Delta SubSea Reviews

1. A Growing world Class ROV Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Delta SubSea

Pros

Very proactive Company, Honest even when it hurts but honest. A growing company. Doing what it takes to make it happen. A place I want to be when it get tough in a bad market!

Cons

Not many CONS per say..... other than again being very open and honest and sometimes that is unusual.

Advice to Management

Learn to take a few hours off. You are working very hard. We appreciate it but take a few hours off guys and girls!

2. Not for the weak or meek. Absolute adventure trip.

I have been working at Delta SubSea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is plenty of opportunity to grow. Anything is possible, but you have to make it happen. If you can, it will.

Cons

Growth pains. Some employees come and go merely because they were'nt a good fit. Makes for an interesting turnover ratio.

Advice to Management

Keep dreaming big, but remember to communicate clear and concise objectives to your teams.

3. Good people, awful management

I worked at Delta SubSea

Pros

A lot of good coworkers

Cons

Management is the worst. I've heard the CFO screaming at an employee for something he did wrong. There is a lot of bickering between upper management. Oil and gas market is very fast paced, however the upper management here drags their feet so much that it generally takes 2-3 weeks for a PO to be issued. Then they have the audacity to get made at you for not meeting deadlines. They also have random layoffs to get rid of the people that don't suck up.

Advice to Management

CFO and a couple other of the higher ups need to go. They have no clue how to run a company.

5. Very unprofessional and disrespectful company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Delta SubSea

Pros

Pay was ok with a salary and at one time company options at the beginning.

Cons

From the CEO to the upper management. They lie to people on constant basis. Offering you one thing to get you in the door and then try to find ways to strip it away. When you confront them about the lie you just get told you will loose your job if you do not comply. So management runs their business by fear of employment. Do not listen to advice from their more experienced employees who have been in the field. Have no real experience within the office just a bunch of guys that are in spots cause of their relationship with someone else. So no real experience in the office that could ever help their offshore personnel. Many experienced personnel have moved on and have no good words for the company. If you need a hand up to get your foot in the door then go ahead keep your head down learn what you can and move on to something better. I was very disappointed and myself and many others moved on very rapidly.

Advice to Management

none

6. Definitely NOT the place you want to be!!!!

Current Employee - Project Leader in Montgomery, TX
    Current Employee - Project Leader in Montgomery, TX

I have been working at Delta SubSea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fair, for inexperienced kids who are starting in offshore until something else comes up. Pay is fair for someone just getting their feet wet, but this job can be very dangerous.

Cons

It genuinely is who you know here, not what you know. Whether things are right or wrong it expected you just do it anyway. Management bureaucratic and autocratic. Do whatever it takes no matter who gets hurt or I will fire you mentality, and in this industry that can get someone killed or equipment trashed. The social side often interferes with the professional in a negative manner. Recruitment policies somewhat questionable and again comes down to who you know or are related to. A lot of time and money was wasted by managements attempt to rush and get equipment shipped and the to just stand by and wait. If you are not a friend to your supervisor or if you are not one to do what the cool kids are doing... you can expect to get shunned and eventually pushed out the door. Your experience is not a factor with this company. Butt kissing at its finest, no work life balance, core values are a joke, upper management is out of touch with the workforce, and a military back ground trumps a college degree and replaces real world experience. Layoffs are witch hunts to get rid of those that don't fit in the many cliques. Horrible managers that don't pay attention to you until they decide to get rid of you. Contractors are not treated well. Temporary and full time staff are criticized for not putting in unpaid overtime. It is not how well you perform in the role it is whether your manager likes you. If they don't there is a culture of just "getting rid of" people so they can get someone else in. Constant fighting between upper management and amongst different departments. No development for those who are enthusiastic and good performers.

Advice to Management

Liquidate the company and save your investors from grief their in for.

7. Great place to work.

Current Employee - Administrative in Montgomery, TX
    Current Employee - Administrative in Montgomery, TX

I have been working at Delta SubSea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ive been here over a year, and have remained very happy with my job and the people here as well. Every job will have pros & cons but I can't give any complaints that would make me regret taking this opportunity. It's a growing company with people passionate to help and do their part. You cannot avoid all conflict or unhappy people in the work place 24/7, and you can't start out with all the right people at once... the company handles any issues appropriately and professionally and this is by no means a "bad place" to work, quite the opposite given my opinion. I have been taken care of as an employee and I have always felt very blessed to be able to say I love my job. The hours are great, respect is given if you give it in return and do your job, what they ask of employees is reasonable.. focus on your responsibility and get it done, they are completely understanding of family emergencies, doc appointments, etc. and do care about the individuals who work here.

Cons

Little far but worth it

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Disaster from day one.

I worked at Delta SubSea full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Close to home. The work schedule is great having only to work half days on Friday's.

Cons

Very disorganized, upper management in a constant battle for control. Everyone has their own agenda. There are no professionals at this company mostly relatives who are not qualified to fill their positions. Very unstable with a lot of people getting hired and fired so as to make room for more friends and relatives. Management treats you like a pawn in their political games. Was told I would receive an employee profit sharing plan prior to starting then had it stripped away no one knew anything about it. Don't trust these guys.
    Salaried employees required to punch a clock at all offices coming and going, management dose not trust or respect anyone. Drug testing on a monthly basis for most......If someone would have posted an honest review on here in the first place I would have never wasted my time here.

Advice to Management

Get over your petty bickering and stop the political games, they will ruin this company and it is not attractive to clients or investors..

Where you want to be!!!

Current Employee - Tech II in Montgomery, TX
    Current Employee - Tech II in Montgomery, TX

I have been working at Delta SubSea full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are experienced with Schilling HD subs this is the place for you!

Cons

It is a new company going through growing pains but climbing the industry fast. I would recommend anyone with HD experience to join the team.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.Employees are your life blood so keep treating them as such.

10. I love working for Delta SubSea!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Delta SubSea

Pros

Friendly, helpful staff members throughout the company. Instantly felt welcome and part of a team! This is especially important in such a high paced industry. Growth potential and generosity of senior management is far beyond the imagination.

Cons

No complaints here! I plan to have a very long career with this company!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work as we continue to grow!

Terrible treatment and experience

I worked at Delta SubSea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation was good, nice office building.

Cons

Belittling upper management including CFO. No respect to work life balance of employees. I have never been treated so poorly in my professional career.

Advice to Management

Treat others with the same respect you would like to receive.

RSS Feed </> Embed