Delta-T Group Reviews

Updated March 20, 2015
56 reviews filtered by
2.3
Joanne McAndrews

Pros
  • When they have positions available they are very easy to work for, (in 2 reviews)

• They will take anybody with a degree, so it makes for an easy way to get a first job (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • You are considered a independent contractor, and their aren't any benefits offered (in 3 reviews)

• Projects continue to start and stop, so you cannot see the rewards of your hard work (in 2 reviews)

1. Long term substitute teacher

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

Great way to network. Awesome staffing coordinator. You will get a long term assignment if there is a need and you are good. I worked for this company in Chicago and Phoenix

Cons

You are not paid for school breaks nor no school days.

More pay will be nice .

2. Mediocre, Poor leadership, High turnover. Stressful environment

Former Employee - Staffing Specialist in Bryn Mawr, PA
    Former Employee - Staffing Specialist in Bryn Mawr, PA

I worked at Delta-T Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Closer to public transportation if don't have your personal car. I managed to survive for 3 years and 4 months years. You will develop a thicker skin if you manage to last. I can't think of any other pros.

Cons

No company is perfect, but the issues here are more than I can list. High turnover, outdated training (My training manual was last updated in 2002). Unrealistic expectations, backstabbing, gossiping and backbiting from some coworkers/managers. Unproductive weekend work. Low pay with long hours. Prepare to deal with lazy, mediocre managers who aren't so bright and lack management/leadership skills. The constant yelling from upper management doesn't help either. Overtime is not really overtime because you will work more hours for lower pay. The list goes on and on.

Nothing I write here will change anything. The owners call the shot. But if I could offer my 2 cents, it will be the following:

Promote and work to retain promising employees. I have seen great co-workers leave the company. They would have stayed if the conditions were better.
    Pay higher salaries
    Implement the views from employees (Staffing industry/Hr has evolved over the years, but upper management is still caught up in old mentality).
    Treat employees with respect and dignity (Constant yelling doesn't achieve anything)
    Show genuine interest in the career development of your employees by providing updated training and offering better work-life balance/happiness
    Reward promising and hardworking employees; not lazy and mediocre ones who do nothing all day.

No pay

Current Contractor - Teacher in Wilmington, DE
    Current Contractor - Teacher in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Delta-T Group as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They found me a job quickly.

Cons

They refuse to pay me. I have contacted them no response. I pretty much worked three weeks for free.

Get a clue and make sure employees are taken care of.

Apathy

Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Paraprofessional in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

The most fulfilling experience I have received is working with the children

Cons

Leadership and/or personnel treatment is by far the worst. The apathetic concern for its employees is embarrassing!

Find people who work in management that have the ability to speak in a professional (not condescending) manner to its employees.

Former Billing Assistant was asked to return and I ran.

Former Contractor - Billing Coordinator in Bryn Mawr, PA
    Former Contractor - Billing Coordinator in Bryn Mawr, PA

I worked at Delta-T Group as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free Coffee and Location to major roads. Other than that none to speak of.

Cons

it is a very stressful environment with overly high turnover. I contracted there before and was asked to return. I interviewed, but it was just a bad idea because of the poor management, constant yelling on floor by owners and training was bad.

Please treat people respectfully or go to church or just let someone else manage your business like Kelly Services.

Don't apply or answer if they called. It will be your worst nightmare.

Current Employee - Affiliate Administrator in Bryn Mawr, PA
    Current Employee - Affiliate Administrator in Bryn Mawr, PA

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

There is a roof and coffee with the intent you will work insanely.

Cons

Everything. Poor management, dated training and trainers, owners who yell at staff. High turnover.

Joanne should retire and let the son's open a Ritas Water Ice stand.

There are no words for how terrible this company is don't work there.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Bryn Mawr, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Bryn Mawr, PA

I worked at Delta-T Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The door will open when you want to run outside and leave. You won't work there long enough to come up with any good things to say. They will push you out the door so don't leave a job to come here. This is a pro because you won't want to work here.

Cons

From the owners to the trainers everyone is terrible. They will tell you extra hours as needed which means they expect you to work all the time and on weekends just like them. I can't believe this company is allowed to be in Bryn Mawr it's so awful.

Don't hire anymore ploys because you know how to do everything and work there seven days a week.

Terrible

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

None poor pay nothing positive

Cons

Terrible bad pay no money

Pay

This is a garbage company. Run Away!!! Run Away!!!

I worked at Delta-T Group

Pros

How can you give any pros to a management team that doesn't understand management

Cons

I was not a contractor of Delta T (those poor, innocent people). I worked for them directly. They won't pay you the salary you negotiate. They'll lie, and say it's an hourly rate (set for less by $10,000 you negotiated), which they say you can make up for by working overtime. Then when you try to meet your impossible quotas by working overtime, they write you up for working overtime. Nowhere in the staffing industry do they require you to make 300 calls per week, staff over 800 hour per week, meet with clients each week, do background checks/credential verification, interview candidates, file paperwork and attend morning and afternoon meetings via the phone with the home office. They set you up for failure so that you can't meet quotas to avoid paying any commissions. If they say they'll pay you a base of $46,000, expect to get paid $36,000 (see previous lie noted above). They hope to retain whatever business you earn while they squeeze every bit of work out of you that they can. They don't pay the contractors on time. They lie to the contractors about why they aren't being paid. Overall this company is a hideous embarrassment on society.

I can't advise you. You're an embarrassment on society.

Unsatisfied

I have been working at Delta-T Group

Pros

Work the hours you can

Cons

Do not have another job lined up