Delta-T Group

Add Photos

Joanne McAndrews

interesting place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Delta-T Group part-time for less than a year

Prosthere is none cant be changed

Consonly one job that was for one day and it was in Libertyville Illinois an good hour and half away

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Hell! Worst Job Ever!

Bryn Mawr, PA

I worked at Delta-T Group full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are no pros after your original training period. Trainers have no idea what they are doing.

ConsOwner is abusive, nasty, miserable, and unapproachable. Management enjoys belittling people because they have the best teacher. Owner has two miserable people that don't know the business befriending employees so that they can report everything they find out to the owner who then terrorizes the individual.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate how hard people work. Stop being so abusive before you find yourself in a class action suit despite the fact that you make people sign an agreement to not file one. Indicative of how aware you are of the way you run your company.

Terrible place to work

Recruiter (Current Employee)

I have been working at Delta-T Group full-time for more than 3 years

Prosnone. First job that I absolutely hated going to every day. Basically need a paycheck

ConsPoor Pay, high turn over, when offered advancement with added responsibility their idea of a raise is adding a dollar to your salary and telling you that you must work a 45 hr work week. Then they tell you you are making decent wages when in all reality they are making you work more hours for less money. There are a lot of smoke and mirrors when it comes to compensation. The place is an absolute HR nightmare with some of the conversations that go on while you are trying to talk to a contractor on the phone. Also the most irresponsible and inept people seem to get promoted and paid. Very much the "Good old Boy" system. Everyone is expendable and the higher ups only see $$$ when it comes to anything. They will have no problem throwing people under the bus if it will make them a buck. Terrible...Terrible...Terrible

good

Independent Contractor (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Delta-T Group as a contractor for more than 3 years

Prosindependence, a choice, kind, polite, available

Consyou can not get over time...an u might work only a 8 hour shift all week...an you only get 10.00 a hr an when your driving your car putting ware an tare on it they should of kept it at 11 a hr

Advice to Senior Managementallow overtime an try to atleast give 3days a wk give the $1.00 back show appreciation to the peiple that work for you...

one year of experience with the company

Mentor (Current Employee)
Woodbridge, NJ

I have been working at Delta-T Group part-time for more than a year

Prosmeeting new people every assignment

Consnone that I can say

Advice to Senior Managementthere is no upper management

Not good.

Bryn Mawr, PA

I worked at Delta-T Group full-time for less than a year

ProsIt adds experience if you last long enough. I find that many of regular employees are nice to work with.

ConsIf you receive a call from Delta-T, run like hell. Definitely do not leave a job to go there. I agree with the above commenter that it is a very toxic environment. They have very unrealistic expectations and really do not give people a chance. They will terminate you in the blink of an eye. There have been several employees who have walk out with no notice. I understand why.

In addition, the benefits are terrible. You cannot take vacation time for 6 months. You get less than 2 weeks vacation per year and only 6 sick days. If you have any type of chronic health conditions or need to see a doctor regularly, forget it. The medical deductible is ridicuously high.

I would only recommend Delta-T if you are down and completely desperate. Otherwise, run.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop seeing your employees as a number. Rather, treat them like decent human beings. Realize employee moral is very important. If morale is low, people will not perform to the best of their ability.

If you loved recruiting before; DON"T work here!!!!

Recruiter (Current Employee)
Bryn Mawr, PA

I have been working at Delta-T Group for less than a year

ProsPeople are awesome. I have never worked with better people. They pull together to get the job done.
Long lunches
Relaxed work environment

ConsDelta T is a revolving door. I heard it is over 150% turnover. They will hire ANYONE for recruiting no matter experience. As for sales, the managers and owner only care about numbers. If you don't produce, you won't be there.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to pretend you care about your employees. The nature of work and pay are not worth the hassle and micromanagement from the owner and her sons.

Mixed bag of good and bad... mostly bad

I worked at Delta-T Group

ProsI met a few good people here. Depending on who you're working with, it really does make a difference in your work day. It's just unfortunate that the work environment is just so stressful and negative...

ConsIn my experience working there, it came very clear to me that the company is very disorganized and leadership is very narrow-minded. They can care less about their employees, unless you did something good that day. They make sure to knock you down a couple knotches after each accomplishment though just to remind you who's the boss and what your role is in the company. The employee turnover rate is ridiculously high.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake risks, get more organized and value your employees.

Excellent opportunity to learn about the behavioral health field as I completed my Bachelors Degree.

B H T (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Delta-T Group as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsFlexibility, good support from staff in the office at Delta T. Many learning opportunities by the vast array of assignments offered. Pay was commensurate with experience.

ConsThe assignments are short term because they are temporary. You are considered a independent contractor, and their aren't any benefits offered.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to retain your good employees by offering incentives.

Go with CCRES instead

Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee)
Coatesville, PA

I have been working at Delta-T Group full-time for less than a year

ProsThey will take anybody with a degree, so it makes for an easy way to get a first job. You will also get started very quickly. You can also write off mileage and potentially other expenses since you are considered an independent contractor, so save those receipts and log how many miles you need to drive each day!

Cons-Applied on a Thursday, interviewed on a Friday, was in the classroom on Monday with absolutely NO training or information about the client I was about to work with. I was told I got the job then thrown into a classroom.
-TSS's and PCA's are considered independent contractors, so you have to pay your taxes either quarterly or yearly (which is a pain in the butt), you do not have any opportunity for any benefits, and you're never really sure how much you'll have to pay come tax-time.
-The business side of it is very shady. For my "interview" I did an hour of paperwork and then got to see which cases I could take-there was no interview! Anybody could have gotten that job without anyone blinking an eye!
-You do not have a case manager or anyone which you can report directly to if you have any questions, just a bunch of angry people who would rather be doing something else than answering your important question.
-Find somewhere where you can get benefits and advancement opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease provide more support to your employees. I need someone specific of whom I can ask questions, not random people contacting me about irrelevant things.

Worked for Delta-T Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Delta-T Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Delta-T Group CEO Joanne McAndrews. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Delta-T Group employees.