Delta Air Lines Reviews

Updated September 29, 2014
3.9

Delta Air Lines CEO and Director Richard H. Anderson
Richard H. Anderson

Pros
  • Flight Benefits- Every employee gets standby travel with discounts on confirmed travel (in 146 reviews)

• Travel benefits are amazing, you can travel the world if you take advantage (in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • Flight benefits are moot when there are no seats on over-utilized aircraft (in 20 reviews)

• Advancement rate is extremely slow, you will be part time for years before full time is available (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Was a wonderful experience!! Love my Delta family.

Former Employee - Ready Reserve  in  SeaTac, WA
    Former Employee - Ready Reserve in SeaTac, WA

I worked at Delta Air Lines part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Unlimited travel to any Delta destination. This was my favorite although I found it very challenging during summer and holidays.
    -Employees: My other favorite:) I love the energy they bring day in and day out. They are driven and will get the job done. The employees made my experience with Delta worth while. I have met some lifetime friends there. Love them.
    -Early Out: On slow days or nights, a sign up sheet is posted in the break room for those who would like to volunteer to get out early from work.
    -Diversity: Meeting, working and having the pleasure of getting to know people from different backgrounds.
    -Employee Appreciation Day: It happens once or twice a year, but employees are ever so grateful for them.
    -Holidays: If you're scheduled to work on Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year away from your family and loved ones, you can count on having your Delta family celebrating with you at work. Ongoing pot luck every holiday.
    -Birthday cake every month: A huge cake is ordered every month for all birthday within that month.

Cons

-Management: Needs major improvement as some Performance Leaders have absolutely no sense of direction and would have to ask other management for help on daily operation issues. This has happened more than necessary. Also management will pick and choose who they want to promote regardless of your hard work.
    -Pay: The pay as a Ready Reserve max out at $11.75 regardless of how many years you've been employed with Delta (I was employed with Delta for 6 years) This is because you max out after 2 years. My fellow co workers who were hired 2 years after me were making the same hourly wage I was making.
    -Lack of hands on training: From time to time, you'll run into a co worker who has been scheduled to meet or work a flight whom has never been trained to drive a jet bridge or even open an aircraft door. I have been asked too many times for favors to swap schedules with a co worker as they have not been fully trained... mind you, my new friend and I are making the same amount of dough.

-Take a minute or two to say "thank you" to your employees on a daily basis.
    -Pass on a smile, it's contagious! I understand your job is frustrating at times, but consider the problems the agents are faced with daily at the counter and gates.
    -If you're a Performance Leader, do your job and LEAD! Make your own decision based on the facts you have at hand.

Great Experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent (Ready Reserve)  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent (Ready Reserve) in Charleston, SC

I worked at Delta Air Lines as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I was a ready reserve during the summer. It was a really great experience. The customers were a pain but the actual company was awesome, loved our location and the benefits were amazing. Plus you get your flight benefits immediately which is awesome.

Cons

The customers; a ton of angry people complaining or yelling about something you can't control gets old fast. But it's bearable for the summer.

I LOVE MY DELTA FAMILY

Current Employee - Flight Attendant  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in New York, NY

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time for less than a year

Pros

I truly love working for Delta. The open doors policy, flexibility and Company Culture are the best I've seen before.

Cons

Some co-workers want to Unionize Delta and they are never happy with anything the company does. Their negativity is toxic and I don't like working with them. They simply don't belong there.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Director  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The flight benefits, while a challenge to use sometimes, are wonderful. Flexibility is the key. Overall Delta has a great culture. I've seen the company in bad time and in good time and now is a great time to work for Delta. People are friendly and the company is really investing in their employees now that financially the industry is moving forward. Delta is leading the way.

Cons

Work-life balance in Finance can be a challenge

Overall, it was a good experience. I worked in a small team with an excellent adviser. Flight privileges were awesome.

Former Employee - Co-Op Engineer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Co-Op Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Delta Air Lines as an intern for more than a year

Pros

I personally worked on a great team and the flight benefits were amazing.

Cons

Its a bit bureaucratic and slow to change anything. They have systematic processes in place that use very old technology. There isn't much time to use flight benefits and they aren't that fun unless your really into tourism or you have friends in far away places.

Groud Security Coordinator

Former Employee - Ground Security Coordinator  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Ground Security Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Delta Air Lines part-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company - well organized

Cons

Not willing to work with individuals. Clicky and co-workers precut-throat

Over 10 years within various roles in marketing communications

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Delta Air Lines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flight benefits! Great culture that celebrates its people.

Cons

Middle management (in an attempt to please upper management as the pressure is on to outperform already high performance) can be very political and cut throat. Organization can be very siloed.

Great Senior Leadership team. Middle management (in an attempt to please upper management as the pressure is on to outperform already high performance) can be very political and cut throat.

Good company overall, great work environment.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flight Benefits
    Good work environment
    Good 401K matching
    Profit Sharing

Cons

Typically less pay than industry standard for engineers
    Flight Benefits can be really difficult to use during certain times of the year and certain places (never know if you will make the flight)
    Extremely anti-union.

None

Love Delta Airlines

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great family to be in

Cons

Nee to Adjust pay scales

Fantastic

I have been working at Delta Air Lines

Pros

Awesome airlines and a great company to have a lifetime career

Cons

No cons for me...all positive

Doing a great job!

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!