Delta-T Group

Updated November 21, 2014
Updated November 21, 2014
2.8

Joanne McAndrews

Great people to work with

I have been working at Delta-T Group as a contractor

Pros

A professional recruiting/placement company. Always something available. Great party rates. Very easy to work with.

Cons

Temporary/substitute positions, not full time permanent.

Overall great company, few minor issues

Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Delta-T Group full-time

Pros

This company can help you land in a position that you feel proud about because of the valuable work you can provide to others. It is not a job where you are simply stocking shelves. You are changing the lives of children that need your help. I currently have a full time assignment with a child and seeing the progress that she is having makes my day. It is tough to work with some of these children, and it most definitely takes a lot of persistence and patience. However, when you see the results and know you are making a difference in their life, it makes it all worth it.

Cons

The company tends to be very disorganized and calls me for assignments when I already have an assignment. It makes me feel disrespected when this happens because it seems I am just another 'name' rather than a respected employee. If I have an assignment, they should be aware of this. I think this is simply a case of miscommunication between staff members, but I still feel they should all get on the same page!

Also, I still have not received a name badge from this company after asking many times, so I had to create my own. This was embarrassing and frustrating to me. Other agencies make sure to provide name badges to their employees and I feel that this company should do the same.

Make sure to take care of your employees. Most of them work their butts off for you, and although you can't see that because you are in a different building, it is still important to treat them with respect. It would make a huge difference! We are not just another name. We are people who are there to represent your company and it is important to provide us with all of our needs so we can do our best work.

Pleasant experience

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

You get Paid on a weekly basis

Cons

Work isn't always available. No benefits

Staffing Coordinator

Current Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Bryn Mawr, PA
    Current Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Bryn Mawr, PA

I have been working at Delta-T Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work. Never the same day, can say I have never been bored in the position. Good location in Bryn Mawr, open door policy makes you feel like your voice is heard.

Cons

The parking can be a little crazy. The office is not for everyone you must be willing to give it your all to succeed

Great for gaining experience, good pay, flexible schedule

Current Employee - Teacher's Assistant
    Current Employee - Teacher's Assistant

I have been working at Delta-T Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The pay is good. This company is great for beginners looking to gain experience. You can pick up a variety of one day assignments from all different schools and locations or you can choose an on-going assignment where you go to the same school every day. I like the choice of variety that is given with this job because it keeps things interesting and gives you opportunity to keep learning something new. You can meet a lot of different people, help many different children and explore many different work settings.

Cons

If you choose to do the one day assignments it can be difficult trying to learn the new environment and new instructions each time. It's like starting the first day of a job consistently. Although it can be super fun going new places, at times it can be very challenging.

Great company and very efficient staff

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

Weekly pay is a great perk

Cons

Lack of notification for updating clearances

DO NOT WORK HERE

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

People will make a lot of money off your hard work and you might get pizza

Cons

All positive reviews are written by managers to try and bring the glassdoor rating up

They will hold your check if you exceed 40 hours

Current Employee - Therapist in Bryn Mawr, PA
    Current Employee - Therapist in Bryn Mawr, PA

I have been working at Delta-T Group as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, quick interview, decorated very nice, weekly pay, coordinator was able to forge my cpr/1st aid to get me hired

Cons

not a lot of hours, coordinator rarely answers calls or returns them, had my check held my accounting and I bounced checks.

Don't allow the Coordinators to forge documents it makes the company look shady!

HR Nightmare

Former Employee - SC(UM) in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - SC(UM) in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Delta-T Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay, decent hours, you don't have to work if you don't want to, you can have everyone do your work for you and still get the bonus pay for it, as long as you flatter management and "drink the kool-aid" (meaning don't question anything and turn a blind eye to all offensive and unethical activities you see and hear and are required to do) then you can keep your job; that is, if you can stomach it that long.

Cons

No recognition for seniority or hard work, no accountability, dismal inter office and interpersonal communication, no room for advancement, unethical business practices, blatant violation of multiple labor regulations, incompetent management and ownership, retaliatory behavior allowed to create hostile work environment, ignorant corporate office that's completely blind and deaf to how serious the issues are, multiple walk-outs, tons of drama. There's a reason there are only a few key people that have been there more than three years, and they are it.

Hire someone to clean house, deeply investigate management in Phoenix, audit EVERYTHING and have an objective party interview all current and recently separated employees, stop being so greedy, listen to your staff, allow and consider bottom-up feedback, honor confidentiality and believe what you hear from employees with grave concerns and valid complaints, understand that the same problem occurring repeatedly means the problem is internal.

Unprofessional

Current Employee - School Psychologist
    Current Employee - School Psychologist

I have been working at Delta-T Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

When they have positions available they are very easy to work for,

Cons

The staffing coordinators, are unreliable. They do not get back to you within a timely fation and there is very little follow-up

Please have your staffing coordinators conduct follow-up phone calls or emails.