Delta Community Supports

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014
2.5

CEO

Used to be a happy place to work, now it's like working in the zoo.

Current Employee - Social Worker in Glenside, PA
    Current Employee - Social Worker in Glenside, PA

I have been working at Delta Community Supports full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Being able to make my own schedule to a certain point and not always having to work in the office for eight hours is a plus. There are a lot of wonderful and good hard working people that do care about the work they do.

Cons

Compensation for the hours worked does not add up. There are times when you have to sit in court waiting rooms for hours before being called, which takes important work time. The office is not professional at all. People are playing music and singing and talking about a lot of personal business. This can be very distracting especially when you are on the phone and lawyers can hear the rants in the background.

Please be mindful of all your employees and listen to us when we say that professionalism is key for everyone to work well together. Compensation needs to be reviewed and taken seriously. Appreciation needs to be given to all employees not just the ones that are more popular and have the loudest voices. There should be fairness amongst everyone when "special gifts" are given to these people you "appreciate".

I provided support to the best of my ability.

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Blue Bell, PA
    Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at Delta Community Supports full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I was given autonomy to care for my individual and help plan an outcome how I saw fit.

Cons

I was not monetarily compensated relative to my extensive background and this was not surprising due to the general lawless nature of the work environment.

Workers in this field need more than $13 /hr with wage increases regularly (not $9/hr with no wage increase for 3 years). This type of design creates chronic poverty in your hometown. Be the change you want to see!

One of the Better Companies in Human Services

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raritan, NJ

I worked at Delta Community Supports

Pros

For the Human Services field, they offer the most flexibility to be involved with all the different types of programs i.e. group homes and supported living. No other company in this field offers that.

Cons

Just as any other company in this field, you cannot survive on one job alone. Most people have more than one job within the same field.

Company has a couple of Employee Events throughout the year, however employee morale remains low. Continuous efforts at employee appreciation will go a long way to help this.

Unsupportive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warminster, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warminster, PA

I worked at Delta Community Supports

Pros

Genuine workers who caerd about the clients in which they served. Making relationships with the clients and seeing the good that can be done through caring.

Cons

management was a joke. There was high turnover, low salary, and nothing was addressed

Care about your employees more and it will go a long way.