Delta Air Lines Reviews

Updated September 30, 2014
3.9

Delta Air Lines CEO and Director Richard H. Anderson
Richard H. Anderson

Pros
  • The pros of working here are the "perks" the major one being the flight benefits (in 148 reviews)

• Travel benefits are amazing, you can travel the world if you take advantage (in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • Flight benefits are moot when there are no seats on over-utilized aircraft (in 20 reviews)

• Work-life balance in Finance can be a challenge (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Sr Analyst

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flight benefits are good. Work life balance is really good. People are nice and hospitable. Most managers are flexible.

Cons

No working from home mostly. Salary slightly less than market rate due to flight perks.

Up the pay, embrace innovation

Great !!

Current Employee - International  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - International in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

One of the few companies that always had our back ! (Retired)

Cons

There were none with me except that surprise they did to their employees with our stocks

Still think it was extremely unethical eternally truely wrong to take away our stock .

It was the best experience of my life. I helped customer plan than vacation all over the world.

Former Employee - Reservations and Specialty Sales  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Reservations and Specialty Sales in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Delta Air Lines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I was able to travel all over the with my family and friends. Learn new country and meet new people from different parts of the world. There benefits are pretty good. We could overtime when offered.

Cons

I didn't experience any difficult with the company. Any change made I complied. Just wish management would listen there employee a little more.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pretty nice job

Current Employee - Ramp Agent - Ready Reserve  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Ramp Agent - Ready Reserve in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Delta Air Lines part-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits are obviously what drew me to delta(flight benefits) the pay wasnt to bad anyway, for the work you had to do that is.

Cons

the hours arent ideal and if you work ramp you have to deal with some pretty crappy weather conditions.

be a little more involved an try to work with the employees schedule. PLEEEEEASE

If you like to travel work here !

Former Employee - Agent (Ticket Counter/Gate)  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Agent (Ticket Counter/Gate) in Washington, DC

I worked at Delta Air Lines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The pros of working here are the "perks" the major one being the flight benefits. It's also nice to have fairly decent health and dental insurance.

Cons

Compared with the type of work you are doing, and the amount of time didn't on your feet, and handling passengers bags...The pay could be much better. People don't work here to "get paid"they work here to fly.

Also you have to"bid"for your work shift, if you are single and unattached with no obligations of school or children then it's not that big of an issue, you just have to readjust your sleep schedule...however if you are married and/or have children, this bidding of shifts, not knowing when you're going to work and not having a consistent shift can wreck major havoc in your family life, dealing with child care, time with your mate, etc.If you're in school trying to "get ahead" you better do online, independent study classes, because your work shift is subject to change in the course of a semester, and most definitely during the school year.

If you don't like working with the public, this is not the job for you, you have to have a lot of patience to deal with the different personalities, and demands of the customer, especially if they are irate.

Uniforms !, I personally don't have issue with them, you just put them on and go, saves a lot of trouble figuring out what to wear to work(lol), however if you're trying to express your "inner diva"our your fashion sense, this is not the job for you !

Higher starting pay ! Revise the shift bid policies so people with families special this with smaller children can have more continuity in their family life.

I worked at Delta Air Lines

Pros

Flying all over the world
    3 days a week only paying taxes for international flights and within united states all free flights
    first and business class at no additional charge!

Cons

not getting enough money being stuck and no room for advancement

Baggage Handler

Former Employee - Baggage Handler  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Baggage Handler in Washington, DC

I worked at Delta Air Lines part-time for more than a year

Pros

Travel benefits are amazing, you can travel the world if you take advantage.

Cons

Low pay and the amount of hours don't allow you to really travel! The management some can be really butt holes and they will not listen to employees!

Listen to employees and help make the work place better!

ex employee in several departments

Former Employee - Flight Control  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Flight Control in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Delta Air Lines full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

travel, health insurance, the computer is forcing me to list 20 words but 3 is all I can offer.

Cons

salaries are lower than other sectors, travel benefits is supposed to be your incentive but today many including DL have so many code share operators and are adding all the time that non reving is becoming more difficult and expensive as you do pay the taxes. I still get buddy passes from my friends but yesterdays flight to CA had 55 active staff members trying to get on a flight I paid 4.10 for. The staff members paid 250 for its not free................ Time off is limited so you cannot enjoy the travel, most people I worked with never used it to its full advantage as they couldn't really afford it. Neither could I when I was the employee. Now I travel more which is bizarre since I left them for months at at time. This was never possible with Delta.

I was promoted from airport to flight control where the money was better but as a people person I was much more valuable to the company dealing with people where I was excellent at my job and generated more thank you airport than any other staff member on record during that time in that airport. The company however does not see this and financially I couldn't afford to return to the airport but I was dying in a department in the OCC. I chose to leave. I miss the airlines daily however I make double my salary now and fly more for pleasure world wide something I couldn't do while working for DL. It makes no sense.

Tech Ops Co-op

Current Employee - MRO Services Co-op  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - MRO Services Co-op in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay for a college position.
    Flight benefits are definitely the best part, and reason why I stayed for 3 terms
    Very cool to see all the planes, etc
    Learn how to work in a corporate and professional environment

Cons

No training so its very hard to start working on things because you will now be used to the lingo (lots of acronyms)
    Lots of change during my three different terms, with no clear solution or future
    The 'projects' they give you are rarely rewarding
    You will have ALOT of down time with nothing to do

Make sure that you have work for Co-ops to do before you hire them
    Allow other employees other than 'mentor' to give projects
    Some sort of week long training would be hugely beneficial

Wonderful company

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work life balace, travel, interesting business

Cons

You must embrace change which many will find hard to deal with. The airlines are a cyclable business. When its good, its real good. When its bad, it real bad.

Worked for Delta Air Lines? Contribute to the Community!