Delta Design

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

James A. Donahue

Good company to work for.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Poway, CA

ProsChallenging learning experience. The company offers ways of training you up into a respected engineer. Company culture is friendly and people will look out for you.

ConsTimes can be tough. Work can be daunting. You must be prepared for all challenges. Sometimes it will take days to complete projects,so you will need to focus harder to get the work done.

Publicly traded global manufacturing company gets 5 stars

Manager (Former Employee)
    Poway, CA

ProsStable company, global, transitioning into an Innovation Center in Poway. Manufacturing sites worldwide. Lots of opportunity to contribute and be involved in the next phases as the company evolves. Company is open to new ideas, great benefits, interesting products. Challenging, rewarding and fulfilling for top 25% of performers.

ConsLow performers hang around too long.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in people -- increase training and development and make achievable career paths for those who you want to retain. Find ways to move low performers out of the

At Delta Design I've always wanted to work in an industry that makes high tech automation units, a rewarding experience!

Electrical Mechanical Test Technician (Former Employee)
    Poway, CA

ProsThe Cohu Company values the employees input and expertise of previous job experience. The staff in each department is friendly and helpful. The training was will develop and understandable to meet each level of the employees'. Their willingness to work with me on any changes that occurs, so to ensure the employees long lasting relationship, and in turn, my willingness to change to meet their needs.

ConsIn my position on the production floor (electrical mechanical test technician) the challenges is revising (upgrading) the performance of the pick & place handlers and troubleshooting each unit when failure occurs. Relaying information to the engineers’ any and all R&D activities such as design improvements, layouts, testing and modification (I really can't say this is a bad thing, rather its rewarding).

Advice to Senior ManagementI like to thank Kim Ceniceros (Assembly Supervisor) for her outstanding performance and guidance. Also I like to thank Jennifer Winkson for making it possible.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It looks better on paper.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsField Service earns awards for customer satisfaction. Reliably profitable. Manufacturing group is efficient and maintains high standards. Re-working designs gives young engineers more experience than they might expect, a stressful but beneficial environment for them. Purges (RiFs) happen efficiently with little fuss thanks to an experienced HR staff. Meticulous finance department.

ConsEthics was not in the corporate vocabulary, but there were murmurings of "secret" warnings and legal "gag orders" for a number of years until discrimination and harassment became a liability. Not-invented-here approach to new ideas. Survivalist mentality at corporate level.

Small company with huge issues

ProsSmall company, so lots of things to learn and hands-on experience in many areas. Some good technical people willing to support new ideas.

ConsWrong priorities, too many projects means no project get completed on-time or under budget, engineering is always in firefighting mode, old style management. Poor business outlook for next year at least. Lot of operational inefficiencies, supply chain is not very efficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut the customers first and be proactive about solving their problems.

Good place to start working if you want to gain design experience

Prosgood location and coworkers in the company (although not all of them). it takes time for you to realize your coworkers are pretty good. Ownership of projects, unlike other companies where you only get to do small parts of design

Consindividual's works don't seem to get valued, managers are usually finger-pointing to each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't think it's possible to what you want it in a short time

Great Place to Work

ProsGlobal company -- publicly traded. Interesting products and customers. Solid long-term strategy. Not political or hierarchical. Well run--mature systems and processes. Work-life-balance is attainable to most employees.

ConsA few of the senior managers need to be more open, approachable and visible. A few need to retire.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide compensation increases to employees at all levels--not just the senior managers.

Delta is a terrible place to work. It’s really toxic and pathetic.

Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsInteresting if you're a mechanical engineer looking to do automation design.

ConsDelta Design doesn’t value employees at all. It’s a depressing place to work. They’ve had multiple former employees arrested for even murder. Doesn’t surprise me considering the work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire less of your golfing buddies. Former second hand car sales men (literally) don’t make good managers and liaisons to Intel! Appreciate your engineers.

Highly informative & detail centered.

Test Technician (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

ProsCompanies willingness to expand your knowledge.

ConsThe assumption that work volunteered becoms new responsibility. Attention to Detail remains at lower levels of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage & reward hard & diligent workers. Repromand & dicipline those that fail to perform.

a challange

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Poway, CA

Proslots of talent in engineering

Consoutside of engineering there isn't much talent

Advice to Senior Managementthink outside the box

Worked for Delta Design? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Delta Design reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Delta Design CEO James A. Donahue. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Delta Design employees.