Delta Community Credit Union

Updated February 12, 2015
Updated February 12, 2015
2.3

Hank Halter

One of the greatest companies to work for

Current Employee - Sales and Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales and Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Community Credit Union full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The executives are great and working at this company is like working with family. Everyone is super helpful and they actually care about each one of their employees. The benefits package is great and the pay is very good.

Cons

There are a lot of changes currently happening at delta community credit union. There is a lot of movement.

Front line staff needs to work closer together with the rest of the departments so that there can be more consistency in service and information that is provided to the members

Keep moving... you can do better

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

Pros

Helping the members is what we do best. That is why i come to work everyday.

Cons

After the previous CEO and COO left, this place has no pulse and is full of games and buddy-buddy system. NO chance for advancement and will make stuff up to keep you from advancing.

Leave. seriously. just go. you're bad.

From good to bad

Current Employee - Branch Operations in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Branch Operations in Atlanta, GA

Pros

There are some great people to work with. Friendly. The members brighten the day.

Cons

The senior management of this company is now lacking. They think they are a bank. It went from a family atmosphere to a cold, impersonal, "process" oriented business with little or no regard to the core of the business.

If I were on the Board of Directors, I would drain the entire senior management and start over.

Watch your back!!!

Current Employee - Member Care in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Member Care in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Community Credit Union full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good alternative for traditional banking. Flight benefits comes handy. Some co-workers are a delight to work with.

Cons

If you try to advance by stepping up. You will find opposition, jealousy that may irritate someone and that someone will set you up...you will go down. Worse of all NO ONE WILL STAND UP FOR YOU!!
    You are expendable!
    This company damages Delta airlines reputation.

They need to create an outside committee and investigate the irregularities and bullying inside the company and call out very person on leave or terminated. They would be amaze the dirt they could find.

the position is rewarding where you really helped the members

I have been working at Delta Community Credit Union full-time

Pros

Great benefits, pay, Great training , no experience needed any position, opportunity to move to different positions/departments quickly

Cons

Lack of development and team work, upper-management not involved, biased opinions, everyone seems o be out for themselves. Beginning to be more like a traditional bank, concerned with the bottom line. Seems to have gotten away from what they used to stand for

Needs to be more hands on, more effective coaching.

Jealousy and unjustice

Former Employee - Servicing in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Servicing in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Delta Community Credit Union full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Banking alternative and friendly people

Cons

There's no trust among co-workers. Many dirty things go underneath specially among managers and other. If you are trying to succeed and go up, someone may not just like that and will set you up to fail.
    I know many people with names and position of who was fired due to a set up or forced into leaving or taking a leave of absence.

Clean up your act. If you really care as you said many times, show it to your employees and investigate with outsourcing people what is affecting your employees.
    You have some very bad elements in HR and Management.

Nightmare if you had a personal life

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Delta Community Credit Union full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flight Benefits, some coworkers were wonderful to work with

Cons

No advancement opportunities, management expected you to sacrifice family and health for the good of the company

Clean house on middle management

Difficult

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Community Credit Union

Pros

The CEO and Executive Management team are extremely conscious of their employees and work hard to make it a competitive workplace. The issue is in the "trickle-down" of operations.

Cons

The company is not what I was told it was upon hiring. Very difficult to advance internally; all mid- and senior-level positions are hired "off the street." Competence level of mid-level managers is dismal.

Hello

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Community Credit Union

Pros

It is a great place to work. The family atmosphere and emphasis towards our service to the community gives a feeling of satisfaction that I haven't felt anywhere else.

Cons

The only con if any is the pay, it isn't with industry standards but the benefits and work environment offset my compensation.

Your doing a great job, I really don't have anything to add. I have to type twenty words to proceed further.

Good company overall.

Current Employee - Member Service Representative
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative

I have been working at Delta Community Credit Union

Pros

Flight benefits, getting to help people, excellent training, great senior level management, being in the financial services industry and still being able to sleep at night, flexible schedule, connection to Delta Airlines, did I mention flight benefits?? Overall, the company is the epitome ethical behavior.

Cons

Buddy system method of getting promoted, no commissions despite an increasing focus on sales. Other than that, nothing! Great company.

You've got such a good thing here. Please don't blow it. Start promoting people based on talent and experience rather than who they know. There are SO many smart, talented people being overlooked for promotions. Also, it is time to consider commissions on sales. It's inevitable, anyway, so you may as well start now. This is such a great company with real visionaries at the helm. Please keep it that way. Also, as to the question below, on a scale of 1-5, I wish I could answer 10. Mr. Foley is a wonderful man and a tremendous leader.