DeltaTRAK

Updated Jun 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Frederick Wu

Fine employer, but most jobs lack security.

Firmware Engineer (Former Employee) Poway, CA

ProsGood benefits, generally pleasant work conditions.

ConsLack of job security for most positions.

Keep looking

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsSupplies breakfast every Friday. Provides a desk and computer.

ConsToo many to list. President is in charge and makes decisions for every department, even signing a $200 RGA. (why can't a mgr. do this).

Stay Away

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsA paycheck every two weeks
    Some great people who are miserable too
    Good location near a Bart stop and a mall

ConsBad morale
    Micromanaging Owner/CEO
    No real commission
    No promotions
    Makes you punch a time clock,
    No flex time
    Only 8 company paid holidays
    Will dock you Paid Time Off if you are late or leave early

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Owner/CEO Fred Wu needs to let us do our jobs without micromanaging everyone and creating a bad work environment. It is a poorly run company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very High Turnover, a revolving door

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule, not much else.

ConsMicromanagement taken to a whole new level. Even the most talented people with great ideas soon realize that there is no use in even trying. Everybody does exactly what they are told to, even when goes against everything they believe in. The CEO thinks he knows better than everybody and see no value in any opinion other than his own.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that your business relies on the talent and expertise of the people you hire. Put some trust in them or good people will continue to walk out the door and go somewhere that they are appreciated. A pat on the back or a thank you goes a long way, try keeping your people by being proactive and not waiting until they give notice to show some appreciation.

Don't Trust Anyone

ProsThe people I worked with in Modesto were definitely underpaid. Most of staff makes minimum wage or just above it. I see no pro in working for DeltaTrak other than the health benefits for myself.

ConsIt stars with the owner. I would compare him to Fidel Castro. It is his way or his way. Even when he is wrong, most of the time, he is right. Completely clueless in business. I do not know how he has been able to stay in business for so long.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn what it is your people do on a daily basis. I have seen to many good people leave because of unrealistic demands put on employees.

Abusive, Inconsistent, Every out for themselves as no job is secure

Several In Middle Management (Former Employee) Modesto, CA

ProsGood Benefits and most of the time employees worked well togather

ConsNo job security, cannot trust your supervisor as they are covering themselves and will throw you under the bus. Will not pay a competitive wage and hires employees with no knowledge for low wages, trains these employees and never pays them what they are worth. CEO is abusive and does not value any employee except the hatchet person. Once you buck him, you will be gone as soon as possible

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve that when you hire an individual they will work to improve your company. At least give them the benefit of the doubt until they prove you wrong. Evaluate the pay scale with the industry for employees who are not management.

DeltaTrak manufactures temperature monitoring products for the food cold chain industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsTraining opportunity if you are looking to work in this industry. If you like processes to process to process, then this is your company

ConsLongevity at this company is short lived at best unless you succumb to the hostile ownership style. Decline in quality of products due to manufacturing cuts have hurt this company's industry reputation making sales difficult. Great team of Directors and Managers who are never allowed to contribute nor succeed.

Sounds like things haven't changed..

Customer Service (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA

ProsGreat products and good employees..too bad upper management doesn't realize this!

ConsMicromanaging big time-I would think the CEO would have better things to do with his time-this is the main reason I left in a short period of time in 1997.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpect the best in your employees and learn to trust...

Terrible place to work, don't even consider it if you value your self esteem, personal life, and sanity.

ProsLarge product line, intensive training.

ConsMarketing manager in particular is abusive, demeaning, egotistical, contradictory, an extremely bad people manager, employs negative motivation (threats) and epitomizes the term "micro manager". In short, he's toxic. Overall the organizational ecosystem is unhealthy as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you monitor your managers to ensure they have the company's best interest, not their self-interest, as their goal. Also make sure they're treating their employees fairly and are not being abusive in any way.

Unrealistic expectations, Workload extreme with no allowance for time to complete work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA

Proswe are allowed to pick our flexible work hours

Conscant possibly do all the work. every day there are new requirements and no time to complete the tasks from yesterday.

Worked for DeltaTRAK? Contribute to the Community!