Deltek

Deltek Reviews in Herndon, VA

Updated Mar 18, 2014

Michael Corkery

75 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great corporate culture with friendly co-workers and a hard-work mentality.

Match Analyst (Former Employee)
Herndon, VA

I worked at Deltek as an intern for more than a year

ProsTeam work, training, company values, flexible schedule, work-life balance, structure of the work, clear responsibilities, good guidance, good communication with senior management

ConsSome of the work was mundane, daily responsibilities were repetitive, lack of diversity in type of work to be done, work began to be outsourced

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider including more activities for interns and inter-department communications, try to offer more activities to increase relations between different departments, make sure interns have an idea of different departments as they could make good potential future employees.

When you are ready for a challenging and rewarding career move.. Deltek is the place to be.

I have been working at Deltek full-time for more than 3 years

ProsDeltek is awash with Type A personalities. Work is done quickly, efficiently and pragmatically. Community among departments is strongly encouraged and offers great insight into areas a single employee may be less familiar with.

ConsIt can be overwhelming to compete with peers in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to walk the Deltek values.

Good Products but Very Bad Sales Culture

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Deltek full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBiggest Player in a Niche Market. Costpoint product is solid but supporting products are outdated and have many holes

ConsEgo-Centric Sales culture and management style. VP of Sales takes all the credit for deals that are won and is very quick to blame the rep when deals are lost. Very few "new logo" deals are being won and so most reps are making their numbers by trying to manipulate contracts with current customers to extract more money. Customers are getting more and more frustrated and are growing weary of the Deltek's approach. The SaaS strategy is bound to fail once customers realize it will still take 6-9 months to stand up the system with costs to match - hardly the standard for SaaS offerings.

Advice to Senior Managementfind a way to establish trust and the sense of "team" within sales by removing opportunities to steal deals and poach territories.

Good company, very flexible workplace. very pleased to be an employee

Herndon, VA

I have been working at Deltek full-time for less than a year

Pros- flexible workplace with work from home opportunities (huge pro for me as working parent)
- competitive salary
- engaged colleagues
- employees WANT to be there - very friendly and collaborative environment
- really nice office with tons of natural light, good coffee, and love the café and game rooms

Conshaven't experienced any cons yet.

Advice to Senior Managementbe sure to listen to your employees that are out in the trenches.

Great place to work!

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deltek full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe benefits are fantastic including PTO, health insurance, and 401k. The availability of flexible work arrangements makes the work/life balance easier on all and increases productivity. The offer of tuition reimbursement and internal education opportunities (Deltek University) allow for growth within the company and personal improvement.

ConsThere seems to be a high turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to educate and retain current employees, promote from within. The internal education process gets better every year - keep up the great work!

Growth, advancement and focus on work-life balance.

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deltek full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI have worked at Deltek for over four years and came to the company through an acquisition. Deltek afforded me the opportunity to expand my career and personal life in a fulfilling way by allowing me to work remotely, pay for my MBA, and reward my hard work by promoting me to manage a team in charge of a set of products. Deltek rewards hard work and those that are flexible to adapt to the ever changing market we work in. Deltek has confidence in their employees, rewards hard work, and promotes from within. Deltek's culture and environment sets the stage for employees to continuously 'lean in' to an excellent organization.

ConsDeltek is continuously changing to adapt to an evolving market, it's imperative to be flexible and rise to new challenges and tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be very transparent and communicate to employees. It feels great to be apart of an organization where the E team and senior management is always open to feedback from employees of all levels.

LOVE IT!

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Deltek full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPTO (17 days for up to 4 years of service, 22 days for 4-10 years of service, 27 days for 10 years or more of service) & 8 Paid Holidays

ConsI have nothing negative to add - sorry

Change gave me an opportunity for advancement.

I have been working at Deltek full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI've had 2 different jobs since joining Deltek and find them both extremely rewarding.
Bonus' and Benefits are both good

ConsWould prefer more opportunity to travel. Most of us at Deltek are happy with the company and the management team.

Can it really be this bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Deltek full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat mid-level and junior staff; ability to work from home; good benefits

ConsDeltek lacks leadership; products are a result of acquisitions and are mostly not integrated; products are based on vastly different technologies which makes maintenance and development costly; managers ignore innovative longer-range ideas while focusing exclusively on a bizarre product road map

Advice to Senior ManagementThe more jobs you push offshore, the more the quality slips. It's time to re-architect the entire thing. You need to start thinking longer-term versus just getting through the quarter.

Not enough work force!

QA Analyst (Former Employee)
Herndon, VA

I worked at Deltek full-time for more than a year

ProsGood benefits (good salary package and overall benefits!)
Flexible schedule (work from homes are allowed and not strict on schedule)
Nice people.

ConsOvertime is common because of the ridiculous time frame the management has set.
Processes are not organized! No one follows the protocols.
Managers does not listen to employees!
No one cares for the quality of the products as long as they are put out on time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the time frame for all the releases are enough so as not to sacrifice quality of the products!

Worked for Deltek? Contribute to the Community!

Deltek Videos

Deltek – Why Work for Us?

Why Our Customers Choose Deltek...And Why You Should Too For over 30 years, Deltek has uniquely delivered leading enterprise software and information solutions for project-based businesses. Our unparalleled solutions… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Deltek reviews and ratings in Herndon, VA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Deltek CEO Michael Corkery. All 75 reviews posted anonymously by Deltek employees.