Delta-T Group

Updated February 25, 2015
Updated February 25, 2015
2.5

Joanne McAndrews

Pros
  • When they have positions available they are very easy to work for, (in 2 reviews)

• They will take anybody with a degree, so it makes for an easy way to get a first job (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • You are considered a independent contractor, and their aren't any benefits offered (in 3 reviews)

• Projects continue to start and stop, so you cannot see the rewards of your hard work (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Long term substitute teacher

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

Great way to network. Awesome staffing coordinator. You will get a long term assignment if there is a need and you are good. I worked for this company in Chicago and Phoenix

Cons

You are not paid for school breaks nor no school days.

More pay will be nice .

Apathy

Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

The most fulfilling experience I have received is working with the children

Cons

Leadership and/or personnel treatment is by far the worst. The apathetic concern for its employees is embarrassing!

Find people who work in management that have the ability to speak in a professional (not condescending) manner to its employees.

Terrible

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

None poor pay nothing positive

Cons

Terrible bad pay no money

Pay

Unsatisfied

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

Work the hours you can

Cons

Do not have another job lined up

This is a garbage company. Run Away!!! Run Away!!!

I worked at Delta-T Group

Pros

How can you give any pros to a management team that doesn't understand management

Cons

I was not a contractor of Delta T (those poor, innocent people). I worked for them directly. They won't pay you the salary you negotiate. They'll lie, and say it's an hourly rate (set for less by $10,000 you negotiated), which they say you can make up for by working overtime. Then when you try to meet your impossible quotas by working overtime, they write you up for working overtime. Nowhere in the staffing industry do they require you to make 300 calls per week, staff over 800 hour per week, meet with clients each week, do background checks/credential verification, interview candidates, file paperwork and attend morning and afternoon meetings via the phone with the home office. They set you up for failure so that you can't meet quotas to avoid paying any commissions. If they say they'll pay you a base of $46,000, expect to get paid $36,000 (see previous lie noted above). They hope to retain whatever business you earn while they squeeze every bit of work out of you that they can. They don't pay the contractors on time. They lie to the contractors about why they aren't being paid. Overall this company is a hideous embarrassment on society.

I can't advise you. You're an embarrassment on society.

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

The best reason for me to work here would be, helping the children most of all. The compensation is a good.

Cons

You have to try it for yourself.

Unorganized

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

I gained new skills and knowledge of a field I have never been in before

Cons

Too many Indians not enough Chiefs! Favortism amongst staff is very visible. The expect you to work 24 hrs a day 7 days a week and they are never satisifed with what you do.

Stop stressing everyone out and the work performance will get better.

Stay Far Away - Micromanagement and what have you done for me today????

Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator
    Former Employee - Staffing Coordinator

I worked at Delta-T Group full-time

Pros

FIRST OF ALL: When you reed all the good reviews keep in mind they might not be employees of Delta T Group, but independent contractors.

You need a job - they will hire anyone. You have been a shift supervisor at IHop - sure you can be a manager. If you are not desperate for a job, do not accept a job offer. You will most likely be fired with in few years. If you do decide to take the job, make sure EVERYTHING is in writing.

You will be good at protecting yourself (if you last long enough,) management will throw you under the bus at any chance they have. The longer they have worked there, the better they are doing the back stabbing. All they care about is keeping their job - they do not care about you or your mortgage at all.

You will get a think skin after working there a while. Get used to be yelled at by management and abused in any way. You can deal with a lot in life after working there.

If you like to see staff go outside to cry or people be stabbed and talked about behind their back, this will be the company for you.

Cons

Promotions: there are none - they force you to take a different job (if you do not accept it, you are out of a job)

Compensation: Sucks- Management gets a decent check, but will be fired in about one year, so who cares. There are NO raises. Christmas bonus is given if they like you, if you are not in their good graces, NO BONUS for you.

Benefits: Health Benefits is a joke, worthless. They do offer the standard vacation etc. Starting after a certain amount of months, if you have not been fired yet.

Lets start with management - HR is a joke, training department knows how to read a PDF (training materials is about ten + years old). If there are any changes in your salary or in any job, make sure that you get it in writing. If it is not in writing in a file in HR it did not happen, You might trust your manager (mistake, he might be fired or throw you under the bus: any way YOU LOOSE)

They will take away part of the book you have built and give it to other SC and you loose bonus. If you loose a client, regardless if it is upper managements fault, prepare for taking the blame. Management is very good at putting the blame on other people, again wanting to ensure they keep their paycheck.

They will not listen to advise, they know everything.

Great people to work with

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Delta-T Group as a contractor

Pros

A professional recruiting/placement company. Always something available. Great party rates. Very easy to work with.

Cons

Temporary/substitute positions, not full time permanent.

Overall great company, few minor issues

Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Delta-T Group full-time

Pros

This company can help you land in a position that you feel proud about because of the valuable work you can provide to others. It is not a job where you are simply stocking shelves. You are changing the lives of children that need your help. I currently have a full time assignment with a child and seeing the progress that she is having makes my day. It is tough to work with some of these children, and it most definitely takes a lot of persistence and patience. However, when you see the results and know you are making a difference in their life, it makes it all worth it.

Cons

The company tends to be very disorganized and calls me for assignments when I already have an assignment. It makes me feel disrespected when this happens because it seems I am just another 'name' rather than a respected employee. If I have an assignment, they should be aware of this. I think this is simply a case of miscommunication between staff members, but I still feel they should all get on the same page!

Also, I still have not received a name badge from this company after asking many times, so I had to create my own. This was embarrassing and frustrating to me. Other agencies make sure to provide name badges to their employees and I feel that this company should do the same.

Make sure to take care of your employees. Most of them work their butts off for you, and although you can't see that because you are in a different building, it is still important to treat them with respect. It would make a huge difference! We are not just another name. We are people who are there to represent your company and it is important to provide us with all of our needs so we can do our best work.