benefits were nice, good insurance was offerd, the opportunity for personal growth were good, compensation was adequate, promotions were available with hard work

ConsIt was extremely difficult to continually work nights, weekends and working most holidays. Irate customers were often when flights were oversold or there were irregular operations. Passengers did not have flexibility and they would often take it out on agents.

Advice to Senior Managementadd more incentives

Contract Business Analyst

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) Eagan, MN

ProsGood project methodologies, smart people, fair compensation and a strong work ethic are common. The project teams have a good mix of skills and experience.

ConsOffice Politics are always a challenge in a large company and Delta is no different. Sometimes people play power games instead of focusing on the work to be done.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is for the most part very cool and competent.

Great company to work for!

Managing Director (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLove the company and the culture, Fair pay, Excellent travel benefits, involved leadership, lots of upward potential.

ConsIt;s the airline industry and it's subject to lot of economic shocks. Good times may turn on a dime.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to the employees.

Great opportunity to work on exciting projects but difficult to move upward.

ProsIf you like the airline industry, it gives you an amazing opportunity to work in a complicated and challenging environment. The company is pushing new technology and is focused on the customer experience. The flight benefits keep everyone at the company! Extremely accepting culture and a long history of fantastic philanthropic work throughout the world, not just in Atlanta (HQ).

ConsExtremely political, overly corporate and difficult to get promoted. Meetings about having meetings, writing one deck after another. There is not a clear career path which frustrates most employees. Compensation is not on par with other industries which is supposedly countered with the travel benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvocate for your team and help with career growth/advice.

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!