Delta-T Group

Updated January 15, 2015
2.7

Joanne McAndrews

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

The best reason for me to work here would be, helping the children most of all. The compensation is a good.

Cons

You have to try it for yourself.

Stay Far Away - Micromanagement and what have you done for me today????

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator

I worked at Delta-T Group full-time

Pros

FIRST OF ALL: When you reed all the good reviews keep in mind they might not be employees of Delta T Group, but independent contractors.

You need a job - they will hire anyone. You have been a shift supervisor at IHop - sure you can be a manager. If you are not desperate for a job, do not accept a job offer. You will most likely be fired with in few years. If you do decide to take the job, make sure EVERYTHING is in writing.

You will be good at protecting yourself (if you last long enough,) management will throw you under the bus at any chance they have. The longer they have worked there, the better they are doing the back stabbing. All they care about is keeping their job - they do not care about you or your mortgage at all.

You will get a think skin after working there a while. Get used to be yelled at by management and abused in any way. You can deal with a lot in life after working there.

If you like to see staff go outside to cry or people be stabbed and talked about behind their back, this will be the company for you.

Cons

Promotions: there are none - they force you to take a different job (if you do not accept it, you are out of a job)

Compensation: Sucks- Management gets a decent check, but will be fired in about one year, so who cares. There are NO raises. Christmas bonus is given if they like you, if you are not in their good graces, NO BONUS for you.

Benefits: Health Benefits is a joke, worthless. They do offer the standard vacation etc. Starting after a certain amount of months, if you have not been fired yet.

Lets start with management - HR is a joke, training department knows how to read a PDF (training materials is about ten + years old). If there are any changes in your salary or in any job, make sure that you get it in writing. If it is not in writing in a file in HR it did not happen, You might trust your manager (mistake, he might be fired or throw you under the bus: any way YOU LOOSE)

They will take away part of the book you have built and give it to other SC and you loose bonus. If you loose a client, regardless if it is upper managements fault, prepare for taking the blame. Management is very good at putting the blame on other people, again wanting to ensure they keep their paycheck.

They will not listen to advise, they know everything.

Stay away from this Toxic Company

I worked at Delta-T Group

Pros

They provide Styrofoam cups. They suck.

Cons

They have to send in a drill seargeant every few months in order to whip the office into shape, then everything falls apart again. They should be reported to the National Labor Relations Board for not paying people on time or at all. They tell lies to Independent Contractors, telling them that they will be paid 10 days after submitting "invoices", then they blame it on their (Independent Contractors) for not posting their pay. They should be brought to the attention of the Better Business Bureau for committing fraud.

Great people to work with

I have been working at Delta-T Group as a contractor

Pros

A professional recruiting/placement company. Always something available. Great party rates. Very easy to work with.

Cons

Temporary/substitute positions, not full time permanent.

Overall great company, few minor issues

Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Delta-T Group full-time

Pros

This company can help you land in a position that you feel proud about because of the valuable work you can provide to others. It is not a job where you are simply stocking shelves. You are changing the lives of children that need your help. I currently have a full time assignment with a child and seeing the progress that she is having makes my day. It is tough to work with some of these children, and it most definitely takes a lot of persistence and patience. However, when you see the results and know you are making a difference in their life, it makes it all worth it.

Cons

The company tends to be very disorganized and calls me for assignments when I already have an assignment. It makes me feel disrespected when this happens because it seems I am just another 'name' rather than a respected employee. If I have an assignment, they should be aware of this. I think this is simply a case of miscommunication between staff members, but I still feel they should all get on the same page!

Also, I still have not received a name badge from this company after asking many times, so I had to create my own. This was embarrassing and frustrating to me. Other agencies make sure to provide name badges to their employees and I feel that this company should do the same.

Make sure to take care of your employees. Most of them work their butts off for you, and although you can't see that because you are in a different building, it is still important to treat them with respect. It would make a huge difference! We are not just another name. We are people who are there to represent your company and it is important to provide us with all of our needs so we can do our best work.

Pleasant experience

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

You get Paid on a weekly basis

Cons

Work isn't always available. No benefits

Staffing Coordinator

Current Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Bryn Mawr, PA
    Current Employee - Staffing Coordinator in Bryn Mawr, PA

I have been working at Delta-T Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Never the same day, can say I have never been bored in the position. Good location in Bryn Mawr, open door policy makes you feel like your voice is heard.

Cons

The parking can be a little crazy. The office is not for everyone you must be willing to give it your all to succeed

Great for gaining experience, good pay, flexible schedule

Current Employee - Teacher's Assistant
    Current Employee - Teacher's Assistant

I have been working at Delta-T Group as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good. This company is great for beginners looking to gain experience. You can pick up a variety of one day assignments from all different schools and locations or you can choose an on-going assignment where you go to the same school every day. I like the choice of variety that is given with this job because it keeps things interesting and gives you opportunity to keep learning something new. You can meet a lot of different people, help many different children and explore many different work settings.

Cons

If you choose to do the one day assignments it can be difficult trying to learn the new environment and new instructions each time. It's like starting the first day of a job consistently. Although it can be super fun going new places, at times it can be very challenging.

Great company and very efficient staff

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

Weekly pay is a great perk

Cons

Lack of notification for updating clearances

DO NOT WORK HERE

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

People will make a lot of money off your hard work and you might get pizza

Cons

All positive reviews are written by managers to try and bring the glassdoor rating up