Delta Dental Plan of Michigan

3.5
Delta Dental Plan of Michigan President and CEO Laura Czelada
Laura Czelada
1 Rating

Pros
  • Good benefits but that's about it (in 5 reviews)

• Very team oriented and generally very good people to work with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No work from home and flex time is not great (in 2 reviews)

• Racist against whites(yes it's possible) (in 2 reviews)

1. Manager

I worked at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan

Pros

Competitive salary, great benefits, great product with a very good market position. Good people to work with

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities in a number of areas.

2. Tolerable

Former Employee - Account Manager in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fair pay. Great corporate incentive plan.

Cons

Average benefits. Poor management team in Sales department. Management operates without trust and appreciation of employees. Poor working environment.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust employees and show appreciation for goals accomplished.

3. Systems Analyst

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Okemos, MI
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Okemos, MI

I worked at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great office in Okemos, MI. Cafeteria, small gym, lots of office space, nice work cubicles. PTO combined vacation/sick days, paid major holidays. Very Good medical/dental/vision benefits. Defined pension, 2% per year up to 30 years. IT is going through a major transformation, looking to hire full time employee's to replace contractors, which is quite the switcheroo from the last 25 years. I see some good things ahead and my employment there was nothing short of sunshine and happy days. It's all about the attitude you bring.

Cons

As with any medium to large company, change is slow, it is taking over a year and a half to implement the new changes in IT. Very unsettling to current employee's, but I hope the brighter side is not too far away.

Advice to Management

Own your decisions, you were part of the process. There are some very talented people that are under utilized there, I hope you can take advantage of some of the talent you have in the affiliates that are part of your goals and don't discount them just because they come from a different state/geographic area. Good ideas always come around again, I have the loss of hair to prove it. Best of Luck to all my friends and co-workers, it was a great ride!!

5. Ok, but theres better

Current Employee - Systems Administrator
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator

I have been working at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits Average Pay Good Location Semi-Flexible Hours

Cons

Average Pay Inflexible management No Work From Home Promotions Rare

6. Very nice place to work

Current Employee - Associate Software Developer in Okemos, MI
    Current Employee - Associate Software Developer in Okemos, MI

I have been working at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan

Pros

Flexible work environment, and everyone is very friendly and willing to help if needed. Managers were never in your face or tried to stick their nose where it doesn't belong.

Cons

The material is super dry and gets very boring easily.

7. Full and Part Time Intern

Current Employee - Intern in East Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Intern in East Lansing, MI

I have been working at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan

Pros

Very flexible scheduling Willing to work around class schedules A great learning experience for after graduation employment Very close to Michigan State University for commute to internship

Cons

A lot of the employees around the office are 40+ years old Most of the internship was sitting behind a desk the whole time Not much person interaction

Advice to Management

The management was great Completely understanding to scheduling conflicts with school and extra curricular

8. Pretty decent place to work!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan full-time

Pros

If you got in on the prior contract you received good pay. Union based job. Benefits. Team meetings. Holiday parties. Every few months pay for free lunch. Clean building. Over all friendly people. More people close to retiring so more jobs are opening. The type of job you can retire from. Easy going. Gives new employees ample enough time to learn system. good location off major high way! Nice supervisors. They try to make it ease for everyone! Company bonus ever year. Good HR. Overtime at time and a half. Certain times of year its all the over time you want! Say what you want they are a fair company in my opinion they really try to make it even for the workers and them selves.

Cons

Only three 15 minute breaks. No time to eat lunch or rest my between calls. Cant leave the property. Cant take any time off between January and March. If you just grind it out your shift you should be good. And oh yeah don't get caught up in the floor gossip. come to work do your shift you and you should be good. There are also a lot of spoiled workers who complain a lot. If you are not working and you need a job just be grateful or just use this job as a stepping stone you get about a total of 1 month off in PTO for the year so you have plenty of hours to take off to interview else where. If your not happy just leave! Quit trying to suck me into your unhappiness! (In defense there are a lot of happy workers too!) I personally like the place! Seniority rules not based on your work efforts. If your the "low man on the totem pole" you are just that the "low man on the totem pole" until some new people get hired!

Advice to Management

If you could figure out ways to add another 15 minute break just to let the mind rest for a while I'm sure the workers would be more happy. By the time we get down stairs to the lunch room 5 minutes already gone and try to heat up your lunch and if you have to go the bath room and get back upstairs and eat your food. Its a bit much. How about three 20 minute breaks or two 25 minute breaks. Outside of that you guys are great. Thank you very much I enjoyed my time working with you. Oh yeah by us working for the actual company it would be nice if the dental ins went up from 1500 to 2000 per year! Employees should have the best plans!

9. Power Hungry Bosses

Former Employee - Cost Analyst in Okemos, MI
    Former Employee - Cost Analyst in Okemos, MI

I worked at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

they have a very good benefit program with competitive salaries. Flex time is available to most employees . Nice work environment, with friendly co-workers.

Cons

Upper management were always working to try and out perform one another instead of trying to work together and get things done. They would often step over one another to ultimately get what the highest rank wanted. It should have started there to begin with,

Advice to Management

Most of my supervisors were female, myself male. It seemed as though they were trying to belittle me every instant they could. watch for discrimination accusations if it doesn't stop.

10. Not the greatest

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan full-time

Pros

Employees are friendly and helpful

Cons

Training was bad an they just throw you to the wolves

11. Analyst

I have been working at Delta Dental Plan of Michigan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Company. They do care about their team members and always show it. Benefits are fantastic!

Cons

Do not have any cons

RSS Feed </> Embed